1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Secret Biome?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Quillon, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Quillon

Quillon Subatomic Cosmonaut

[​IMG]
    I found it today while spelunking on a Jungle Planet. I thought it was an interested underground biome, so I wiki'd it. I assumed it would be called "Crystal Caves" or something to that effect. however, when I got on the wiki....

It said that, while there was a Crystal Caves biome, the biome had since been removed from the game. in addition, the list of biomes on the biomes page detailed certain underground biomes, none of which resembled my discovery. I then figured that maybe underground biomes that already resembled surface or mini biomes may not be included of the list. however, this is unlike any biome I've ever seen...

I'm sure that I just missed something, and that this biome is no secret. but it felt strange, that there was no wiki information, so I thought I'd post it here.
    I can assure you, however, that this is not a lone structure, and there are several like it around the area.

Thank you for your time,

-Quillon

2. Palicence

Palicence Void-Bound Voyager

The crystal underground biome was not removed, so I don't know why it says that on the wiki. The crystal biome is hard to find though so congrats to you for finding one, and the structure up there is not only in that biome I don't think.

3. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Welp, a hylotl underground microdungeon spawned in a crystal cavern biome I think

4. Palicence

I don't think it's Hylotl because a lot of it is also Avian.

5. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

A lot? I see only the sarcophage which is avain o:

6. Palicence

the crystals were also used to only be used in the Avian labs which makes me think it's Avian, as well the only thing that makes it look Hylotl is the ornate roofing the rest of it is actually outpost stuff. It's probably just some underground multi species cult.

7. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

@Quillon, what mods do you have on?

8. Palicence

Why do you think he is using mods? I am simply curious as there is no info in this thread to suggest that mods are involved.

9. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

None of the blocks are from the outpost, it's all made of the same stuff as Hylotl underwater cities.

10. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

Actually, it is a Hylotl structure. It has a Hylotl-styled roofing and uses the same durasteel blocks as the ones found in Hylotl underwater cities.

Aside from the tomb, it has absolutely nothing to do with Avians.

11. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Hence my hypothesis

12. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

By the way, it's not a biome.

What Quillon found is a layer called Underground 3D.

oinkgamer likes this.
  13. whipping post

whipping post Cosmic Narwhal

those crystals were used in way old apex dungeons, not avian. and i can only assume they're apex because they were filled with mobs wearing frontliner armor. they used to have matter generators, which was the only way to get matter blocks way back in the day

the blue crystals, i mean. not the formations

14. Palicence

Actually back then they had different name generations for each race and occasionally when you killed someone if they had a friend near them they would say "No you killed (insert name here)", and all the people in those dungeons had Avian generated names. They changed the name generation a while ago though.

15. whipping post

whipping post Cosmic Narwhal

avians =/= high tech. i'm not too worried about pre-1.0 placeholder dialogue.

16. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

I've been seeing these since beta. I think I actually found one yesterday.

Many lesser biomes have weird hexadecimal names. They exist, but they're not "named" per se.