1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

(Server) Occasional lag freezes 2-3 seconds.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Geethebluesky, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Geethebluesky

Geethebluesky Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is anyone else playing on a standalone server (different machine) with nothing else running on there, more than enough power to run the game, yet still experiencing lag spikes that freeze the game for a full 2-3 seconds where nothing moves, game doesn't respond to input or update graphics, and then proceeds to resume normally (until the next spike)?

I don't have consistent framerate issues at all, running between 40 and 60 most of the time. This happens even when I'm the only player on the server, which I'm running at home just for me and husband.

Server is modded with FU and a bunch of other things (88 in total), no errors or warnings in the log at the time the spikes occur.

It's bothersome enough to warrant posting about. :)

Thanks for any ideas of what might be going on.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please provide your full specs of your client and your starbound.log located in the storage folder of your starbound install.

~ Iris ~

3. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

also, have you tested with no mods installed? If it continues to happen, its either specs or Starbound itself