RELEASED Seasonal Outfit Changes

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Tanpoponoko, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Chill-T

Chill-T Phantasmal Quasar

Hey, I have some bad news. ^^; For the past week my drawing tablet is malfunctioning for some reason, and I think it's due to my laptop. Which is quite frustrating since I'm itching to make the portraits. I'll have to figure out the problem and reinstall Clip Studio until I can actually make progress. To those waiting for an update from me in the past week, least you'll know now why I've gone silent suddenly.

In the meantime, here's a work in progress of Robin's winter portrait that I managed to do work on. I'll have to adjust the tartan patterns more afterwards. Screenshot (1861).png

On a side note, I found a handful of seasonal portraits from an author from Naver. Seem like an amalgamation of different works, but I just thought I'd let you know. https://m.blog.naver.com/dndidu/221314384716

(And I can't resist this, but I have to gush on about the Spirit's Eve outfits- I love plague doctor outfits, so seeing you actually pull it off on Harvey really got me jumpy and excited. :DD Excellent work, @Tanpoponoko !)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    • Chill-T

I agree on the flat expression, definitely better, though I was also tempted on giving it pupils to keep the creep factor. :D Maybe I can move the sunglasses up to its ears instead? The sombrero sounds pretty hilarious too, hm.. *strokes imaginary beard*

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
      • paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Those are cute! But there's no DL link and I'm not sure if I'd want to include the ones that are extremely different (ex. Linus).

Unless you can find a DL link on the page.

• paradigmnomad

I now have access to the Content Patcher 1.5-beta. I'm going to begin work on implementing dynamic tokens. Not sure when 1.5 will officially release but once it does I'll be updating the main file.

Chill-T and Tanpoponoko like this.
          • Seyph

Seyph Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Fixed a mistake I made when converting Shane's Outdoor Rain. Overlooked a few hair pixels sticking out of his hood. Also added the guys' new Spirit's Eve sprites to the folder.

• Tanpoponoko

Tanpoponoko Big Damn Hero

Adore the winter robin portrait!!! So great!!

All mistakes pointed out previously are now fixed! :)

• paradigmnomad

I know it's probably a lot of work but with the exception of event specific sprites (ex. Haley taking pictures and Robin working out) I think the festival sprites should include more than just the sprites used at the festival.

The file I'm testing on is married to Harvey he's alright until I kiss him or he starts moving. Then his sprite changes.

• Tanpoponoko

Ah, I'd forgotten that people might be out and about before/after the festival. From now on, I'll add them all. Once I finish the whole set of spirit's eve and winter star sets, I'll go back and add the rest of the movements for the previous ones.

paradigmnomad likes this.
                  • Chill-T

I just wanted to notify that some portrait edits were made, although I didn't realize the download link wasn't there.. Sorry about that.

On the other hand, I think I managed a workaround fix for the laptop. I'll get back to the portraits in a few days or sooner.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
                      Tanpoponoko likes this.
                    • envylover

envylover Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can I request config that turn on/off some characters?

I use some gender bender and re texture characters and it conflict with this mod.

Thank!

• Tanpoponoko

If you just erase the folder in assets (in both 'Characters' and 'Portraits') with the characters you don't want, they won't appear in game. Content patcher will just ignore them, saying there's no file to go along with the code.

Medicell and Darkcedars like this.
                        • Chill-T

Hey, sorry for the delay. The typhoon's been keeping me busy with the house flooding, but it's all good here.
                          On the other hand, I've finished Robin and Demetrius' final portraits! It wasn't easy as I expected. :D

For now, here's a little preview on the next NPC I'm working on. Screenshot (1904).png

Attached Files:

• paradigmnomad

I’ll nab this DL later and add it to the 1.5 version! I’ll probably post a preview later tonight for people to test who have access to the 1.5-beta

Edit: 1.5 is out of beta but still requires you to be on the beta branch of SDV. I fell asleep extremely early last night so didn't get to post this. But I'll work on scaling down the portraits and then uploading a test version tonight.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
                              Chill-T likes this.
                            • paradigmnomad

See new post below with an updated beta

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
                                ReinTorque likes this.
                              • paradigmnomad

Since some people have mentioned it, I'm quickly adding the cow-event photos for Haley.

Attached Files:

Chill-T, Medicell and HopeWasHere like this.
                                • Seyph

Heyo, dropping in to post some Spirit's Eve portraits :v Turning the Queen Bee into Princess Frills was equally fun and annoying

@Tanpoponoko Noticed that Abigail had what seemed to be some orange earrings in her Spirit's Eve sprite. Out of curiosity, what did you have in mind for them?

Attached Files:

• paradigmnomad

Here is a 1.1.0-beta.2 version of this mod which includes some content that won't be included in the final release due to permissions issues. I'll remove all beta downloads when the official one is released. For now, I don't wanna have to worry about which files need commented out etc. so break this version, have fun, send me any SMAPI logs.

1.1.0-beta.2 Requires SDV 1.3.30, SMAPI 2.8, and CP 1.5

Adds the portraits posted above by Seyph.

Known Issues:
                                    • Haley 'Stamdard' instead of 'Standard'
                                    • DCBurger Elliott: {RainSeasonalVariant}} instead of {{RainSeasonalVariant}}
                                    • DCBurger Elliott: Summer_Indoor_NoSuspenders missing?? <- File is there but SMAPI says it isn't. Could be related to another bug

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
                                      Chill-T, Medicell and HopeWasHere like this.
                                    • Seyph

you can either use [ s ] and [ /s ], or click the Insert button to the left of the floppy disk Draft button

paradigmnomad likes this.
                                      • Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

sorry i have been away, i wasn't well for a while

• Chill-T

This took me way longer than I would've wanted, but in any case, Goku's long lost brother.. Sam Goki, is happily off the to-do list. ^^ Frankly, these don't look quite good in my eyes, but I think I did well enough. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a-wrUGrodhtf6WX9aABSbX55h2wStrKn/view?usp=sharing
                                          sam.png

I realized now that there are only ten NPCs to go- the actual number is eight, if I could get Gus' and Alex's darn winter portraits finished. ^^;;;
                                          Speaking of that, mind if I ask you something again, @Tanpoponoko ? I've actually been working on Alex's winter portrait for a long while, but I just wasn't certain of how the wool should look. Are either of these close? I was also confused on whether the jacket was open or closed. ^^; Thanks in advance for answering.
                                          Screenshot (1947).png Screenshot (1948).png

(Side note: I'm awed at Seyph's sprite work for the Spirit's Eve portraits. They look natural, as if they were actually part of the game. :rofl: It's fantastic work!