1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP Separate ABC Files for each instrument in a song?

Discussion in 'Musical Instruments' started by VIcariousViking, Dec 15, 2013.

1. VIcariousViking

VIcariousViking Void-Bound Voyager

So I know with Starbound the point in a band is that so everyone can play in time. But having everyone play every note of every ABC file is kind of on the unimpressive side.

I know that if you have ABC files for each individual instrument you can still play them in time, as long as they match in tempo to the other files and you both type in the same band name in game.

EXAMPLE:

my I could name my band "Stardust" and pick the file from the list "Some awesome song - Guitar"

My file would only have the guitar part tabbed out and thus only play it in the game

Then my good friend NorthernLion could name his band "Stardust" also, so we'll be in time. He would pick the song "Some awesome song - Bass"

This file would obviously only have the bass notes tabbed out for that song. And so on and so forth.

I know this can be done. I just don't know if any songs are tabbed out this way yet. This is really how songs need to be tabbed for jamming in Starbound to be really cool and rewarding.

If I could get my hands on a collection of songs done this way I would gladly make a compilation file with all of them.

(...I didn't now I HAD to select a prefix. I don't know if this belongs here. Sorry if it doens't)

2. Ultric

Ultric Void-Bound Voyager

The latest update includes this being done with Zarathustra. It plays incredibly amazingly.

3. toadcannon

toadcannon Big Damn Hero

id love for more songs to be put that way my self but i honestly think they ed to really fix the mics first before going that extra steps which sadly would mean them completely recoding stuff for the mics for voices and not them jsut saying letters and a little better tuning on the instruments