Story Shadows from the Abyss

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Zebe, Jan 4, 2014.

?

Whaddya want?

1. MORE, YES, OH YESS

10 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. I'd enjoy reading more of this. :)

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. Nothin', just passin' by...

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  4. More of this? Not interested.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Lemonade, with lemon. Shaken, not stirred.

15 vote(s)
    44.1%
  1. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

THIS FIC DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE. CHECK THIS POST OUT FOR MORE INFO:
    https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/shadows-from-the-abyss.62623/page-5#post-3337204

Shadows from the Abyss at Fanfiction.net
    Night Sky, the sequel
    Chapter list:

[REDACTED]
    - - -

I just happened to realize I want to write a Starbound fanfic.

So, here is the first chapter.
    Story is about, wait, I don't tell yet, I'll let you figure it out. Kinda short in my opinion, but ok. I'm not a professional writer, nor my native tongue is English. Mishaps happen. If you find errors, please point them out. I want to improve myself, and feedback, criticism and opinions about the fanfic help in it very much.

- - -

Shadows From The Abyss

Chapter 1

[REDACTED]

- - -

That's it for the first chapter! Also, there is a poll up there if you didn't notice. I made it for lulz helping you to express your opinion.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    Ponamis, Kaiachi, Relten and 4 others like this.
  2. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Story now renamed. Woot.

No feedback? Please? I need feedback! I live for it! It's my elixir of life! My unicorn blood! My source of all energy! Please, don't kill me... I'm dying... already... :zombie:

- - -

Shadows From The Abyss

Chapter 2

[REDACTED]

- - -

I really like the letter Z. ;)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  3. Ian10583

Ian10583 Void-Bound Voyager

Loving it so far and I would love to see more.

Zebe likes this.
  4. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

I bet the first chapters are so full of errors that someone who knows more than me about English will just get their eyes bleeding.

3rd chapter after a 4-day break, whoops. I dunno how many people are interested in this, I'll just write more for fun. (btw thanks Ian10583!)
    Posting every day during this weekend, hopefully every other day in future.
    This chapter is also quite short, I'll make the next one longer.

While planning the future chapters I noticed some lore contradictions, considering lore is pretty much WIP now.
    This will be based on the lore that we can found in the game right now. (Human Introduction, mostly.)

- - -
    Shadows from The Abyss

Chapter 3

[REDACTED]

- - -

First a cliffhanger at the end of the 1st chapter, now a flashback? What am I writing, Clichébound?

Ponamis, Kaiachi and macodelo like this.
  5. Ian10583

Ian10583 Void-Bound Voyager

Gotta love flashbacks. Keep this up. :megusta:

Zebe likes this.
  6. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

huehuehue

- - -

Shadows From The Abyss

Chapter 4

[REDACTED]

- - -

Disclaimer: Writer of this fan fiction does not hate Avians

Ponamis, The Squid, macodelo and 2 others like this.
  7. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

...screw it. :cool: Rather few weeks.
    Would still appreciate any feedback/criticism. Thank you.

- - -
    Shadows From The Abyss

Chapter 5

[REDACTED]

- - -

I wonder, should I include the NSFL tag?

Ponamis and macodelo like this.
  8. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

There is going to be introductions of several characters in next two chapters. I'm still working on them. I need one side-character for the fanfic because of story reasons, so if you would like to see your character in there, you're free to suggest.

9. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

I think its fine, maybe a PG-13 warning. Also, this is absolutely amazing, definitely one of the best fan-fics on these forums. Would you be interested in taking a character application into consideration?

EDIT: Lol, you JUST posted it was okay as I wrote this. Alright, here you are:
    Name: Hawk Novablast
    Personality: Brave, loyal, smart, 'techy'
    Items: Custom made blue Impervium armor, similar to that worn by a HALO Spartan. Secondary color of the armor is black. Custom made plasma assault rifle, black, forged of Impervium, fires blue plasma, can be set to stun enemies or fire rockets. Several plasma grenades. Blue Electroblade (pretty much a lightsaber).
    Tech: Energy Dash, Pulse Jump, Skyrail Rider, Gravity Bubble
    Vehicles: USCM Mech (looks like the Human mech, but blue and black, with the USCM logo), USCM Jeep (looks like the Human Jeep, but once again blue and black with the USCM logo)
    Ship: Blue Variant of the Human Dreadnaught from this mod, called the USS Liopleurodon http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/human-dreadnought.416/
    Pets: Multicolor Grey/Beige Tabby Cat named Nova (for the wild patterns on his pelt, which reminded Hawk of a supernova), blue 'Seamouse' (small blue fish with the body of a mouse, and a mouse tail, but fins and gills) which he keeps in a fish tank.
    Favorite Food: Pizza and Coca Cola
    Companions: His second-in command, best friend and co-pilot, Regional Commander Chris Hatterfield, in charge of USCM operations in Sector X, Glitch Experiment and loyal soldier Subject X.
    Prized Possession: A complete skeleton of the ancient marine reptile from Earth Liopleurodon ferox, kept frozen in suspended animation in a vault in his ship, until cloning technology is possible.
    Appearance: 6'1'', dark brown messy short hair, blue eyes, light skin
    Bio: Hawk Novablast was born on Earth, where he originally wanted to be a Paleontologist. However, due to a terrorist attack that killed his parents, he joined the USCM, and quickly rose the ranks, becoming Regional Commander at the age of 22, in charge of the security of Planet Earth. When the tentacles burst out of Earth's core, he successfully escape with his personal squadron of 20 USCM troops, and almost 60 civilians, and due to many deaths, was hastily promoted by the remnants of the United States government to Supreme Commander. However, several tentacled monsters stowed aboard, and killed off the entire squadron and civilians quickly and silently in a matter of two days. He and Chris barely managed to survive, and the aliens terminated the FTL drive, causing them to run out of fuel in orbit of an unknown planet. Eventually, after a few years of surviving, they managed to make contact with the USCM, and they had just enough fuel to reach the USCM's central command base in orbit of Mars. They continue to wait for the opportunity to reclaim Earth, but until then Hawk has been successful on a number of missions, such as Operation: Cleanup, Operation: Renegade and Operation: Avex.

Fun Fact: Since Operation: Avex (see the Fan-Fiction 'Afraid of the Dark') he hasn't been particularly fond of Avians.

Zebe likes this.
  10. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

I'm sorry, but I can't include this character in the story. It's mostly about his backstory, which doesn't fit in the fanfics's setting. (Not to spoil anything, but taking the role of a cryptic devil I can reveal it kinda "overlaps" with stuff...) I can make a brief appearance for that character in later parts if you want, maybe in form of a transmission. Is that ok?

I'm writing the chapter, leaving blanks to where the possible "submission character" appears. If there is not going to be more applications, I'll just throw a minor apex fellow to take that spot.

11. Hawk Novablast

Alright then, no problem.

Zebe likes this.
  12. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

I apologise for the absence of the lemony beverages to the other person voting the option #5. The other voter is me, because writing makes me thirsty.

- - -
    Shadows From The Abyss

Chapter 6

[REDACTED]

- - -

Un-fun fact: This is the longest chapter yet, being 1001 words longer than the shortest chapter, which is the chapter 1.

macodelo likes this.
  13. Hawk Novablast

Great work! I knew they weren't USCM, or if they were they must have been corrupt, seeing as they were kinda asses.

Zebe likes this.
  14. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

I haven't forgotten this, no. I'm just busy.
    Getting quite close to the midpoint of the story. Thoughts?

- - -
    Shadows From The Abyss

Chapter 7

[REDACTED]

- - -

Next time on Shadows from the Abyss: The Magnificent Escape!

macodelo likes this.
  15. Sandchester

Sandchester Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i would enjoy the lemony beverage while reading this

Zebe likes this.
  16. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

- - -
    Shadows from The Abyss

Chapter 8

[REDACTED]

- - -

17. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Guess what? I have a new hat!

Not really, but I have a new update for you.
    - - -

Shadows from The Abyss

Chapter 9

[REDACTED]

- - -

macodelo and Hawk Novablast like this.
  18. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

You poor readers, have this:

[​IMG]

You've waited this long enough! Life has given you lemons!

Next time: A wild distress call appears from you know who and you know from where.
    Just a heads up. :DD

19. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

This thread is being stalked. Also, is the next chapter the one were the Tentacomet screws Earth?

Hawk Novablast and Zebe like this.
  20. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

[REDACTED]