Story SEPTINIUM (Chapter 1)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by XiG0, Mar 22, 2018.

1. XiG0

XiG0 Tentacle Wrangler

-----------------------------------
    This is a story written by Xigo. Don't make a story with a different name with a similar idea or steal this story/idea and publish it here or somewhere else.

Plagiarism isn't cool man, get your own ideas.

[​IMG]
    [+] CHAPTER 1 [+]
    The Graduation

???, Earth

The sun rises bright into the modern city in Earth. A city where all races thrive and unite, and live in joy, protected from any danger waiting to take their lives away from them.

Protected by what, you ask? Ah, here's where it all gets interesting. A structure of yellow and silver stands on the center of the city...

The Terrene Protectorate.

A coalition of many races to train graduates known as the Protectors, to... of course... protect the known universe. The Protectorate is led by the Grand Protector, a teacher or principal of the school... eh.

But I'm just an A.I., why am I even explaining something like this?

Oh, did I end that narration in the wrong way? Ugh, very well...

The story... begins.
    --------------------------------------------

The Terrene Protectorate, Earth

A redheaded girl sleeps in her bed, with her hair messy and a pillow over her head.

"Wake up." A female voiced A.I. from her tablet on calls out to her.

"Nnn..." The girl turned around and covered herself with a blanket.

"Wake up, Raena. You have overslept." The tablet vibrated on the table behind her bed.

"What time is it...?" The girl peeked her head out from under the pillow.

"8:40." The A.I. replied, as Raena got out of her bed.

"8:40!? Oh my god wait, it's graduation day!!" Raena kept bouncing in excitement. She ran to the bathroom and got ready. She took a quick shower, groomed herself, wore her protectorate uniform, and ran outside her dorm, internally screaming in excitement. As she walked, other students greeting her. "Good morning!" She greeted them back. She kept walking and came across a Glitch sweeping the leaves falling off the Sakura tree.

"Frustrated. They have me sweeping off the falling leaves every hour like I'm some machine." The Glitch sweeped the leaves on to the dustpan. "Impatient. Just one more day away from retirement."

Raena giggled at the Glitch and walked faster. As she reached the entrance of the hall, she bumped into a guy slightly taller than her, and fell to the ground.

"Huh...?" She looked up at the guy.

"Oh, sorry Raena!" The guy apologized as he held his hand out to help her up. "You okay?"

"A-Aiden!" She blushed and bowed slightly. "M-Morning!"

"Morning to you too, since you're here then I don't have to walk back to your dorm!" Aiden put his hands behind his ehad.

"W-Walk b-b-back to my d-dorm?" She stuttered as she blushed harder.

"Yeah, now come on!" Aiden pulled her, as he pointed to the hall. "We gotta go, you're the top of the batch and you're not supposed to be late!"

Raena walked with Aiden to the hall, and came just in time for the graduation. "And now, here are our graduates!" The Grand Protector, Leda Portia, called the line of students out for their graduation. The crowd clapped as they stood on the stage, while Raena was looking around for her parents. "Where are they...?"

She found them waving at her, as she waved back. "Parents?" Aiden asked.

"Mhm!" Raena nodded back at him, and looked away from him and blushed more.

"EEE! He's standing next to me!!" She thought.

Leda Portia raised her clenched fist to silence the crowd. "First, I would like to congratulate the top of the whole batch..." Leda took a medal from the box on the lectern and walked over to Raena. "Raena Bellmore!"

Raena covered her mouth in suprise, as Leda put the medal around her neck. The crowd clapped and cheered once again. "That's my daughter!" Raena's dad cheered, pointing at Raena.

"Congratulations, Ms. Bellmore." Leda held her hand out and shook Raena's.

"Thank you, Ms. Portia!" Raena shook Leda's hand back.

Raena got back on the line next to Aiden, as Leda went back behind the lectern.

"Told ya, hehe." Aiden whispered to Raena's ear, as she looks away blushing.

Leda raised her clenched fist once more to silence the crowd again.

"Now... Let us begin." Leda clapped her hands twice, as two other teachers carry an opened box of yellow devices called Matter Manipulators. "My fellow citizens and protectors... Today we come together to witness the Protectorate grow. For over 500 years we have stood proud here on Earth, drawing together races of all kinds in the name of peace."

Leda looked at almost each and everyone of the people in the crowd. "Our task; to protect our fellow beings; to support, house, and educate those that seek our aid, and to foster accord between those that aspire to it."

The teachers with the boxes walked over to the students with the manipulators. "Today, in the name of peace, we welcome our newest compatriots, and present them each with our greatest tool..." Leda raised her green-colored matter manipulator up, as the students' matter manipulators were distributed to them. "The Matter Manipulator!"

Raena, Aiden, and the other students raised their manipulators as well, as the crowd cheered...

and the hall shook.

"Huh? What was that?" Leda widened her eyes and looked around.

The hall shook more and giant red tentacles got into the walls, grabbing the citizens and protectors. "Wha– What is going..." Leda covered her mouth in fear, as a tentacle got out from behind the stage and grabbed her. She tried to scream for help but her mouth was blocked by the tentacle.

Leda managed to let her mouth free and struggled to talk. "Students! Run! Save yourself!" She screamed as she was dragged down by the giant tentacle. "MS. PORTIA!!!" Raena screamed as she held her hand out.

The tentacles grabbed other students, Raena was panicking too much that she didn't see who was pulled out the hall. She looks around and sees her parents run out of the hall too, she then took her manipulator and Leda Portia's green manipulator then ran out the hall.

As she kept running, the ceiling collapsed and blocked her way. "Crap!" She stopped running and looked at the manipulators she was holding. "Hmm... Can I use..."

Raena tried to use the two manipulators at a time. It did work, but it was kinda difficult for her as it is not that efficient to use it that way. "Ack, too heavy!" She moved the ceiling back to its place for her to pass, and she kept running until she reached the exit.

Raena stopped for a bit covered her mouth as she saw the people being pulled and thrown around the area. A tentacle almost hit her but she dodged it and kept running, looking for her parents. "Mom! Dad!!"

She kept calling out to them, but couldn't find them anywhere. She couldn't hear her parents calling out to her either, because of the loud screams blocking everyone's voices. She kept looking and looking, but can't really find them at all. She couldn't find Aiden anywhere either.

She ran with a tear going down her cheek, looking for a ship to escape in.
    Meanwhile

"Are we almost there?" A female Avian asked, sitting down on the passenger's seat of a ship's flight deck.

"Almost." A glitch replied while piloting the ship.

The ship stops hyperspeed and reaches its destination. "No way..." The glitch pilot stood up and looked at Earth through the window. "What's going on!?"

He saw a really huge tentacle surrounding the country where the Terrene Protectorate's city was located. The avian walked over to the pilot and covered her mouth. The floran looked over as well. "We're going down there!" The pilot got back on his chair.

"What the hell?" The Avian raised her voice. "Are you crazy?!"

"We're not leaving without Portia!" The pilot raised his voice as well, as he drove the ship down to the city.

"...Alright." The Avian nodded, then smiled as if she was in for trouble. "We always go on crazy missions anyway."
    Back with Raena

She kept running away from the tentacles, struggling to survive. She tried to run towards the evacuation ship which was on the other side of the building. She smiled as she headed towards the bridge to the evacuation ship. Another tentacle suddenly broke the bridge, causing Raena to stop running. The ship took off the planet and left. She broke down to her knees and cried. "It's... All over... for me"

The buildings were being destroyed and crushed by other tentacles. Bodies of civilians, protectors, and other people, were laying down unconscious on the floor. Raena kept sobbing, not knowing what to do anymore. She was about to give up...

But then she heard thrusters of a working ship. She looked up and was suddenly grabbed by someone inside the ship. "Got her!" The same avian female pulled Raena up into the ship. "Push it! Let's go Cap'n!"

The pilot closed the ship's doors then flew off the city, and into space once again. The ship activated its hyperdrive towards the closest star. Raena wrapped her arms around her legs, sitting down on the floor. "Ya alright?" The avian asked Raena.

Raena looked up at her and teared up. "Hey... Come on, let's get you up." The avian helped her up and sat her down on the long seat by the wall. The glitch pilot got out of the flight deck and looked at Raena and the avian.

"Are ya alright?" The pilot asked with his hands in his pockets. The glitch put his right hand out, then it revealed to have a gold and blue gauntlet worn on it.

"Y-Yes..." Raena nodded, shivering in fear. "T-Thank you..."

"I'm Milli... What's your name?"

"Raena..."

"Okay Raena, sit down here..." Milli sat Raena down on the seats by the wall.

"We saw that evacuation ship pass by, was Leda Portia in it?" The pilot asked, as Raena widened her eyes and remembered what happened.

"Ms. Portia... She was..." Raena started tearing up again. "The monster took her..."

The pilot looked down and groaned, then clenched his fist. He looked up again and pointed at Leda's green manipulator. "And that must be her manipulator?" The pilot asked again, and Raena replied with a nod.

The pilot sighed and pressed a button by the earpiece, unveiling his true identity. He walked over to Raena again, holding his hand out.

"May I borrow it?" The unmasked pilot asked.

"N-No!" Raena held tight to the manipulator and hugged it against her chest. "Do you think I will just–"

As Raena looked up at the pilot, she cut her sentence, shocked by what she saw.

"A novakid...?" She thought. "Piloting this ship...?!"

"The name's Ethyl." the novakid pilot introduced himself. "My friend and I mean no harm to ya, we just need to borrow that manipulator for a bit. Mind if you lend a hand?"

Raena held tight to the manipulator, not wanting to lend it to a novakid. She gave Ethyl a hostile look, as he still had his hand out. The ship stopped the hyperspeed, and has arrived its destination.
    --------------------------------------------

"10/10 would read again [​IMG]"

–Shootin'-Star, Starbound Amino

"This was overall a great story, I like how you captured the emotional trauma of Earth's destruction.
    I can't wait to see more!"
    –theminemanner2, Starbound Amino