1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Discussion Server - Can you allow more than 4 players per party?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Zunaro, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Zunaro

Zunaro Void-Bound Voyager

I am hosting a server here in Starbound, however a group of friends that play games together that exceeds the 4 player maximum. Is there a way to extend this limit or is it there for game balancing reasons?

2. cycloneblade11

cycloneblade11 Void-Bound Voyager

yes you can you need to change a config file in your starbound/storage/starbound_server.config

3. Grobocop

Grobocop Space Hobo

Me and my friends have tried changing the config file and it changes the amount of people in the party allowed, but when four people enter the party the icon to invite people disappears. Is there another way to invite people to parties, like a chat command?
    --- Post updated ---
    Ok, you also need to change the maxTeamSize variable in YOUR OWN starbound.config to make it the party size that you want it to be. This gets the button back

4. Zunaro

Zunaro Void-Bound Voyager

That does not seem to work.

5. SJunior

SJunior Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Has anyone found a solution to do this?

6. Usiemon

Usiemon Cosmic Narwhal

Hi,

I have edited both the client's and the server's config files to allow a group of more than 4.
    It worked.

7. JAZR

JAZR Poptop Tamer

yes, but what about ADDING more player to your party of usually max 4?

8. Clubz

Clubz Orbital Explorer

So how do i do this?