1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Serious Poll: Robot or Underwater?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Patrick, Oct 14, 2012.

?

Bender or Zoidberg?

1. Robot

187 vote(s)
    35.1%
  2. Underwater

346 vote(s)
    64.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tojo

Tojo Existential Complex

I think another reason to have a robot race is because of the lore aspect. The three race that we have info o. Are humans, avians, and apex. Each one has splinter group so far. Humans hard there home destroyed, some avians are atheistic, and some apex don't believe in the forced evolution. If we already have bad robots then maybe we can get a splinter group of good robots.

2. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Existential Complex

Robots all the way! Like the ones that Gunslinger guy suggested. *hint* *hint*.

3. Catoosie

Catoosie Heliosphere

I vote underwater, because of the lack of feelings with robots.... playing as a robot would take away from the emotional experience of Starbound I think. It's just not the same as being a living creature.. but being a robot would be cool. It would just be harder to become attached to a robot character for me.

4. A.N.T.I.

A.N.T.I. Spaceman Spiff

If they choose underwater races, I will fly around the universe killing every fish, humanoid or not, that I find.
    I will not cease until EVERY SINGLE FISH is dead, along with fishlike creatures. They will PLEAD FOR MERCY at my hands, then after I've done that, I will find the devs, and I will cut off one of their toes for every time they DON'T add a robot race.
    But if they do, I shall be pleased.
    So yes, obviously they should go with the fish race.

5. ragingrhino

ragingrhino Industrial Terraformer

Why not "Cyborg Aquatic"?

6. I vote for an underwater race since I like anything that is mysterious. :DD

7. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

As i thought about it, the aquatic race would bring a more organic aesthetic to the game, and give something to them fully aquatic worlds that might push that world into a new level of cool.

Vespers likes this.
  8. Stargazer

Stargazer Existential Complex

I think an aquatic cyborg would be better.

ragingrhino and Catoosie like this.
  9. LoftyAnchor

LoftyAnchor Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, I was thinking of the robot race again. As soon as i had a positive thought about robots, I found a lollipop in my pocket. I think this is fate.

10. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

I'd choose feline, but it's not available here, so...
    Underwater. Robots aren't a race. They aren't even alive to be honest :p

I think I'll stay with this unless there will be Megpoid GUMI in Starbound... :DD

Catoosie likes this.
  11. [​IMG]
    /I picked Underwater. >3>

KwickPhyre, ThatMrT, Dehlak and 6 others like this.
  12. Tojo

Tojo Existential Complex

I don't think robots will be emotionless. They said that you can choose a personality so I would assume the robots are sentient being that have emotions but maybe they don't know how to express then so they set out into the universe. Like what it the lore for them was that a group of robots managed to hack there hardware because they were fed up with the monotony of robotic life so they filled themselves with emotions.

13. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

Imo I prefer to be augmented alive being than a machine. :p

14. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

"Any contiguous living system is called an organism. Organisms undergo metabolism, maintain homeostasis, possess a capacity to grow, respond to stimuli, reproduce and, through natural selection, adapt to their environment in successive generations."

if a robot managed everything on the list, you would have to consider it alive

Necrovore likes this.
  15. Spike

Spike Supernova

I would have voted for the robotic race had it not been for the possibility that the underwater race might involves lizards of any kind. And I. Love. Lizards.

Bombzero likes this.
  16. All these posts saying robots can't be a race beacuse they don't have emotion or are alive make me sad.
    There are plenty of colorful and likable robots! What are you talking about?
    Here are some examples. Maybe you've heard of them.
    C-3PO
    R2-D2
    Bender
    Claptrap
    Curly Brace
    GLaDOS
    Wheatley
    R.O.B.
    Wall-e
    Eve
    Cortana
    Lopez
    HK-47
    343 Guilty Spark

I could go on forever...

17. Duex

Duex Cosmic Narwhal

cortana isnt a robot ._.

18. Close enough, She's an A.I., which is the brain of any robot.

19. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

I am perfectly sure that robots will have a problem with growing. Assuming it won't use a technology that I haven't dreamed of.
    One way or another, I'll stay with underwater race as long as there is no Megpoid GUMI in Starbound. :rofl:

20. LeBleuMeldy

LeBleuMeldy Pangalactic Porcupine

Please underwater squid like race. Please!

Saal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.