1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Serious Poll: Robot or Underwater?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Patrick, Oct 14, 2012.

?

Bender or Zoidberg?

1. Robot

187 vote(s)
    35.1%
  2. Underwater

346 vote(s)
    64.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

underwater mainly for the aesthetics of it, we have the apex and their fairly advanced

2. Patrick

Patrick Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The percentage should of been 50% for each.

3. Vespers

Vespers Pangalactic Porcupine

I think I'd like an underwater race, since it just feels more stellar...

- I also couldn't decide which similar topic to post my opinion in, so I choose snipers!

4. Tojo

Tojo Existential Complex

I want robots because they are advanced as can be. Apex seem like humans just more primateish. Just imagine the dungeon generation for a robot. Underwater race is cool but I hope its not fish need a fish bowl.

5. Stargazer

Stargazer Existential Complex

I doubt they'd be using fish bowls. It would be something more high-tech.

6. I've made that decision easy for people now; I've merged them all into one. :)

7. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

Person A votes for option 1
    Person B votes for option 2
    Person C votes for both options

Both options have 2 votes and 66.7%, because of 2 votes for each divided by 3 total voters.

Could the poll have a "Both" option?

8. well what if the fish people are semi-aquatic egg laying mammals of action!

9. Duex

Duex Cosmic Narwhal

haha, the poll question is Bender or zoidberg :whoop:

10. Vespers

I love waffles... :3 And I appreciate that.

11. Patrick

I understand now. :) Thanks for clearing it up.

12. Tojo

Tojo Existential Complex

I said that in a previous post before the merge I want a robot race, but an underwater one is fine if they can be like zoras from Zelda.

13. Well, whoever merged these threads didn't take the poll into account.
    Now robots are much farther behind. :cry:

We already have 2 primitive races, and only one technological race.
    And besides, the apex arn't exactly what I want to play as. I don't exactly find them that interesting.
    Whatever the case, I'm 99.9% sure that races will not, I REPEAT, will NOT have special traits such as swimming speed, underwater breathing, resistance to heat and cold, etc. I also beleive that whatever race wins, the other will follow, so we're just choosing which we will get to see first.

Go robots.

14. I was talking about:

15. LoftyAnchor

LoftyAnchor Pangalactic Porcupine

Difficult decision for me, but it really depends on what the races looked like. There's a lot of technology in the game of course, so robots fit, but the current races would also fit an aquatic race perfectly, considering we already have well, bird people and plant people.

Going to vote for aq- I mean zoidberg- for now. Just hope the aquatic race isn't bunch of Squidwards. Now that I think of it, I'd love for my character to look like Ikalgo from Hunter X Hunter.

16. Vespers

Hmm, I feel that the aquatic stellar beings, will complement the plant type stellar species. ... Then again the robots also compliment them... Tough battle between these two...

17. Tojo

Tojo Existential Complex

Oh ok now I get the reference e sorry but hey you may never know it might happen

18. Patrick

I feel like the robots would have to look very distinct as we already have enemy robots.

19. LoftyAnchor

LoftyAnchor Pangalactic Porcupine

Very true. I think some of the armor pieces might make our characters look a bit robotic as well, since it looks like there'll be some high tech gear.
    Although if they were to pull it off and make the robots look distinct enough, could look really cool..

20. Vierv

Vierv Pangalactic Porcupine

It really depends on how the robot/aquatic race turns out. There's a large spectrum of what either could be.
    Robot: Metal human shaped contraption -> almost human android
    The latter I mean "almost human" because most will be synthetic skin. Perhaps with glowy tubes/wires, missing patches of skin, chrome metal showing through.
    Although it could be the skin is an awesome glowing circuit board interspersed wth chrome plating and wires, etc for hair.

Aquatic: Swamp monster man -> Zora
    Former is ugly gross thingy, latter is human like with a fin/dolphin tail on head, or something like that.

I'm hoping for the android being, but the chances of that are slim to none because it would be too much like a human. If the fish-man does happen, I hope to God it isn't the swamp monster.
    All is speculation at this point though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.