Story SEPTINIUM (Chapter 4)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by XiG0, Mar 22, 2018.

1. XiG0

XiG0 Tentacle Wrangler

-----------------------------------

This is a story written by Xigo. Don't make a story with a different name with a similar idea or steal this story/idea and publish it here or somewhere else.

Plagiarism isn't cool man, get your own ideas.

[​IMG]

Before I start the story, I would like to give you some information about The Outpost. The Outpost in the story is way bigger than the one we have in the game. It's a whole city with a mall with the classic outpost nearby as a mall. The Gate to the Ruin is positioned at the center of the city, where if you walk straight from where you dropped off to the teleporters you can arrive at the gate in a jippy. That's all, enjoy the story!

[+] CHAPTER 4 [+]
    Pete's Assignment

The Outpost, Unknown Planet

Raena looks is in the dressing room, trying on her new clothes. She wears the last set of clothes she picked out, a blue long sleeve shirt with a black vest over it, blue skirt, black leggings and white boots, along with the black toolbelt she had with her uniform. She twirls her hair and smiles, seeing how the clothes fit her.

"You look pretty good!" Raena heard a familiar voice, which turns out to be just a flashback.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You really think so?" Raena giggles as she looks at herself in the mirror, wearing the Protectorate Uniform

"Yeah! Blue fits you a lot." Aiden scratches the back of his head. "It just matches your unique red hair so much, hehe."

Raena looks away and blushes. "Alright, I guess I'll stick with this then!" She looks at her clothes, thinking about how Aiden likes the color of her uniform.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raena giggles, remembering her first day in the Protectorate. She then worries about Aiden and starts tearing up. "I wonder if he's okay..."

She looks over at her manipulator. "I hope I'll get to see you again.. Aiden... But for now I'll be stuck with a novakid and his crew..."

"Heyy! You done in there?" Milli calls out from outside the dressing room.

"Yeah! I'm going back out!" Raena gets the other clothes along with her manipulator. She opens the door, seeing Milli waiting for her there.

"Hey! You look nice!" Milli gave Raena a thumbs up with a smile.

Raena giggles and walks out the dressing room. "I'll take what I'm wearing and these two." She shows her a couple of clothes, as she leaves the others by the seat nearby.

"Yeah okay, I'll pay for it." Milli smirks as a mini drone scans the tags on Raena's clothes.

Raena gets startled by the drone and jumps, an employee takes her unchosen clothes from the seat. The drone flies over to the cashier and Milli along with Raena follows it. "So this is how the shops are here? So advanced..." Raena walks by Milli, carrying her chosen clothing.

"Isn't it like this on Earth too?" Milli raised an eyebrow, asking Raena.

"Well, we still have cashiers having the tags checked by the counter. We don't really have any drones flying around scanning tags."

"Well, welcome to The Outpost."

Milli pays for the clothes with a quite decent amount of money. "Where's Sineeda btw?" Raena looked around.

"Sinnie went out to buy your armor and fix up your uniform and stuff like that." Milli replied. "Speaking of Sinnie, he's right behind you!"

Raena looks behind her, where Sineeda is standing, carrying a cloth bag of items. She gets startled and jumps because Sineeda is just really tall. "Oh, my apologiess." Sineeda slightly bowed and asked for forgiveness.

"I-It's alright." Raena calms down, as she peeks inside the bag to see her armor. She saw her protectorate uniform all sewed up and good as new, but the other clothing didn't look like armor at all.

"I thought you were went to buy armor?" Raena looked up at Sineeda.

"This ISS armor. Flexsible Auto-fitting armor to be sspecific." Sineeda replied. "You're gonna wear it under your preferred clothing."

"So the whole crew has armor like this?"

"Yess."

"I see..."

Milli grabs the bags containing Raena's from the counter. "Alright! I got your clothes!"

"Thank you so much!" Raena put her hands on her chest.

"No prob, come on let's go back to Ethyl!" Milli went over to Sineeda and gave him the bags as they started chatting. Raena followed them from behind.

"I didn't know these two are actually so nice..." Raena smiled as she watched them chatting. "They get along so well."

She starts to think about Ethyl, slightly not convinced that he is like the two.

Milli gets a text from her phone and checks it. "Oh! Ethyl's already downstairs."

"Let'ss get going then." Sineeda followed Milli as they walked faster.

"H-Hey, wait up!" Raena followed them to the lift.

Meanwhile with Ethyl

Ethyl leans by wall near the entrance of the mall, waiting. He looks at his Matter Gauntlet. (His matter manipulator that was customized to his liking and fused with a gauntlet) and remembers how he got it. He looks down and clenches his fist.

"Ethyl~!!" Milli called out to Ethyl, as they walked over to him.

"Oh hey, y'all are here." Ethyl got off the wall and stood in front of them.

Milli stepped back, showing Ethyl how Raena looks. "We've bought Raena's stuff already! How does she look?"

Ethyl stayed quiet for a while, as Raena blushes a bit.

"Mm." Ethyl nods and raises three fingers forming the a-okay gesture.

"That's it?" Milli tilts her head at Ethyl.

"Well, I don't wanna seem creepy in front of someone who already assumes that I'm some universal troublemaker, would I?" Ethyl shrugged.

Raena growled. "Hey!"

"Anyway, we have to go." Ethyl turns to the entrance. "Pete's got a job for us."

Milli and Sineeda went from having cheerful faces to serious ones. They followed Ethyl out as Raena followed as well.

After a long walk, they went to Penguin Pete's shop and saw him talking to two penguin workers.

"Ah, there you all are." Pete walked over them.

"Hey Pete." Ethyl nods once at Pete. Raena examined the man.

Pete was a shady looking captain that looked like a pirate with an eyepatch. He had a ginger colored beard, a prosthetic leg, and a deep voice. "What did you come here for, Novakid?" Pete asked.

"My ship has run out of fuel. I kinda need more so I can continue on with what my job." Ethyl replied.

"Ah, fuel. I'll be glad to sell you more, but unfortunately my stock of fuel hasn't arrived yet. Scram." Pete turns around and was about to walk away, but Ethyl put his hand on Pete's shoulder to stop him.

"I've also heard about the problem going on in the mining facility where you usually get your stock." Ethyl put his phone up and showed him the mission in the Erchius Mining Facility.

"Darn, Ethyl, you are always informed about these mercenary jobs of mine." Pete smirked and crossed his arms.

"M-Mercenary jobs?!" Raena thought. "W-Why would he be taking jobs from the Penguin Mercenaries?"

"Well, I guess you can take the job." Pete turned around. "If you do that, I will fill your ship up with enough fuel. Free of charge."

"Thanks Pete. We'll be going now." Ethyl turns and walks back to the nearest teleshop.

"Why is a mission like this doing in a mercenary request?" Raena asked as she followed Ethyl.

"The job was meant to be done by both mercenaries and officials." Ethyl replied. "But usually, we finish the job ahead and get paid."

He and the crew arrived at the teleporting station. They walked over to the 2 teleporters that had a sign hanging above reading "Erchius Mining Facility."

"Let's go." Ethyl got in one teleporter. "Sinn and I will go ahead. You two follow."

"Wait, can't I at least wear the armor?" Raena crossed her arms and gave Ethyl the frustrated look. "And I need a weapon too!"

"Hmm... What weapons do you use?" Ethyl got off the teleporter and walked over to Raena.

"A spear, a gun, just give me anything I can use for defense!"

Ethyl sighed. "Come with me back to the ship." He turned over to Milli and Sineeda. "You two go ahead and see what's goin' on. Send me the coords when ya'll get there."

"Gotcha, Capt'n!" Milli saluted and then went in the teleporters along with Sineeda, who bends a bit, since the teleporter is kinda too small for his height. They both get beamed up to the facility.

Raena watched them as they left, then was startled by Ethyl putting his hand on her shoulder. "W-What are you–!"

Ethyl beamed themselves back up to his ship. "Get dressed, bathroom's over there. I'm going to get you weapons."

Raena nodded as Ethyl walked out to the back of ship. She got into the bathroom with her uniform and armor. She took her clothes off and wore the auto-fitting armor.

"Too big..." She looked around her uniform, trying to find the button to find the button to fit it to her. She found it on her chest. "Ah, there it is."

She pressed it and the armor shrank, fitting her in just about the right size. The armor covered her whole body from below the neck down. She then wore her protectorate uniform over it. "It's like nothing really changed. Amazing..."

Even if she was amazed about the armor, she was still concerned that the armor can still be seen from her legs. "Nnngh... Jeez, whatever. I can't do anything about it."

She walked out the bathroom door to see Ethyl holding a lazer handgun and a spear on his back. He looked at her, fully dressed in uniform. "What?" Raena raised her eyebrow and crossed her arms.

"You're having a problem on the armor, are you?" Ethyl looked down at her legs.

"Y-Yeah..."

"Press the button on your chest again, it should remove the armor's visiblity."

"Won't that remove it?"

"Nope, you have to hold down the button to remove it."

Raena looked at the button and pressed it causing the armor to turn transparent.

"Great! That's cool.." Raena was amazed.

"Here's your weapons." Ethyl gave Raena the spear and handgun. Raena put the gun on her tool belt and she holds on to the spear.

"Let's go with the others now." Ethyl walked over to Raena and put his hand on her shoulder.

"Stop touching my–" Ethyl beamed them both to the mining facility, cutting Raena's sentence.

Erchius Mining Facility, Unknown Moon

When they arrived, the sirens inside were alarming and the door was wide open.

"Oh my god... What happened here..?" Raena covers her mouth looks around, seeing bodies unconscious outside the facility. "This isn't an attack by the Ruin, is it?"

"Nope. If it were the Ruin, this planet could've already be destroyed or it would be a new host for the ruin." Ethyl replied.

"Wait... So that means Earth is..."

"Most likely..."

Raena frowned, as she remembered the attack back then. "Hey! You guys gotta see this!" Milli called out to them.

Ethyl and Raena ran over to Milli, going inside the facility together. Sineeda was there, having a human on his hands. The human seems to be hit recently by something and is bleeding from the head, dead. "God damn..." Ethyl looked at the human. They heard a chilling roar deeper in the facility.

"We gotta get down there... There might be more survivors..."