1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Several MAJOR technical console issues with Stardew Valley on PS4 Pro. Please fix this.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Retro Edge, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Retro Edge

Retro Edge Void-Bound Voyager

I played it for many hours in the last few days, switched sometimes the game, went out, came back and played some more Stardew Valley and noticed several major problems that scared me and needs to be addressed fast.

This is a topic about big technical issues that appears with and around Stardew Valley and I'm a little bit scared that this can break my console, because what happens here when you switch the game or turn the console off really can't be healthy for it and only appears with and around Stardew Valley. I hope that ConcernedApe can look into this.

And i need your help too if you're noticed some strange things like this, please post and report about it.

• Almost every time when i try to turn the PS4 Pro off after playing Stardew Valley, nothing happens until it beeps 3 times and hard resets himself. No matter if i turn it off while i play the game or after i did something else like watching 1 hour Netflix. This only happens when i played Stardew Valley, i tested over 20 games and situations, only Stardew Valley seems to break something when it got booted up one time.

• Sometimes when i played Stardew Valley and want to switch to another game, the game won't start and get stuck at the first Bootscreen. Only after i played Stardew Valley.
    This one is not from me but from one guy on Neogaf, what shows me I'm not alone. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226667760&postcount=3707

• "Strange bug after playing stardew valley, on both mine and my gf's ps pros. The bug is not affecting the game itself, however it locked up some of my other games. Destiny, Fifa 17, Fallout 4 and even FFVX (disc) all lock up on the loading screen. The only thing we did before noticing this is play Stardew, and it happened on both our consoles."
    Something is really strange here and like i said, really scares me a little bit, i hope it gets some attention here. I don't know if these things only happen on the pro or if they happen on the OG PS4 too. Please leave a comment if you noticed something else.

RicardoG and Elite49 like this.
    • Timedye

Timedye Subatomic Cosmonaut

The regular PS4 and Xbox One are both suffering from different (but similar) issues to the Pro version. I think of the three platforms, the standard PS4 version is struggling the least, although it too is plagued with save issues, sound issues, and stutter issues.

I've seen tweets from ConcernedApe that he and Sickhead Games are aware of the issues and are working hard to try and patch the game as quickly as possible.

Even so, it's fairly unacceptable that the game launched in this state. It's a mess.

• Mikek

Mikek Tentacle Wrangler

No worries, this will not damage your console. This is sometimes happening with other games as well, only difference is that in Stardew Valley it happens every time and with other games like in 1 in 1000 instances. :)

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

It certainly is a mess, and one that could turn into a disaster if the bugs aren't fixed and the console versions patched in the next few days. I fear that the console versions will sink without a trace if the issues aren't very quickly fixed and patched, even if that costs $30,000 (or whatever) to upload each patch.

Edit: PS4 version is of course now patched (but the PS4 Pro issue wasn't addressed in this patch).

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
          • Retro Edge

The newest patch hasn't fixed anything for PS4 Pro users. The Pro still hard resets after playing the game and other games + Blu Ray movies doesn't load at all, it's ridiculous.

• RicardoG

RicardoG Seal Broken

It happens to me too, I didn't test it yet but I suspect that only happens after you save.

• pride1789

pride1789 Space Hobo

same issues:

1.) After playing stardew, PS4 pro will not properly enter rest mode. requires hard reset.
                2.) After playing stardew, PS4 pro will not shut down properly until it gives 3 beeps
                3.) Other games will not launch after closing stardew

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Instead of powering off the PS4 Pro when this bug occurs, try holding down the power button for 30 seconds. This has been recommended by a few people on the Stardew Valley reddit.

• pride1789

pride1789 Space Hobo

yes that works as well, but thats BS, it should enter rest mode properly. stardew jacks with the ps4 pro somehow.

• Chrisy

Chrisy Tentacle Wrangler

Yep, same thing here. I really hope that this get's fixed ASAP. It is a bit ridiculous that it causes such an issue with the pro. I want to play Stardew Valley but I don't feel comfortable with it right now.

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Would be great to have an update from Chucklfish on this please ............... come on folks, we know you read these threads.

• Chazprime

Chazprime Void-Bound Voyager

The three beeps means your PS4 is trying to shut down an application and failed, so unless you hard reset it, you won't be able to properly play anything else.

Elite49 likes this.
                          • Elite49

Elite49 Subatomic Cosmonaut

This. Holding the power button is also just just like doing it on a PC, so not recommended.

• Retro Edge

Still no patch for this. What the Hell? Why is this not pulled out of the store already, you can't sell something like this, to pro user. WTF.

• Boboulus

Boboulus Poptop Tamer

Im having the same issues with my PS4 pro after playing stardew. Just had an issue where the PS4 would not start properly and no image was shown on the tv just like the PS4 was not outputting any video. Really strange.... I had to pull the power cable from the PS4 to successfully boot up my PS4 again.

Any words on a fix soon?

Ps. Loooove the game itself :)