1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Server has closed the connection - Multiplayer connection error issue

Discussion in 'Support' started by Lyrahtu, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Lyrahtu

Lyrahtu Space Hobo

Hello!

I have various online friends in the US. We all want to play stardew together, but I keep encountering a particular problem. Every time I try to join with the invite code, it accepts the code and then 'connects' before saying that the connection has failed. After a restart, I am able to connect and upon creating my character I get booted out of the game and it says that the 'server has closed the connection'. Furthermore, the same 'server has closed the connection' crash occurs even when I have successfully entered the game; albeit allowing me to roam around for a few seconds before crashing completely. On an earlier occasion, I was playing with two other people and the game completely glitched out for the other players - furniture duplication, and my friend getting stuck under a table. I believe that these two incidents are due to connection issues. I have unlimited internet use and no firewall whatsoever. Furthermore, I have a Mac OS High Sierra Version 10.13 and stardew is played on fullscreen. This issue continues to repeat no matter the method of joining - by code, friend invite, etc.

I do hope that someone can assist me with this issue so I may play with my online friends! If you need any further information, please let me know! Thank you!

~ Lyra

Mac version: Mac OS High Sierra Version 10.13
    Stardew is played on: Fullscreen
    BuildID - 2841548
    Error images: Attached
    Error logs: Failed to find them in the game files, though I suppose that it wasn't a crash as to so much as a connection error

Attached Files:

• Lyrahtu

Lyrahtu Space Hobo

Update: I have been able to sort of join, but in the rare times I have been able to successfully do so for the short periods of time, I am unable to see any other player move. The time also does not progress but I am able to move around freely.

• RenaiRoa

RenaiRoa Space Hobo

Did u change any settings that made it possible for u to join?

• Lyrahtu

Lyrahtu Space Hobo

No, actually. It was after a vast amount of restarting the game and attempting to join. It was probably by chance that I managed to get slightly in.

• Lyrahtu

Lyrahtu Space Hobo

Bump! Please assist me in this issue!

• cydie

cydie Space Hobo

since the multiplayer went public, i too have been having this issue, never encountered it in beta, but seems to happen at least once every half hour real time