RELEASED Seasonal Outfit Changes

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Tanpoponoko, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Tanpoponoko

Tanpoponoko Big Damn Hero

@paradigmnomad Thank you soo much for doing all that coding work :cry:<3 I think the weather dependent version and a festival-only addition is a great idea

I just imagined that the sweater would have a patterned front and a solid grey back, just to give it some variety!

@Chill-T
    THE GALAXY COAT FOR EMILY <3 It's so amazing!!! You've truly outdone yourself!!!!

Got all the ideas for the spirit's eve costumes done yesterday and I'm going to get started today. I'm thinking of doing a Fall rain for Emily just to round her out more, since the other ladies seem to have more outfits. Also wedding dresses/tuxes sound like a fun idea~

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    • Seyph

Seyph Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ah, so then I think the rest of the sprites on his Egg Festival sheet should be updated to reflect that, because the majority of them show a maroon back. o:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
      • Tanpoponoko

Those other sprites won't show because they aren't used during the festival, only the top 4 rows will be used. The reason they look like that is cause I did a color-change command for the whole file to quickly convert existing colors.

• Seyph

Oh, okay, duly noted. c: Another question, all the sprite sheets that have currently been completed are posted in the OP, right? Wanting to know so I can be up-to-date for the next official update, for the no bowlegs version I'm working on.

• Tanpoponoko

Yes! Everything I've done is in the OP, and I update it as soon as I've finished another one (Penny's Spirit Eve is almost done, should be up within the hour) and I'll always keep track of any changes I've made in the log at the top of the post! :) Thanks for taking on the no bowlegs version!!

• paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@Tanpoponoko Heads up, Pierre is in the preview of all of the Luau sprites but the spritesheet itself isn't.

Tanpoponoko likes this.
              • Tanpoponoko

Thank you for catching that! He's up now :)

paradigmnomad likes this.
                • Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

hi, since you are doing a mod of the sprites could i make a request for a dark-skinned evelyn and an asian willy? i wanted to do alts to both of them and this would be an ideal way to do that, pretty please?

• coldazrael

coldazrael Existential Complex

This is probably nothing to do with the seasonal stuff, but I think it would be.. good enough if you heed the nearly-useless request of mine. Perhaps you lot know the bloody pedo generous bear who asked you for a maple syrup? Is there any way to make a such limited NPC like this to be.. seasonal? Perhaps give this poor sod a santa hat during winter or something? :cautious: My reason because this bear is not just a 'bear', well what do you expect from a talking bear anyway o_O

I know this a huge request but practically little use on the game, but It's really fine if you ignore this request anyway :laugh:
                    -------
                    Speaking of the bear though, I ripped took the polar bear from Shirokuma cafe and gave it a recolour. I personally used this only to close the 'gap' on DCBurger's portrait that doesn't have the HD bear portrait, but in case someone needs it for personal use, or perhaps if my request is accepted, Chill-T could use this noob-made portrait for development. And it's just down here. v v v ( Edit : Just realised I forgot to save the new one, too bad I have no skill to remove the scarf :rofl: )

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
                    • Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

i intended to do the bear as i just completed the note quests and thought he was wonderfully creepy :rofl: if the bear was made seasonal i'd gladly do variants(as long as one could be clair the bear from th3e original sims)

coldazrael likes this.
                      • Tanpoponoko

I might take on the requests after I finish the content for the festivals

coldazrael likes this.
                        • paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Another update on the content patcher side of things:

Pathos has begun work on Content Patcher 1.5. Which means, custom tokens will hopefully be a thing soon! Also being able to specify multiple values in the `From` field will be useful for map modders. Even though these are only proposed changes and may not happen Pathos is still working on improvements.

What do these changes mean for SVO?
                          • Primarily, the config.json will be much easier to navigate. Removing the indoor/outdoor helped a lot in this
                          • The size of the content.json will be smaller & easier to navigate for those who look at it
                          • Files will be renamed, moved, etc. so it'll be recommended to do a fresh install when the time comes

Chill-T, HopeWasHere and Tanpoponoko like this.
                          • redprincessofdawn

redprincessofdawn Void-Bound Voyager

Not sure if this is the place to ask about this, but I've tried and failed several times to figure it out for myself so... I made Summer, Spring, Winter indoor and Winter outdoor outfits for Sebastian since he only had the one variant. I managed to get Summer, Spring, and Winter indoor working fine, but Winter outdoor just doesn't show up. There's no message in SMAPI reporting an error... it just doesn't show up. I'm really all out of ideas for what I've done wrong.

If possible, I'd really appreciate some guidance on how to fix this. There's a couple other characters I want to do just a few more outfits for, but I wanna be able to use them all if I'm gonna spend the time to do the pixel art. I'm still new to modding anything past XNB files, so I apologize if this comes across as clueless or has an easy fix. Thanks!

• coldazrael

Just a question about how this outdoor/indoor sprites work (or the expectation on how is this going to work in the future) . So.. Does the outdoor sprites worked like if a certain NPC comes out/in of the building then the sprite automatically changes? Or the outdoor sprites only loads when a certain NPC were on the off-day schedule/indoor sprites only loads when a certain npc were on working schedule?

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

Right now you have to pick which version you want to use in the config file - there's no indoor/outdoor token in Content Patcher(yet).

• redprincessofdawn

redprincessofdawn Void-Bound Voyager

Ohh I see, good to know. Thank you!

• Chill-T

Chill-T Phantasmal Quasar

Whup whup! I'm glad that more people are contributing their work on this mod. ^^ @Seyph Thank you for taking on the task of removing the bowlegs! I'm a fan of your Ragnarok Hats mod.

Glad you liked it. :D I didn't even think I could pull it off. Ah, and I missed the earrings in Emily's spring portrait, now added. ^^; And not to mention I'm enjoying the Spirit's Eve outfits so far! The gals are adorable. Maru's astronaut outfit takes the cake for best costume. :D (And now that I think about it, will Shane don a.. chicken costume? I think of the dumbest things but they make me laugh.)

@coldazrael Seasonal or not, I'll be working on the bear. ^^ Had it on the back of my head ever since I started the portraits. And I appreciate that you provided me a portrait base, I'm honored that you even mentioned me to work on it. Hopefully I'll succeed in DCBurger's style. (On the other hand, a.. bear anime? Oh, Japan.)

@paradigmnomad Where would we be without Pathoschild and the programming community? We're honestly nothing without you all. Thanks again for providing the community with amazing work. :rofl: And I hope the weather-based configs works like a charm.

I'll end this post by informing you all that I'll be unable to work on the portraits for a while. I might consider working on the final portraits for near-completed NPCs so they'll be implemented without trouble. Also, regarding the bear, I was inspired enough to pitch in an idea for a summer outfit for him. Just some pair of shades and maybe a bit of sunblock on its nose.

Edit: I've never been so amused at something so ridiculous I've made.
                                    Bear.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
                                      Tanpoponoko and coldazrael like this.
                                    • coldazrael

@Chill-T
                                      at the firsthand, I was set to use Kenai from Brother Bear, yet it turned to mess. It's just feel.. Odd.. o_O so I googled bear png, bear vector, stuff and until I just passed on something. Anime. So that sort of bear pops up, I'm glad that it makes the vanilla bear to be less creepier, I think. Just my nuisance is the bloody scarf that I can't remove :cry: fyi, I didn't make the expression just because out of fear it turns to be more creepy :V I think the bear looks even better with flat expression.

Ah great, sunglasses. I suppose that helps enough to make it more badass :D Still depends on the expression in the portraits, though :rofl:
                                      Well, how about a sombrero?

• Seyph

Dropbox - No Bowlegs version download

Hoo boy, it took a while, but I think all the no bowleg files are accounted for. Used the F-SV No Bowlegs mod as a guide/base so that everything looks more or less consistent. Let me know if I missed anything.

Everything is named exactly the same as before. Should include all the original spritesheets that didn't require a "no bowleg" edit, as well as the 3 empty folders (Caroline, George, Jas).

Found a few errors in some of the originals that I fixed up in the no bowlegs version.
                                        • Elliott Summer No Sus - 2nd sprite, arm missing pixel (row 1, column 2)
                                        • Emily Winter In+Out; Fall In - brown pixels replaced dark peach skin pixels on face
                                        • Marnie Winter Out - missing bangs pixel (row 1, column 2)
                                        • Marnie Winter In - missing ponytail pixels (row 3, column 4)
                                        • Emily Spirits Eve - extra hat near skirt (row 2, columns 1+2)
                                        • Missing sprites on some of Pam's and Penny's sheets for the new event
                                        @Tanpoponoko Btw, I noticed that in some of the bachelorettes spritesheets, they're wearing the special wedding dresses from the lolita spritesheets, instead of the default vanilla. Dunno if that's intentional or not, just thought I'd let you know. Also, I noticed there's no Maru luau sprite? Does she not show up at the beach that day? o: I seem to mod this game more than I play it, nowadays.

Edit: Seems like the only missing file is a duplicate for Clint's Egg Festival sheet (Egg_Festival vs EggFestival)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
                                        • Tanpoponoko

Thank you for pointing those out! I will fix them all when I get a chance!

I think some of the longevity wedding sprites got mixed up in the bunch since I was doing a bit of a Frankenstein job with some of the sprite sheets. I'll fix those soon when I create my own wedding attire set.

For Maru's Luau sprite, I've just been using the one from longevity too. I'm hoping some of the artists will get back to me soon so we can include the sprites in the official version of the mod.

Haha and I totally know what you mean. I spend way more time working on mods nowadays than actually playing the darn game!