RELEASED Seasonal Outfit Changes

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Tanpoponoko, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Chill-T

Chill-T Phantasmal Quasar

Ah, I completely understand! I'm actually occupied with studying as well. ^^; I'm graduating to apply for an art course.

I wish you all the luck on the grad school exams, and on the new semester as well. And you can take it easy on the updates here, I certainly don't mind a slower pace. ^^ (On the other hand, the Luau portraits are going to be.. interesting to work with. :up:)

You are correct. :D Though, if I'm right, when it comes to Abigail, Penny, Maru, Marnie, and Linus, their default is entirely removed. Harvey's looking pretty good in your style.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    • Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

you are correct on linus and marnie, i don't see abigail or penny enough to know about them and half my maru interactions are her nurse uniform :rofl: but i did more mean their front-page stuff

(btw, thankyou on harvey, who is your favorite female npc? i should probably mix up the genders some, oops)

• envylover

envylover Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I use Chill-T's seasonal DCBurger portraits and it show like this somebody know how to fix it?

[​IMG]

• Chill-T

@Zosa

Ah, I see. Looks like I misread it, whups. :D As for my favorite female npc, that's a little difficult to answer.. But I have a soft spot for Emily and Maru. Ah, and mixing up some of the genders would be interesting! It'll be difficult, but I'll be rooting for you. ^^

..Is it strange of me to say I haven't tried out my own portrait mod?

I've looked into it and completely overlooked a huge factor: the high-res portraits were specifically made for Portraiture. Without it, the images are in their actual size. I don't know why this didn't occur to me sooner, as obvious as it was. I swore that it worked before, but I might've had Portraiture on while testing. :( Looks like I've have to think this over closely.

@envylover I suggest you stick with Portraiture and PyTK in meantime if you still want to use the portraits. I'm so sorry for the mistake, and thank you for trying out them out. ^^

I'll be waiting for Tanpoponoko to ask if it works on her side. It'll be farfetched for Portraiture to be configured to include a seasonal command, but I'll still ask Platonymous.

• coldazrael

coldazrael Existential Complex

Wait, so the seasonal version of DCBurger's portrait was already released? o_O
            I thought all those portraits behind were just development reports :/

• Chill-T

Not checking the first page every now and then, eh? :D Kidding. Well, you aren't entirely wrong, they're progress reports and also assets for Tanpoponoko to add. Though now I feel like I'm more trouble than what's worth. ^^;

Feel free to try the mod out, it's on the front page. But all you'll see is everyone's seasonal hair in this.. epic fail state of mine.

• coldazrael

You mean that CP version of it? I've downloaded it and only gave a peek inside. Well, perhaps it's just my point of view is the matter o_O I didn't consider that CP version as official release because.. obviously it's not going to work right? :/ Since as far as I know, DCBurger's mod requires portraiture no matter what, unless content patcher had the same feature as portraiture.

• Chill-T

Honestly, it was my mistake. ^^; I'm well aware that DCBurger's portraits required Portraiture, I've used it before.

So when I returned to Stardew Valley just a month back, with this new Content Patcher mod coming in, and everything being updated for beta.. I guess at some point I thought the portraits would work with Content Patcher alone. Specifically, when I was doing a test run. I didn't remove Portraiture when I was supposed to test the portraits without it, and it made me assume Portraiture wasn't.. well, needed. I know, I'm a mess.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
                  • coldazrael

Um so.. You're not stopping the development, right? o_O I mean.. well.. There are always another way, right?

• sashuka

sashuka Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love your mod! <3

But can u make version with Brown Vincent? where he is lil bit thiner and have brown hair

• Chill-T

Nah, I won't. Gotta finish what I started. It's made for Portraiture, so I can just create folders needed for each season, including rain weather. It won't be fun to switch every time, but at least we can use it. :D

My next move is pretty much a response from Platonymous on whether a seasonal command can be added and if I can request it, but it's pretty farfetched in my eyes still.

• coldazrael

Or... You could ask patho to have the Content Patcher be able to patch not just from content folder, but mods folder as well :D

• Chill-T

..Wait, really? I mean if it's alright, then, I'll contact his page. :D Thanks for giving me some direction, coldazrael.

• coldazrael

Actually I was about to make that request on his thread but I'm not sure somehow xD I'll just post it to the thread then.
                              And don't be hasty now, I'm pretty positive that patho might be able to add that feature. Surely you don't forget about the outdoor/indoor conditions right? CP doesn't support it :/ As for this one, patho might be able to implement it. But I'm not kinda sure, this indoor/outdoor feature must be harder than adding more folder destinations.

• Chill-T

Don't worry, I wasn't going to contact him immediately. :D There were a lot of things to keep in mind, as you said, and I haven't really found the words to explain this problem. Especially the indoor/outdoor conditions— with location detection not supported yet, I was pretty hesitant on what to do. ^^;

Thanks for handling the request. ^^ Man, you're saving me here. I can be a bit of a dunce. With that said, all hail the programming wizards! God knows what they do with their magic.

• coldazrael

Too bad I've already posted the request :D
                                  Since that indoor/outdoor sprites doesn't really do much.. You could just make it into variant sprite right? I mean the outdoor sprite still looks okay when used not during raining and vise versa. So the point is, there is not much need for the indoor/outdoor conditions.

Just don't set all the bachelorettes constantly in luau outfit anytime :megusta:

• Chill-T

Well yeah, the indoor/outdoor is for diversity and life, but I can live without it. I'm pretty stuck here anyway. :D I don't mind about skipping the whether conditions since it's already too much work on Pathoschild. I'm happy if anything can be done for the portraits if possible.

D-darn. :disshappy: You said it, not me. But they don't mind the winter, really.

• coldazrael

I know, but at least that indoor/outdoor conditions should be less prioritised. Since It might took the longest time to be implemented.

Diversity eh? Then why not make the Luau portraits to be more... diverse? :disshappy:

• Chill-T

*chokes on tea*

On the other hand, I can finally give equal fan-service for the people waiting on the bachelors. :up:

Oh, and I was supposed to preview a wip of Emily's fall portrait today, but I don't have access to my laptop at this time. :D For now I'll tuck in for the night.

If you really insist on the Luau, there is Haley's beach portrait in her folder. :D

• paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

On vacation but I felt the need to log in and reply to this:

Pathos plans on adding location detection support at some point to ContentPatcher but it’s difficult since the locations aren’t named IIRC. So it can’t just check for ‘town’ or ‘beach’. Hence why there is indoor/outdoor config. I am toying with the idea of replacing it with a weather condition to remove the config options.

For the HD portraits they’ll need scaled down to the normal size to work properly with Content Patcher. I didn’t code the WIP that includes them on the front page as I’m waiting for dynamic tokens to be implemented.