1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

(Server Problem) Kicked from server when entering same location as party member.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Aceflux, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Aceflux

Aceflux Void-Bound Voyager

So today, I bought starbound for my friend so we could play it together (Ive had starbound for a few years now, I have 619 hours logged into it). I couldn't wrap my head around portforwarding at all, and even when I tried it broke my router so I decided to just use the steam multiplayer feature. The game was running somewhat fine- until we tried warping to each others ships.

Whenever my friend would try to get onto my ship, he would get kicked from the server and I would have to re-invite him. We thought it would be one of the mods (Soma Exploration Ship (Novakid)), but the issue continued when I tried going onto his ship, or when we tried to both go to the outpost at the same time. His game wouldn't crash at all, he would just get kicked from the server. Im running off of the most up-to-date version of windows ten and so is he.

I have these mods installed: Frackin Races, WD Luthier + Real Keys, Lettered Ores, Soma Exploration Ship (Novakid), [Colorbound] 2016 (Says that even if only one client has it installed, the other client would be able to see it), Reki's Anime Music Pack, Frackin Music, Frackin Universe, Glowing Ores, Wardrobe Interface, Manipulated UI, and Enhanced Storage

His Mods Installed: Make The Universe A Cuter Place, Frackin Races, Frackin Universe, Soma Exploration Ship (Novakid), Frackin Universe, Wardrobe Interface, Manipulated UI, Enhanced Storage, Wd Luthier + Real Keys, Musical Merchants, Giivasuners Highest Quality .ABCs, Crazy Freaks Song Collection, Mighty Music song pack, Mighty Music Instruments, Not Another starbound song pack, corys music pack.

EDIT: 'Exception Caught in client main-loop "Asset Exception" error loading asset /stats/effects/regeneration/foodregen.animation' is the error he gets when he gets kicked.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Can you attach the full log when he gets the disconnect?

~ Iris ~

3. Aceflux

Aceflux Void-Bound Voyager

From what I understand, there is no log. We're running the server off of the steam multiplayer function, because neither of us understand portforwarding at all. The only thing he gets when he disconnects is an error message that says "Exception Caught in client main-loop "Asset Exception" error loading asset /stats/effects/regeneration/foodregen.animation"

4. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Should be the same log.

Clients joining servers with different mods or no mods the server has can disonnect the client.

Disable ALL your mods and try it. It should work without any problems.