RELEASED [SDV 1.0.7]Stardew Valley Expanded Patch. 1.0.0: The Carpenter Update

Discussion in 'Modding Tools' started by zipy199522, Jul 7, 2016.

1. zipy199522

zipy199522 Pangalactic Porcupine

Hello there and welcome to the
    Stardew Valley Patch Project!
    A home for the patches for Stardew Valley that allow more features.

Some of the most notable features include:

-Furniture being placed *anywhere* and saved/loaded without breaking the serializer.
    -Robin Sells all blueprints from all .xnb files located at Content\Data\Blueprints\
    -You will actually need to make the Content\Data\Blueprints folder if you want Robin to sell user-created buildings and put the respective .xnb files in there for them to appear.
    -Different ways for modders to call the Carpenter Menu so that modders can sells certain buildings.

...and more to come!

*Note that some restrictions do apply. Furniture can't be placed in water/on dogs/on your spouse/in walls, etc.

Current update: The Carpenter Update 1.0.0

Notable Changes:
    -First Official Release!
    -Robin sells all blueprint buildings located at Content\Data\Blueprints\*.xnb
    -Furniture can be placed anywhere and doesn't break the serializer.

Make sure to back up your Stardew Valley.exe and Stardew Valley saves!

Download at Nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/480/?

A full Change log can be found here:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IPyBPttLmAlm_r70OMqdJhQmei9KPMXb3JQJC2fX6UU/edit?usp=sharing

Source Code Here: https://github.com/janavarro95/Stardew-Valley-Patch-Project

Applying the patches.
    Source Code Patch: This is if you want to work with my modified SDV code for your own purposes.

1.Decompile SDV using ILSPY. You must own a copy of Stardew Valley.exe. I do not support piracy and will not be held responsible if you do something illegal.

2.Download Scarab 0.0.2 from here. https://sourceforge.net/projects/scarabdiff/?source=typ_redirect

3.Back-up your decompiled source code folder just incase.

4.Open up a command window and run. patcher (Path to your decompiled Stardew Valley Source Code Folder) < source_code patch x.x.x.zip This will apply the patches to the sorce code.cs files. 5.Open up your decompiled Stardew Valley in VS and enjoy!

*Note: You will might need to include Lidgren.Network.xna as a reference. That is included in this repository.

Game Patch: If you just want to play the game with my functionality.
    1.Back up your original Stardew Valley.exe

2.Download Game Patch folder.

3.Open up the folder that is the most recent x.x.x version.

4.Drag and drop the original Stardew Valley.exe onto apply_patch_windows_alternative.bat You should now have a Stardew Valley.exe with no icon.

5.Drag the new Stardew Valley.exe into the folder where the old one originally was and overwrite it.

6.Run the custom Stardew Valley.exe If your Anti-virus goes off know that this is because it is a false positive. I promise I wouldn't give out malicious code since I've had my fair share of issues with malware.

7. Enjoy!

*Note that this game patch is also compatible with SMAPI. If you build mods off of some of the new functionality just know that you run a risk that those mods might not work one day due to the game being updated and this project not being worked on. However for the moment feel free to take advantage of some of the new feature.

Q & A
    Q:Will there be more updates?

A:As versions go on the likelihood decreases as I slowly will complete all of my tasks for updating this game. Early on though, most likely.

Q:Will I support future updates to Stardew Valley?

A:Maybe. It depends on how much time I have.

Q:Will I support the Mac/Linux versions?

A:Also a maybe. Depends if the code fundamentally changes or not. If it doesn't then making patches will be easy. Else it would be too time consuming, and this really is more of a hobby.

Q:Will you support other languages/translate the game/update this patch to support other languages?

A:As much as I would love to make sure that everyone can enjoy my patch, the issues is that I only know English, and trying to keep up with every version to be WAY too time consuming. If anyone who is a native speaker to a non-english language wants to use my patches and create non-english versions of the patches, feel free!

Q:Can I use your source code to make my own version of Stardew Valley?
    A:Sure, feel free! Just make sure you own a legitamate copy and give credit for the ground work.

Disclaimers:
    I own a legitimate copy of Stardew Valley on Steam. This is 100% a fan patch and is no way affiliated with ConcernedApe. All rights to Stardew Valley belong to ConcernedApe and I greatly enjoy his work. Should I ever be contacted by ConcernedApe to remove the Stardew Valley Patch Project I will as to avoid any sort of legal issues.
    I as zippy199522/Alpha_Omegasis take absolutely no legal responsibility for anyone who decides to redistribute any of my work. Redistributing Stardew Valley in any for such as original/edited/source_code/executable is heavily discouraged against and doing so may net you in some form of trouble. Please take care not do do anything that could get you in trouble. I devised my patch system in such a way that people needed the original files in order to get this to work and to avoid out right piracy. Simply put, be smart and be safe.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    • Dozy

Dozy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey there!

I was really excited to try out this patch, but I have not been able to get it to work after multiple attempts. I've been trying all kinds of methods to get the patch to work, but have not had success. I finally got a screenshot of the error as it comes up through command prompt. I was trying the method of copying the Stardew Valley.exe file into the 1.0.0 folder and then running the apply_patch_windows script.
      ------------------------

Attempting to patch 'Stardew Valley.exe'
      *following text in red*
      Start-Process : This command cannot be executed due to the error: The requested operation requires elevation.
      At C:\User\Myname|Desktop\B\1.0.0\subscript1.ps1:78 char:18
      + Start-Process <<<< -FilePath "$global:app" -ArgumentList"-d -f -s '"$gl
      obal:sourcefiletmp'" '"$global:changes'" '"$global:targetfiletmp'""-NoNewWindo
      w -Wait
      + CategoryInfo : Invalidoperation: :)) [Start-Process]. InvalidOp
      erationException
      +FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvalidOperationException Microsoft Powershell.C
      ommands.StartProcessCommand

Done.

--------------------

I've probably messed up the formatting on some of the above, but the window is only at half opacity since I took the screenshot as cmd.exe was up for a second. I also wrote included the line breaks as they showed up, although I doubt that was necessary.

I really don't know much about the programming side of things, so any help or feedback to get the patch working would be greatly appreciated!

• zipy199522

Yea that script doesn't work for me. It's easiest if you attempt to drag and drop your Stardew Valley.exe onto apply_patch_windows_ALTERNATIVE.bat. I'm not 100% sure why the main one wouldn't work, but I'll see if I can look into it once i get back from my travels this weekend.

• Dozy

Dozy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for the response!
          Yeah, I've tried all the methods you include in the text document within the file and couldn't get any to work :/

• zipy199522

Alrighty, in that case download YAXBPC which is the program I use to make the game patches. The link for that is here and there should be an option to apply the patches called changes.vcdiff. The program will explain the nitty gritty for how to apply the patches. https://sourceforge.net/projects/yaxbpc/.

Hopefully this works, and let me know if it does or doesn't!

Dozy likes this.
            • harharhops

harharhops Orbital Explorer

Pointing out this piece on particular: The requested operation requires elevation.

Are you running the script as an administrator?

Dozy likes this.
              • Dozy

Dozy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for the response :)

I am trying to figure this out how to do that, since (apparently?) batch files cannot have their properties changed to "Run as Administrator". Still trying to go through the command prompt process, but have gotten the message that the file is being used by another program and cannot be accessed (or something similar), as well as other issues.
                --- Post updated ---
                Just saw this conversation on the Nexus page for the mod:

So, I think I will wait for the next update :)