RP Serik - Science Fiction RP

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Hwo Thumb, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Hwo Thumb

Hwo Thumb Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]
    Let's play a space game!

To apply to this roleplay and read up on the lore, create a character sheet here.

Old News

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  2. Hwo Thumb

The Roleplay has begun!
    We're going to start off with the situation Shiro set up in the OOC.

The Serik gates to Whittouch are usually pretty heavily guarded, but after some intensive recon work, Shiro and her crew have managed to locate a gate in fairly deep space. The maintenance crew won't be by for a few hours, and her mark is scheduled to arrive before then.

Getting the job had been tough. It had taken quite some time to find a ship small enough for her to take traveling through an unprotected gate at this time. With any luck, however, everything would go down smoothly.

Shiro's vessel detects a power surge in the Serik Gate's generator, and the rings around the inside of the gate begin to spin up, turning into a blur. There is a flash of hot blue light, and then there is her mark, emerging from the gate.

Something is wrong, however. Apparently, Shiro's intel had been off. The frigate heading towards her is not unarmed. A set of gun turrets line the starboard side of the ship. From the look of them, they are likely high-caliber kinetic rifles; Nothing the kinetic shields couldn't handle. Still... it's an unpleasant surprise to see the enemy vessel armed.

Turning the narrative to you, Shiro. Begin your attack, or ignore the vessel?

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  3. SurealLustHunter

SurealLustHunter Subatomic Cosmonaut

Shiro:

She mumbled under her breath as she stumbled out of her quarters. "Captain! Enemy ship on the radar. Heavily armed with large-bore kinetic rifles, shall I raise the shields?" Shiro gave the man a glare as she stumbled to her station "All units. Battle stations." She said, her voice resonating throughout the ship. "Arm type one volt driver, get seven thousand amps ready to move. Load Varanium round*. Do not fire until commanded. Plot an intercept course that would take us five kilometers in front of them" The crew burst into a whirlwind of energy, getting their assigned tasks done "Do not fire until I command you too or unless we're fired upon first. We have no mark of distinction and no reason to make them think that we are hostile"

*A type of magnetic metal alloy, this round is roughly the size of a human forearm. It has been known to disrupt shields, assuming the shields aren't set for any type of EM resistance

4. Hwo Thumb

The comm panel blinks for a moment. There is a brief crackle of static, and someone appears onscreen. A Chipi, and apparently a high ranking one, if the number of tattoos on his face is anything to go by.

"This is a restricted area." the Chipi growls. "There shouldn't be anyone here. Civilian ship, identify yourself immediately and move out of the way.

Apparently he hasn't noticed that Shiro's Kinetic shield is up.

5. SurealLustHunter

Shiro:

She looks up at the Chipi captain and lets out a slight yawn "Im sitting here. Waiting for a client of mine who is aboard a ship, coming into this sector. Im sorry if we have offended you sir" She said as she looked at her hair "I apologize for my horrid appearance..." She mumbled under her breath as she patted down her poofed-up hair "I am Captain Mitsubishi, of the independent frigate Avalon, I am sorry to hear that we weren't supposed to be here"

6. Hwo Thumb

The Chipi glares suspiciously at Shiro. "Another vessel coming through this gate? That's impossible, we had this place locked down a month in advance for this transit." He looks to his right, whispering something to a crew member who is out of the frame. Apparently satisfied, he turns his attention back to Shiro. "Who, exactly, are you supposed to be meeting here? And don't tell me it's 'confidential;' you'll find that my rank more than entitles me to put your ass in jail if you don't cooperate."

**Warlava is welcome to jump in at any point.**

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  7. SurealLustHunter

Shiro:

"Not confidential. Just business." She said as she cut communications "Open fire, target their engines and reactor if possible, we don't want a bloody mess yet" She said as she stretched "If anything happens contact me through my communicator. I'm getting ready" She said as she left and walked down the corridor to her quarters. The door opened with a soft hiss and another as it closed. She undressed herself and looked in the mirror, contemplating on what to wear. After a few seconds she heard her cannons fire, the rounds zipped towards the enemy ship. She smiled as she put on a dress made with nano-weaved kinetic fibers, a present from Hemlock. She slipped it on and reached for her large-bore handgun, putting it in a holster on her leg. She finally brushed out her hair, making sure it was flawless before going back to the bridge

8. warlava50

warlava50 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Walking out of his room, heck got out his wrench,ready for a few repairs. He only saw a glimpse of the other ship in the area, but he saw shiro's intel was wrong. "SHIRO! I THOUGHT YOUR INTEL SAID IT WAS NOT ARMED!" He yelled down the hall and sighed. eh, it was fine. nothing the ship or he couldn't handle.

9. Hwo Thumb

The first volley reaches the ship. However, the shields are apparently more powerful than they first appeared. A few of the shells bounce straight off, hurtling into space. The rest are severely slowed, and don't do much damage on impact, but the Varanium does its job, disabling the shields and opening the ship for another volley.

That's when the other ship returns fire. The line of cannons along the side of the ship are not kinetic rifles, but high velocity plasma railguns. These extremely powerful and extremely illegal cannons blast four projectiles towards the Avalon at a ridiculous speed. The shots come too fast to see, and slam into the ship. Only two of them do any serious damage, however; One stuns the shields for a moment, and another hits one of the ship's cannons straight down the barrel, instantly destroying it.

Everything has gone very horribly wrong. You could continue the fight, and with the enemy shields down, it's very likely that you could destroy them in a few more shots, but you might suffer some heavy losses.

The comm panel blinks, but the channel is closed. Apparently your opponent wants to talk.

10. SurealLustHunter

Shiro:

She mumbled as she armed auxiliary rail guns, in the event that they decided to fire another volly "Heck! I need a full report on damage." She said as she opened up the channel "I am sorry, I believe we got off on the wrong page..." She said as she curtsied to the chipi "I had no intention of killing, just to cripple. You did seem quite the threat to me, and here you are, pointing a metaphorical gun in my face" Shiro said as she sat back down "So tell me, is there anything you would like to discuss?" She said as she leaned forwards "Or did you just want to se my pretty little face again?"

11. Hwo Thumb

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" The Chipi roars. "You have just initiated an unprovoked and deliberate attack on an officer of the Galactic Military Police Force! Lower your kinetic shield immediately and prepare to be boarded; we're taking you in for questioning."

Looks like playing innocent isn't going to work. You can surrender, attack again, or make a break for it. (Or come up with your own way out of this)

12. SurealLustHunter

Shiro:

She let out a giggle "My my, I do like it when men are forcefull" She said as she smiled, shutting off communications "Fire two class B EMP missiles and fire the railguns, be sure not to damage anywhere crew and valuables can be. Leave em dead in the water" She said as she walked off "Im going to prepair to go aboard for this 'questioning' he wants me to do" She said with a yawn Jesh, he didn't even like how cute I was being just for him. Her face started to get all red as she put her hands to her face, hiding her rose red cheeks Well, that's to be expected of Chipi

13. warlava50

"Well, the shields are stunned and a cannon is destroyed!" heck yelled back to shiro. running down to the cannons, he started to repair the area around the cannon that blew to bits. once he was done, he ran up the stairs again to activate the railguns to hit the reactor.

14. Hwo Thumb

The EMP missiles take down the shields with ease, but by the time the Avalon's railguns are prepped, the GMPF ship's weapons are already armed. The railguns light up, launching their shells. The second volley shells hits a lot heavier than the first, because the Kinshield is still recovering volley. This second row of shots causes a minor hull breach on a lower deck and puts the shield out of commission. The Avalon takes several hits and a considerable amount of damage, but going off the damage reports, nobody is killed.

After what seems like forever, the Avalon's weapons are ready and primed. The railguns tear through the already-weak shields, destroying the majority of the enemy's weapons. Only two railguns are left. In addition, the enemy ship's shields are disabled. With their weapons mostly gone and their shields down, the next volley will destroy them.

The Chipi hails you again, apparently to discuss terms of surrender.

15. SurealLustHunter

Shiro:

Shiro lets out a sigh of relief, seeing as none f her crew were dead and hopefully none of her foes were as well. "Open the channel" She said as she leaned back in her chair "Well well captain, you did fight quite bravely. Tell me, do you need any medical supplies?" She asked as she leaned forward "I don't want to seem that cruel, unlike my father" She said as she viewed their ships current status "No shields and a majority of your guns down? No wonder you hail us instead of fire another salvo"

16. Hwo Thumb

"I'm hailing you, you little piece of Tarrak, because I want you to know that your terrorist activities will not succeed."
    Before Shiro can reply, the Chipi captain continues, "Every crewmember of this ship is prepared to take our cargo to the grave rather than allow it to fall into your hands, Secessionist chorpin!" Apparently he has mistaken the Avalon for an IPSF extremist ship. It's an understandable mistake; Shiro did just launch an unprovoked attack on a military ship and then try to completely bull**** her way out of it before continuing her assault, after all.

The Chipi leans in close to the screen, his huge center eye furrowing with fury. "You may kill me, but you will never defeat me."

Well then. I guess Shiro shouldn't expect the GMPF to lay down all their weapons before she boards.

17. SurealLustHunter

Shiro:

She let out a sigh "Look, im just a simple mercenary hired to get the cargo on that ship. Im trying to make a living in this nonsensical war over which faction should rule with an iron fist." She said as she leaned forward. Her amber eyes stared into his single eye, emotionless and eerie "I will ask one more time. Lay down your arms and your lives will not be taken. I will let you and your ship go after a small investigation, particularly why a seemingly civilian vessel is so heavily armed." She said as she leaned back. "Please do re-consider. Hail me once your ready" She said as she cut communications. She let out a sigh "Those Chipi are some tough customers huh?" she mumbled as she issued a secret command to Heck, reading:

I want you to get ready for an assault on the enemy ship. If they don't co-operate I want you to lead a small division to their power core and overload their systems. Be sure you remember how to shoot, and how to kill.

Shiro out.

18. Hwo Thumb

"All security hands, report to the barracks." The captain's voice sounded over the intercom. Aaron was grateful for the order. The past few minutes had been utter confusion for him; The ship had been attacked, much to his dismay. He had been warned when he had signed onto this mission that there might be some danger, but he had needed the extra bit of cash from the danger pay bonus. Besides, they were supposed to be undercover as a civilian ship, why would anyone want to attack them?

Unless... Pirates?! Or maybe even a security breach? Now, he was regretting his decision. What if the Darasis-Ali was destroyed? If he just died right here, killed in a skirmish with ruthless pirates, who would care?

Aaron had no intention of dying. He hurried to the barracks, where Captain Beaky awaited. The Chipi's face was stern, but his eyes were filled with fear. This was not a good sign. To Aaron's knowledge, Beaky wasn't afraid of anything. They must be in some serious Tarrak.

Beaky nodded to Aaron as he entered. "Mabi Daake, thank you for coming." Turning to his assistant, he asked, "Is that everyone?"
    "All security hands are here." The Shorman replied, checking a box on his pocket computer. Aaron took his place in the lineup.

Beaky projected so that everyone could hear him. "Mabi of the Darasis-Ali, we are facing a dangerous opponent. Our attacker claims to be a hired gun, working for the IPSF. While you may not know the particular details of our cargo, you know that it is vital that it does not fall into IPSF hands. It should be destroyed before that can happen."

Aaron swallowed hard, dropping his antennae in fear. Was Beaky saying that they would have to fight mercenaries? This was bad. This was really bad.

"We have only one choice - We'll fight to the last man, and if they beat us back, we destroy the whole dietan ship, cargo and all."

"Korma-fet..." Someone behind Aaron swore under his breath. "We're going to freaking die out here."

Something was bothering Aaron. He raised his hand. "With all due respect, Mabi Beaky, I - I think me and some of the other guys here would feel better about this if we knew... we knew what we were protecting. Sir."

Beaky glared at him. "I'm sorry, Mabi Daake, that can't happen. I intend for us all to survive this. If you were going to die, rest assured, I would tell you the nature of your mission." Pulling a weapon off the shelf, he continued, "Now, ladies and gentlemen, they want to take our cargo intact, so they're going to try to board us. We have a defensive advantage, but we don't know how many of them there are, or what weapons they have. Stick to non-kinetic weapons; we don't want some idiot shooting a hole in the wall and getting all of our organs pulled out through our asses from a vacuum breach. We'll give small arms to non-military personnel. No sense in getting our engineers killed too."

Beaky's Shorman assistant had already began distributing weapons among the security officers. Aaron hadn't used many laser weapons, preferring the more tangible feel of firing a real bullet rather than the recoilless, slow beams. Now, however, he was grateful for whatever he could get his hands on.

If those mercenaries want our stuff, they've got to get through me, first. But even as he thought these words, he wondered just how easily they could get through him.

God, why did this have to happen to him?

**OOC** Keep in mind, Shiro, that you can't use any information that your character doesn't discover. This is all for filler and to move the story along, but your character doesn't know it's happening. Also, let's see more from Heck Day.

19. warlava50

receiving shiro's message, heck armed his laser rifle and wrench, got a few crewmates ready, and was armed to the teeth."Just in case we fail, well, see ya in hell or high heaven my friends!" Heck said to the rest of the division, getting some armor on. All he had to do now is wait for shiro to deliver some signal to attack.

20. SurealLustHunter

Shiro:

She yawned and leaned back, hoping that her opponent would reply. "Hang on...." she mumbled "Jackson, get me a full readout on exactly what kind of ship that is and who it belongs to" She said. "Also, i want a word with our contact asap." She said "And put the readouts on my private terminal NOW" she said as she rushed to her quarters "Heck, I need you to do something" She said as she sent him a manifest "Equip the men with those spare low-calibur pistols. Make it look like were weak out here. I'm going there to arrange peace. Bring a modular stun device too. Be sure that we have all the things we need." She said as she skimmed over the readout

"That's definately a civilian ship, but it has been modified a substantial amount" She looked at the specs some more "These guys must be packing something valuable allright, no ship would have this many plasma cannons if it were carrying some rich vacationers right?" She said as she thought to herself "I have a feeling we were used Heck. We were used to flare things to a breaking point so that war could break out." She said "Gal brushi malkeith abrietan!" She shouted as she kicked a wall "First we go over, then we take a look around. Oh, don't worry about me, i got my Taulmaril* with me" She said as she hailed Shark

"Hey, you drunk or got a hang over you old fool?" She asked. The pilot mumbled something as he got up "I aint sober if yer askin me that lass" He said, his thick irish accent bleeding through "Good, cause we're gona need that fancy flying of yours to dodge some ships cannons that may or may not be operational." The pilot grinned "Ma'am ya know i fly better drunk 'en sober" He said as he got up "Meecha athe Meridian" He said as he cut the comms "Good, good." Shiro said as she leaned backwards "Heck, get ready, meet me at the Meridian, Sharks bringing us in"

* Her high-calibur handgun she strapped to her leg. With a bit of modification, it fires electrically induced bullets at anywhere from lethal to non-lethal velocities and voltages