1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Screenshot Quality Trouble

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by bconlon, Jun 12, 2017.

1. bconlon

bconlon Subatomic Cosmonaut

(I don't know if this counts as a game bug or issue because I don't really know if the computer is the cause or the game.)

Awhile back I made a similar post but I have decided to make a new one as the old one was just that, an old one that I tried to revive for more help. So basically my problem is that whenever I take a screenshot of Starbound, through the steam screenshot method or other methods like Windows 10 Snipping Tool, it gives be a noisy pixel quality. This however was not the case awhile ago, before I was able to take screenshots that had the visible quality of Starbound. Now the pixels of the screenshots have pixels, and not the kind I can size down to get the screenshot to a good quality. I want to use screenshots for a potential sprite comic but can't if the screenshot's pixel quality is like it is now. Any knowledge of how to fix this? Or what might've caused the quality to go down?

(The hylotl picture is an example of how the before pictures looked, the novakid picture is an example of how the pictures now look.)
    (EDIT: To see the photo quality an editing program is probably needed.)
    (EDIT 2: I've tried readjusting the computer screen quality but that didn't help.)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  2. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

That's compression artifacts. Don't save in JPG, use either PNG or GIF. And Steam always uses JPG for screenshots, by the way.

bconlon likes this.
  3. bconlon

bconlon Subatomic Cosmonaut

Okay I will test that out now.

EDIT: It works! Thanks for the help.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017