Sebastian?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MarchWorm, Mar 5, 2016.

1. MarchWorm

MarchWorm Void-Bound Voyager

I just found out he isn't as amazing as I thought.
    I found out he brings in a bong when you marry him :/
    I understand that it's not the worst thing in the world, but it kinda matters to me.
    I also understand this is a video game but it still matters to me!

NOW THERE IS NO ONE I'M INTERESTED IN.

Pazoki likes this.
    • heartphilia

heartphilia Subatomic Cosmonaut

Maybe you can use it as a vase :'D I noticed too, but he was still "the only" choice. At least he's not that depressed and emo anymore. This is what pissed me off while "dating" him.

Request: Mod that deletes the bong lol

• Haebaragi

Haebaragi Weight of the Sky

He's still cute :lickitung:<3

• heartphilia

Yeah, I like him a little bit better with a portrait overhaul mod though.

• Jagore

Jagore Big Damn Hero

I like Sebastian's character much better then the other guys in town. Granted I never interacted much with Harvey and none of the guys are as bad as Haylee. Only problem I have with Sebastian is he acts like the stereotypical angry stepchild/jealous older brother.

• MarchWorm

I don't mind the moodiness, I can relate to it lmao AND YES PLEASE REMOVE IT ;.;

HE IS ;A;

.... I didn't notice a difference in his lmao
              I guess that's the creator's way of giving him character development? :rofl:

• heartphilia

Well, I used to relate, but not anymore and that's why it was annoying. Everyone's free to feel different :)
                I got the overhaul where all the faces are not so long anymore and it makes a slight difference. I'm waiting for the anime mod though - curious what he'll look like.
                Haha, I had to laugh about one specifically stereotype sentence. I just stopped by to talk to him and he was all like "Demetrius can't tell me what to do! He's not even my real father!" And then I just thought "oh boy..." :D
                I choose Sebastian because Alex seemed to be that stereotype highschool football player who goes out with all the cheerleaders lol (later I found he's not that bad), Elliot is just ugh... sorry but to me the portrait is a no-go, Harvey is kind of uncle-like looking and Sam... well I don't like blondes. And Sebastian was kind of a bit emo and gloomy, but also a nerd and into fantasy and actually pretty nice. I too like being by myself a lot.

• MarchWorm

Sebastian just represents the kids that have to deal with step-parents. Some don't agree to their parents choices and I think that's awesome of the creator to include that--helps the game feel more real. :nod:
                  Harvey is one I really don't like because I don't like facial hair xD
                  tbh I wish Pierre was a choice, he seems appealing to me haha

• heartphilia

Yeah, I think it does make it realistic and I feel the whole game has actually good characters and they don't feel too made up. Pierre is more appealing than Harvey to me too! Haha! I wonder, if they are going to be new bachelors in the future.

• Afterscore

Afterscore Weight of the Sky

But but but... If you take away his bong how will he maintain his "ima rebel" persona

vekomov likes this.
                      • Haebaragi

I'm awaiting an addition or mod in the future that may expand on marriage.
                        The smoking cannabis thing, I may not want it for myself but for Sebastian and people who do, I can respect it.
                        However what I'm really wishing for is to make Seb quit smoking cigs in general.
                        When he tokes up is his choice, but normal cigarettes are a big no-no to me.
                        Secondhand smoke being far more dangerous than firsthand, not to mention it's kinda sad to see your partner willingly damage themselves like that.
                        I'm in medicine so I've seen the lungs of smokers, both alive and dead, secondhand and firsthand, and it's ugly and depressing.

vekomov likes this.
                        • heartphilia

Too late. It happened. The bong is gone :D
                          I agree I'd like him to stop too. I've never smoked and I don't drink anymore either, or just really 1-2 times in a year a glass of wine or something. And I feel superfine. Not judging though. People often say smoking calms them down, but to me this is just an excuse. Because I manage to calm down through other ways. It's just in your head. Again, not judging though. BUT if I have the chance to play a GAME with not REAL people and my hubby smokes, he's gotta quit haha :D

• Afterscore

Afterscore Weight of the Sky

Smoker here, can confirm, calms me down. Calms me down from not having had a cig in a while which is the whole problem. I'm working on quitting it's just a struggle etc.

In terms of a video game character though, it's part of his, uh, character. I can understand people being turned off by it but ultimately it's a defining characteristic that sets him apart from the other bachelors you know? I almost feel like it would have been a cop out by CA if he had tried to make a "loner rebel without a cause" character and just made them moody rather than actually try to emulate how a lot of those kinds of people are in real life.

Props to him for sticking to it imo.

• heartphilia

Good luck with that! :)

I understand what you mean. There are so many people with different opinions. It's good we can mod things to change it a bit, if we like and so everyone is pleased. I must say I don't totally need to quit him smoking - it was just a joke. And the bong well I actually don't care either, I just noticed it. Sebastian's smoking animation was also kind of sexy because the rest of the time he feels very soft lol Like I said there are many different characters in the game and CA made it really well. I mean first I met Shane and thought "Gosh what a d*ck" or George and thought "Ugh never talking to you again" haha that means the characters are well done and in the end they all get nicer, when you get to know them and stop judging :) Almost like in real life huh. And Sebastian is really a nice hubby. He cares a lot and I would love him to have more free time for himself. He alsways pretends to dust and cook and whatever :D

• Haebaragi

Yeah, that's usually how it goes with smokers. They know it's bad for them, so I won't bother telling them something they already know. Quitting is tough, would be nice to see that added, to add depth to the marriage and strengthen your bonds or something of the sort.

I don't think Sebastian is the only one who smokes though. I think I've seen Sam smoke with him once too when they hang out together, though Sam is probably not as prolific as Seb.

• heartphilia

You don't see the animation too often, I think. I was even surprised when I saw it for the first time.

• Haebaragi

Yo, not gonna lie I was like "ooh, typical badboy look."

I tried to resist.

Obviously could not.

I am weak.

vekomov likes this.
                                    • heartphilia

Me too :D We're in this together.

Altough I actually love guys that are older. Like the Witcher hehehe.

Haebaragi likes this.