1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Science [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Outdated Mods' started by I Said No, Jan 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoidSeeker

VoidSeeker Master Chief

Idea of orbital scanner for Starbound is not new. In outdated mods section you can find planetary scanner developed as standalone application for previous versions of Starbound (koala). As i read, developer of that mapper planned to implement scanner as Starbound mod, but i heard nothing about developing process.

2. I Said No

I Said No Cosmic Narwhal

I uh. That's a bit beyond my ability thus far, and I don't think the API supports it currently. Even if it did, you've got the logistical issue of the fact you'd have to load every chunk on the planet to be able to build a map of everything on it, which would be very resource-intensive - plus it would only work on planets you've already been to.

VoidSeeker likes this.
  3. KridOCaign

KridOCaign Void-Bound Voyager

Isn't most information about a planet worked out when you view it on the star map? Not specific block placements, obviously, but what kinds of things will be on the planet?

4. I Said No

I Said No Cosmic Narwhal

Not really. Planets are generated based on a set of variables, but the generation itself is randomized. You can generally tell a forest planet is going to have a lot of rock and cobblestone and have a vague idea of what you MAY encounter there, but that's because it's in the file that's fed to the generator - the descriptions your ship's nav computer gives you from orbit basically draws on the same set of info to tell you what's there.

5. DarkerCloud

DarkerCloud Big Damn Hero

If you still have this question, Your mod is included in a popular modpack. I love your mod by the way.

6. KridOCaign

Could you increase the Sifter's output storage to 48? Right now it can't get through an entire stack without stalling-out from not having enough free slots.

VoidSeeker likes this.
  7. Zaygh

Zaygh Big Damn Hero

Any help as to what the subwave radio station does?

8. I Said No

I Said No Cosmic Narwhal

Oh right. While it's powered you cycle frequencies by interacting with it while holding the paint tool or the wire tool. Once you've set one, interact with it without holding either of those and it'll open a vendor.

9. Zaygh

Zaygh Big Damn Hero

Sweet! One more thing, with the biology stuff, one of the crafting tables says i require three objects, what are they?

10. I Said No

I Said No Cosmic Narwhal

You're likely talking about the DNA Analyser. You need three DNA items gotten from the DNA Extractor - one green quality, one blue and one purple. Find combinations of these to unlock new stuff.

11. wolfboyft

wolfboyft Pangalactic Porcupine

This mod is incredible. However, I was a bit disappointed with the biology stuff... I was hoping to be able to create my own mob!

You don't think that could be added somehow with another biology machine? The 'DNA Creator', or something? Anyway, it would simply just be a machine with a GUI in which you select all the parts of the monster (modded parts included) (not 100% sure how the randomly generated beasts come together, though - i.e. I don't know how many parts each one has), its attributes - i.e. passive , neutral or aggressive etc. To higher its stats, you'd need to add things like flesh strands etc.

When finished with the DNA creator, you would get a codex of that mob's combination (maybe a dynamic codex would be difficult to make. How about a blueprint item of sorts?) and two filled creature capture pods of that mob, too. Create a 'Creature Breeder', out of 10 Titanium Bars, and 4 Slime Blocks (meant to be a warm coating while breeding or something) and place the two pods within the two slots. If you send a logic signal while two filled pods of the same creature (both must always be post-evolved), you will find that there is another filled capture pod in a third slot. It would contain a pre-evolved version of that mob type.

Just a suggestion.

-wolfboyft

12. I Said No

I Said No Cosmic Narwhal

I have actually experimented with mob creation and tried to make "summons" for want of a better word a thing you can have. It didn't really go well though, I couldn't get them to be modular enough for my liking and they refused to recognize the player as friendly.

13. wolfboyft

wolfboyft Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh... damn. Hmm...

14. KridOCaign

Is it possible for mods to store data? I don't see anything about that, well, anywhere.
    If you can, then it should be possible to auto-generate notes on a planet once somebody lands on it, based on what is generated.

Edit: Nope. The API doesn't allow it, so I suggested it.

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  15. DarkerCloud

DarkerCloud Big Damn Hero

how do i use the plant solution? Also is your mod adding techs?

16. I Said No

I Said No Cosmic Narwhal

1) Put it in the fertilizer slot of hydroponics trays.
    2) Yes.

17. jaredgallon

jaredgallon Aquatic Astronaut

uh...how do I acquire sulfer? I cant seem to find it anywhere

18. RavenDust

RavenDust Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Try the sifter. If you put in sand, it spits out quite a bit of sulphur. I didn't try other stuff though... Might be moon dust has more of it.

19. KridOCaign

I checked the code, and everything it accepts is treated exactly the same.

Although It shouldn't. You shouldn't get leaves, plant fiber, or other nominally-living materials from moon dust. Because moon.

20. Lux the tiger

Lux the tiger Void-Bound Voyager

wtf is lead for?
    :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.