Sending mail to other players

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by altruisticwolf, Mar 12, 2016.

1. altruisticwolf

altruisticwolf Space Hobo

I think as a way to ease into implementing multiplayer, is by maybe creating a mail system to mail items to other players on your friends list. I think it's a cool idea, and would be something to be looked into :)

XRiZUX likes this.
    • Aleyck

Aleyck Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd like to send NPCs stuff in the mail to boost relation. Maybe not as much, but some.

• altruisticwolf

altruisticwolf Space Hobo

True, I like that idea a lot as well. :)

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

I like the idea about mail and care packages to players and npcs just gotta ask one thing prehaps we can be limited to what we can send to other players for example you can't send Ore bars to other players or late game seeds or what not...Not to be a pain just hate the idea of being bugged by players for Free iri bars or free starfruit seeds all the time.

• M.Car

M.Car Space Penguin Leader

If it's only to people on your friends list that's not so bad. Unless your friends hate doing work. Which wrecks the point of the game... so...

But otherwise, I like this idea.

• XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

I think this is an awesome idea. But how would you mail stuff though? In real life you'd have to go to a post office, and the game doesn't have one. So maybe you just create your own mail box and put it outside the house and stuff items in there for NPCs and friends, that would be cool.
              Also I agree with this, should probably be limited. But then why would you send anything in the first place- To a friend, that's another important question when it comes to this matter. Like what reason would you have to send an item that the other person could get on their own when they are at that stage in the game? - Maybe having limits is not a good idea after all.

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Well the way I would see this work is you right click on your current mailbox then type the user's name in and whamo mailed. The next thing tho would be as in you could send the ores just not the completed bars. Mostly I would seen some of my wines my farm makes or some baked home goods for you know immersion.

• XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

Yeah makes sense. So if you could craft a weapon you could send the materials needed for a specific weapon to your friend, but not a complete weapon. Can't craft weapons in the game though I don't think, so that could be an issue.

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Lets say I'm having a hard time finding gold ore and say you have extra gold ore you can mail that to me but I would still have to smelt it and turn it into bars. Or say I need stone for a big project you could mail that just not complete products like furnaces and what not but you could still send artisan goods :3

• XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

Yeah pretty much what I had in mind. Although some people would want to give their friend a weapon or shoes for example, but those are complete items so in this sense it wouldn't work because they are not created with materials.

Edit:

Like imagine you want to send a chicken to your friend really bad, but all you are able to send is an egg. And the egg doesn't hatch btw, like wtf lets eat it

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016