Digital SDV Fan Comic "Stardropped"

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by Anushka.C, May 3, 2016.

?

Should I do one comic per week?

1. Yes!

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  2. Yes! But don't stress yourself.

25 vote(s)
    59.5%
  3. Whatever time suits you.

12 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

i just realized.... is this comic read from right to left? I don't think I realized that earlier. OTL

But really nice comic as always <3 it is getting easier for me to read and the content itself is very cute so far!

• Anushka.C

Anushka.C Guest

:rofl:D ah, alright,

• Anushka.C

Anushka.C Guest

Ahhh omg sorry for the late reply-
        Well the panels go from left to right but sometimes the dialogue is from right to left, since she was on the right side, etc. (//again sorry, I had to be off my phone and studying ahaha- my mom is serious about this ;-;

MagicallyClueless likes this.
        • Risukage

Risukage Giant Laser Beams

This is cute! I'm really getting a watercolor-marker hybrid feel off of it, and that's quite fun and unique. Sorta lends a dreamy but energetic feel to it, upbeat even. And take your time posting! Quality over quantity. Just sayin', from someone who finally finished getting all of her certifications and degrees (...for now...). Study hard and make your schoolwork pay off so you have the time and money later to do the FUN stuff. :)

...So THIS is what my degrees allow me to do. Write rubbish fanfiction of video game characters. What am I doing with my life? :p

• Anushka.C

Anushka.C Guest

I have all A's except for science because she grades on not what's right or wrong but on what you show- and on a 4 point scale.
            //bangs head against wall//

But really thanks! Though this comic has some plans for darker themes, because why not-

• Gabaw

Gabaw Spaceman Spiff

Not trying to seed your mind with ungodly violence but maybe someone gets punched? Just a thought :rofl:

• Anushka.C

Anushka.C Guest

LOL
                Mayyybeee

Gabaw likes this.
                • Anushka.C

Anushka.C Guest

Quick update because finals hxhsksvz

Gabaw and MagicallyClueless like this.
                  • Anushka.C

Anushka.C Guest

Woo! Sorry for the late update, finals this week! But Stardropped has a new page.

I'll upload the file both here and on the page for convenience/preference

eth.png

Again really sorry! But grades come first.

• Gabaw

Gabaw Spaceman Spiff

"holy sh<3t" 10/10 lmao!

• Risukage

See, stuff like this is why I love visual media as a storytelling device. Words sometimes just can't convey the same amount of "fffffffffuuuuu" that a single panel can!

Gabaw likes this.
                        • Anushka.C

Anushka.C Guest

xD Anushka's heart was broken ten sizes that day.

Gabaw likes this.
                          • Anushka.C

Anushka.C Guest

The amount of 'fffffffuuuuuuu' is making her regret moving ahaha,

Gabaw likes this.
                            • yokimoninoka

yokimoninoka Prypiat

HUAHUWIHWOHAOUWOWAH OWUAH OWUWOOUUWAOHOWHOuAOHSg OMG

i havent been adventuring in the forums lately but OHMIGOSSSHHHH
                              I really really REALLY like the coloring. Usually its hard for me to mix and match different colors up like you do, but it really REALLY makes it look cool
                              it can be overwhelming because of the line work, you have like sketchy line work (WHICH IS OKAY I HATE OUTLINING TBH)
                              but i think you improved a lot with the last update (im not sure which one is which but WHATEVER)
                              Q^Q im super jelly of your coloring like no joke

Another problem i have is like, sometimes your overall direction of the panels is from right to left, then in the panels the communication is left to right.
                              (i've read my far share of manga and comics so i mean i understand how this would be difficult, and a lot of the time i draw out my sketches backwards :( and i have to correct it when i do it digitally crying)
                              but an easy way to fix that is just try to plan it out before hand.

Overgrowth is really really organized and REALLY GOOD WITH THE COLORING AND OUTLINING IM SUPER JELLY

(im sorry for the critique, i just want to help you improve <3)
                              (but i really really love your style and the comic - its super cute but theres no real drama yet >3> but i know that takes BUILD UP SO ITS OKAY >:] )

Risukage likes this.
                              • Anushka.C

Anushka.C Guest

Ahaha, thanks, I'm trying to plan it out but finals made me have to just explode and die, as I'm reading this I just finished exams and tomorrow is the last day WOO I'll finally be able to spend tons of time reading and planning out this comic. Sorry about the outlines though oh gosh-
                                I'm basically blind so I'm making everyone else have terrible eyes mwhahaha-
                                But thanks so much, I'm just happy that people actually look at this. //btw my lines are much cleaner when doing full art and working hard but I'm usually a lazy potato... who eats plums

• yokimoninoka

yokimoninoka Prypiat

sameeeee! lmao

• Anushka.C

Anushka.C Guest

I have found a plum buddy 0 30

• Risukage

Heh. I got my eyes lasered a couple of years back, so I can actually SEE what you're trying to hurt my eyes with, so YAY, I'm still happy. And your lines are fine, it looks eclectic. You could probably stick a paintbrush between your arsecheeks and draw a better pic than I can with my hands, so you're way ahead of me. :D

And I like plums, too. Liquid plums! ...Fermented liquid plums... Okay, grapes, really, they're like small plums, yeah? :-\

Gabaw likes this.
                                      • Anushka.C

Anushka.C Guest

0-0
                                        I actually was like "Wait what?" When you talked about the paintbrush lmao

But grapes are great and goooooooddddd

Gabaw likes this.
                                        • Anushka.C

Anushka.C Guest

20160526_185300.jpg
                                          This bed is better than me tbh

Attached Files: