1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Set Home! Only, well...

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by _Lost_Soul_, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Lost_Soul_

_Lost_Soul_ Orbital Explorer

I push the button and nothing happens. I'm in orbit over the planet I want to set as my home. I thought maybe I was missing something, so I checked around online (videos, posts, etc) and everything I found said it should be just that simple. Press the button and done.

So...why isn't it doing anything at all? Help would be nice, but I won't panic. The game doesn't need the Home...just a feature I'd like to use one day.

2. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Have you set your home before or is this the first time? Nothing will flash at you, there is no message, the only thing that happens is a little green house appears below the planet you had selected when you clicked the button. Try going to the planet and setting up some kind of marker (cluster of torches, make a stonehenge, whatever), then go back to your ship and click the "Go Home" option on your teleporter and see if you end up in the same place as before.

3. _Lost_Soul_

Yup. Did all that. I click the button and nothing happens. No icon or anything on the planet other than the red "You are here!" arrow. The Go Home and Teleport Home controls (teleporter or ship navigation control) also do nothing when pressed.

4. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Exit Starbound. Verify your game files (Steam > Right-click Starbound > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache) and disable all mods (if you don't know where they are you probably don't have any installed). Launch and try again. If you're still having this issue after doing the above then please post your specs. You can also try moving your universe folder out of the Starbound directory (after exiting the game) and trying again to see if it's a world loading issue.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2014
  5. JayBizm1992

JayBizm1992 Space Hobo

Just wanted to say, I'm having the same issue and I've tried going to different planets and setting them as Home. No like as of yet. Going to give Dunto's advice a go and see what happens!

6. Pisceus

Pisceus Space Hobo

I can confirm this is also happening to me, and that I tried Dunto's advice yet the problem still persists. I suggest writing your co-ords down until this problem is fixed. c:

7. _Lost_Soul_

Yup. I tried Dunto's advice as well, and still no luck. On the bright side, I don't have to worry about accidentally over-writing my home planet and losing it. :p

8. Dunto

Dunto Guest

What race are you guys? Not Floran by chance?

9. fanisx

fanisx Void-Bound Voyager

Same thing here. My race is Floran.

10. T-T

T-T Space Hobo

Playing with a hu-man, got same thing.

11. _Lost_Soul_

Human, actually. Err...in game at least. :whistle:

12. T-T

T-T Space Hobo

It's 4 AM in the morning here, and that was an attempt at humor.

...I have failed.

13. _Lost_Soul_

No, i got that ref too. My post was in answer Dunto, same as yours.

14. JayBizm1992

JayBizm1992 Space Hobo

15. Dunto

Dunto Guest

I was just curious as another player had reported the same problem but with Florans only. Several players have reported this so I'm sure the devs are aware of it.

16. janz83

janz83 Big Damn Hero

Same for me. Single player, human, first game (just shopped it yesterday). First day of play, first bug. Not bad :S

17. deing

deing Void-Bound Voyager

Same problem here =( I lost some things with my main character, I started a new one and now can't set home

18. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Set home is currently not working for me either, also playing floran.

I went ahead and wiped all my characters (saved the files of my main, had a lot of mods going though). Now i'm (mostly) vanilla. :)

19. ogountheloa

ogountheloa Intergalactic Tourist

Tested even with avian, home feature doesn't work.

20. heyyitswill

heyyitswill Space Hobo

I'm playing Floran after resetting due to the other bugs that have arisen with this update. I'm having problems setting home but this problems have been persisting since I purchased the game roughly three days ago. I'm just writing down the planets co-ordinates until there is a fix as I don't want to lose the planet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.