Modding Discussion Selectable Conversation Topics

Discussion in 'Mods' started by DibJib, Mar 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. DibJib

DibJib Phantasmal Quasar

This could be both under the Suggestions thread or Mods thread, but I figure it could have a better chance of being a mod than being implemented all vanilla like and such.

Interaction between townsfolk seems very limited, maybe even dull right now. The most you can do is talk to them with 2 (on occasion 3) bubbles of dialogue, give them a gift, and then you're off. It feels very disconnected, almost chore-ish.

In my mind I imagine some sort of wheel that displays icons of conversations you can have with any person in the village:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It would sort of have a Sims kind of approach that would give you more interaction options through menus.

Icons:

Joke
    - Gives a couple of Jokes (Dirty, Funny, Playful, Mean) that work or don't work on certain people.
    Heart - Hug, Kiss, Ask on Date depending on what level of hearts you're at with your future spouse or friend.
    Speech Bubble - The talking alternative. Could have more options or could be the standard talking.
    Present - Give the person a present from your inventory.

But overall, it would make talking and just interacting with the NPCs a little more interesting than the typical talk once, give gift, leave dealio. :p

XaviiKinz likes this.
    • Prinnia

Prinnia Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• DibJib

DibJib Phantasmal Quasar

See looking at that mod (don't get me wrong, that's almost exactly what I'm describing) it seems too...complex? At that point talking to NPCs becomes menus (which is a lot of what is on screen when the mod is previewed).

• keyten

keyten Cosmic Narwhal

I just like menus.
        You will be able to decrease the number of conversation options easily. Just leave joke/heart/talk and you will have exact the same thing. This mod is becoming more kind of Api.

• DibJib

DibJib Phantasmal Quasar

And yeah that's cool. By no means am I saying your mod is bad in any way. It's way more than I could ever hope to accomplish entirely.

I guess just seeing all the conversation options is just a little, daunting? Like having that huge menu pop up that covers the entire screen was very weird for me. Something like tabs in the NPC's dialogue box that showed 3 more options when clicking it feels a bit more appropriate / stylized. Otherwise I feel like I'm just conversing with menus.