SecondPlaythrough Mod (Smapi)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by DEMIACLE, Dec 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Kulturbanause

Kulturbanause Phantasmal Quasar

I am your tester !!

• DEMIACLE

DEMIACLE Space Spelunker

Unraveling a nasty bug... update postponed tomorrow morning! Just need to make sure I got it

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I started reading the description of your UiModSuite mod and realised that, if I instal it, there are several other mods I can unninstal from my game. Considering I'm already using over 100 mods in my game, this might be a good idea. Less mods = less chances of conflicts. I will give these mods a try on the weekend to see how they work. I specially like the one to PlantOnGrass. It's one of those small simple quality of life mods that make a big difference gameplay wise.

• DEMIACLE

DEMIACLE Space Spelunker

Nah, the game has to know what type of fish so it knows how difficult to make it. Also the fish type checks against player.fishCaught, otherwise it will be ??? sooo you must catch the fish first, just hoping fish modders use that so they dont always show ??? trying to be as mod friendly as i can with these... its not easy!

upload_2017-2-15_11-25-30.png

xangria and Minakie like this.
          • DEMIACLE

DEMIACLE Space Spelunker

Also a warning, there was a nasty bug I found yesterday so be sure to backup your saves! Nothing should get corrupted but if I failed to fix it, you might end up with multiple horses! I'm pretty sure I got it, just let me know if anything fails and I'll fix asap

QualityOfLife Controls-
            Z - Summon horse
            V - Fast forward time by an hour
            G - Change how fast a 10 minute tick is

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
            • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

By the way, if you need further ideas on more stuff to the current mods, feel free to keep using ideas from the mods I'm already using. Installing UiModSuite and ImprovedQualityOfLife allowed me to remove a total of 8 mods already. x'D

• Kulturbanause

Would be nice to have an option to set/deactivate keybindings for each option your mod supports. (Where it makes sense ofc)
                Because many players using time change mods already which are quite good developed and have more options than your mod is supporting.
                Hence it would be nice to avoid overusage of keybinds.

I am referring to this time mod: LINK

General Feedback/Requests:
                - Display icons over animals that need petting! - COMPLETE ==> Add this for Shearing, Milking etc as well?? :)
                - What about a rework/implementation of the Luck Skill. The icon for the daily luck is already in. A Luck Skill Mod was already released but its only at 50% and unfinished. LINK
                - What i hate is Bundles for community center and Artifacts, Minerals for Museum. Would be nice to get a mouseover text that a specific item is needed for community center and museum. I know some mods support that indirectly / directly but not a single mod is supporting this for the museum as well.
                - Show item sell price in every menu. Like Inventory, Containers, Shop Menus.
                - Would be nice to see the range of the sprinklers ingame when you have to place them. Overlay.
                - Would be nice to go to some areas of the map where some trees or spawned digspots, Furnages are located. Most of the times you cant go there because of a fence or a cliff. Like many areas in the town or the ways from farm to town.
                Minakies Mod List on his/her page is pretty useful

@Minakie
                Thx for the list especially for the ZOOM MOD!!!!!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
                • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I second that. That would allow me to remove the B̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶M̶i̶l̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ Better Ranching mod as well. x'D

Kulturbanause likes this.
                  • DEMIACLE

DEMIACLE Space Spelunker

Good ideas, I was holding back mainly because I hadn't decided on some implementation details. I've seen a few frameworks developed but not to my taste and little to no documentation pretty much kills it for me

I want to write my options something like this...

addOption( int option, string label, ButtonType buttonType, Action validateOption, string/int/bool defaultValue )
                    getOption( string label )

so I will never again even have to think about the damn options menu while also not having to worry about keys for mods like you were explaining. I was actually planning to fork smapi, but a change like that might be too big atm since they are focusing on something else and i want this stuff available to me NOW =P but have since decided on a different path
                    Thing is I'm still stuck on a few things, mainly how to validate ( grey out ) a button... It is just not super flexible and I need to read up some more on delegates but, next on the list though

Once thats done creating options for anything will be cake and I plan to release so other modders wont have to drudge through the mess of stardew ui code

Minakie and Kulturbanause like this.
                    • DEMIACLE

DEMIACLE Space Spelunker

General Feedback/Requests:
                      - Display icons over animals that need petting! - COMPLETE ==> Add this for Shearing, Milking etc as well?? :)
                      A- added on my todo

- What about a rework/implementation of the Luck Skill. The icon for the daily luck is already in. A Luck Skill Mod was already released but its only at 50% and unfinished. LINK
                      A- Currently not in the works but that falls under content for me and unfortunately my ambitions are currently to nail down things I feel are essential which is basically everything I've released so far... once those are ironed out I'm going to replan a content mod

- What i hate is Bundles for community center and Artifacts, Minerals for Museum. Would be nice to get a mouseover text that a specific item is needed for community center and museum. I know some mods support that indirectly / directly but not a single mod is supporting this for the museum as well.
                      A-Great idea I've added it to the list

- Show item sell price in every menu. Like Inventory, Containers, Shop Menus.
                      A-I haven't had time to test everything myself, but I thought that was working... all those menus deal with different code which is why its a pain. Anyways post a pic and I'll look into it.

- Would be nice to see the range of the sprinklers ingame when you have to place them. Overlay.
                      A-I had this on a todo a long time ago but lost it... added it back along with scarecrow range

- Would be nice to go to some areas of the map where some trees or spawned digspots, Furnages are located. Most of the times you cant go there because of a fence or a cliff. Like many areas in the town or the ways from farm to town.
                      A-There is a fundamental problem with the way the maps are coded, those trees are not trees but just a dead part of the map thats sectioned off and same with the fences. Bassically you would need to replace the entire map (xnb mod) or dynamically load it. Some spots are actually open though thats why you see them spawn. I could potentially close off those spots, but thats pretty low priority for the work... its just a mess to dig through.
                      On a side note, one of my ambitions is to create fully dynamic terrain... Bassically you add hills/water/ cliffs dynamically in order to expand your farm but I don't plan for that to work with anything other than the farm and I haven't even looked into the difficulties yet... still need to get my basics done

Minakie, xangria and Kulturbanause like this.
                      • Kulturbanause

Thank you for your detailed reply. Ok i am going to retest your UI mod.... i already forwarded feedback maybe this is fixed already.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
                        • Kulturbanause

Sorry for doubleposting but here is my feedback for the actual UIMod Version:
                          [​IMG]
                          - Its nice to see the experience bar for each Tool. But you cannot see at what level you actually are. See the black figures i added ... (Only an example)

- Also its hard to keep track. Maybe consider to bring up an optional Overview for all skills in top left corner similar to the experience bar mod. People like me want to have an overview :).

- When you mouseover the bar the XP are popped in but its not readable if you loot something. You have to wait till the loot icon disappears. Maybe add the figures in the middle of the bar itself, permamently?
                          For example here:
                          [​IMG]

[​IMG]
                          If you are in a shop to buy crops you see the Sale value of the crops fruit as well. Which is really nice.
                          But i see a tree icon instead of a money icon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
                          This is the inventory of a treasure chest from fishing. Item description are being displayed for items.
                          But not for Shoes, Hats, Weapons. Also sell Values are not visible.

BR
                          Kulti

• DEMIACLE

DEMIACLE Space Spelunker

Nice feedback! Ive fixed everything mentioned. Does this icon look better?? For some reason I hated how "Harvest: $" so I went with an icon
                            upload_2017-2-16_12-29-6.png

also... teaser

upload_2017-2-16_12-14-10.png

• DEMIACLE

DEMIACLE Space Spelunker

Also I'm not against showing exp for every skill... I've seen that mod but I just think 5 bars takes up way too much space and I don't have a solution I like atm... maybe 5 small bars above the toolbar?

• Kulturbanause

Sounds great. Is the overlay for the sprinklers dynamic? Hopefully this is possible somehow because there are some mods available where you can set the ranges for each sprinkler ingame or via config (2 different mods).

I just want to highlight that the items prices are not showing big sales box'es inventory and player inventory. In general you have no overview about expected income as well. You have to wait till the next morning. Which is kind of a chance for a new possible feature for your mod ..

Just one question. In Vanilla do you also get 0 EXp for nearly all rocks in the mines??
                                [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
                                • HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

Just out of curiosity (and maybe to help me clean up my ridiculous amount of mods) which ones were you able to remove?

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

HopeWasHere likes this.
                                  • Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

At the moment, using the QualityOfLife mod conflicts slightly with CJB's Item Spawner menu. When you open the menu, if you end up clicking "G" in the search, then it removes CJB's menu and brings up the 10 minute tick menu. I assume even with a switch of key binds, it would result in the same thing.

People could just manually go through the list and find the object themselves, but not sure if you'd want to know just in case. I'm not sure if anything can be done about it or not.

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

Not just with the item spawner, but everything you type. Was trying to name my rabbit and it soft locked the game. A config would be nice so that if that happens the hotkey can be changed to a non-letter key, at least as a temporary fix. Also, I was wondering if you would consider making time freeze indoors an option. You have everything else from the timemod, but I still need to use it for indoors and caves. Maybe as an option in a config as well? Thanks again, your work is incredible!

Minakie and Xuomi like this.
                                      • Kulturbanause

Sorry dont want to sound picky but Luck skill is not replaced. Uimod shows only status of daily luck. Luck skill adds skill from 0 -10 also 2 perks from exp lvl 5 and 10.

Also Experience bars is not really replaced. Uimod does not deliver overview of all skill in top left corner...

xangria and Minakie like this.