1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Sebastian out to destroy my farm?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Aemi, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Aemi

Aemi Starship Captain

So I spent all winter doing some aesthetic work on my farm. I laid down paths, inlarged my pens with some prime hardwood fences, planted a ton of trees to frame some areas of interest... it all looks really good!

Spring comes, I say good morning to my daughter and my slightly hungover husband, and head out to clear the weeds and start the grass patches in my grazing field when suddenly...

Sebastian is outside.
    Not like standing on the porch outside where I would expect him to be.
    He is in the middle of one of my paths way out on the shrine side of the farm.

Ok.... so maybe he likes it out there now that I have paths? He makes a point that he wants to stop smoking then randomly runs away. And I mean RUNS. I followed him to see where he went and he zigzaged around a little before essentially hopping the fence on the far right into the background and BOOM hes gone offscreen!

._.
    erm.... ok then! Back to business as usual. Let's ignore my weird glitching husband. These goats aren't gonna plant the grass themselves afterall!

Well part way through planting, There goes Sebastian again, running past me....
    And DESTROYING my hardwood fences in the process! Every fence post he bulldozed into got popped, with him grumbling like it's MY fault he can't watch where he's going!

I can't afford to keep replacing these fence posts but I don't know if this behaviour is going to continue! Every time I move to a different part of the screen, in comes Sebby running like his life depends on it and I am starting to worry for the safety of my machinery as well as my livestock and fences!

• Aemi

Aemi Starship Captain

So apparently this is a common issue with the latest update.
      Has it been fixed yet? Id really like to get back to my game!

• Candied Citrus

Candied Citrus Void-Bound Voyager

There was an update this morning, which seems to have fixed the problem of your spouse wrecking your farm. Certainly, I've been playing for a few hours this evening, and everything's been fine on that front.

• Aemi

Aemi Starship Captain

oh thank lord... ill have to check it out and see if it worked for me. thanks!