Tool searching for a tool to:

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by rpg4e, Apr 25, 2016.

1. rpg4e

rpg4e Phantasmal Quasar

Hi guys, as i can see you're pretty able to create nice tools for modding.
    I really got no idea how this would be done, but now i started to debug & optimizing available mods to help the authors.

I have found that many modifications to bring their own furniture, for example, or they already exist. However, but they do have the same look but mostly different prices so they can't get stacked and it takes me too long to all this search and adjust by hand. Sometimes they are also in the wrong category, that is they are for example, storage space, but are in the category Furniture.

Furthermore, I am looking for a tool which scans all Item-weapons-armor-Biome-categories, and so on and shows me into categories, so you edit the properties and can create, for example, not yet existing blueprints or recipes for this or make it scan-able for the ships 3d-printer. All this of course with filters to all possible.

Do you know a tool like this or could eventually creat one???
    I can imagine that there are one or the other modders here who would also appreciate such a tool very: D

sorry for my bad english, I haven't spoken english for a long time....

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

No such tool exists.

3. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

While no such tools exists, i did start to work on one at one point but promptly decided to cancel it. I speak form experience when i say that this would require some MAJOR WORK and HUGE AMOUNT OF TIME to create such thing.
    In my opinion it is probably a better idea to sick to using ye good ol' text editor and pretty much rebind all the starbound file types to open with a JSON/JavaScript color coder. The community isn't big enough to make such project "worth it".

4. rpg4e

rpg4e Phantasmal Quasar

That's what i thought... but thx to try