1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Scanning for Router error?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Kobalstromo, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Kobalstromo

Kobalstromo Void-Bound Voyager

Server set up runs fine till I get to these Two lines:

Info: Server version 'Beta v. Perturbed Koala' '615' '418'
    Info: Scanning for router for portforwarding

Then it just stops and does nothing. It wont start the server! ;~; I've tried everything, My ports are open, firewall dealt with, Is anyone else having this issue? Did you get past it?

2. kavex

kavex Space Penguin Leader

Have your tired leaving it alone for 5-10 mins

3. Syntax42

Syntax42 Pangalactic Porcupine

What happens if you change "upnpPortForwarding" to false in the server.config file?

4. Kobalstromo

Testing suggestions now, will report with findings.

5. Kobalstromo

Is where it stops now.

Apparently it makes the server, then immediately shuts it down, which is why I can't connect.

6. AznKid

AznKid Aquatic Astronaut

Same problem here :/

7. Kobalstromo

Bamp for great justice, Hopefully we can get a dev post. I have friends I wanna play with darnit! :p

Edit:
    Seems to be running whatever "UniverseServer::run.innerloop millis:" Is, even after the world was shut down? This is really aggrevating, been at this for hours now. T~T

8. Syntax42

Syntax42 Pangalactic Porcupine

Shutting down worlds is normal. It just means the server stops processing changes for a planet. When the server reaches the innerloop, it is running and you can connect. Did you try connecting?

9. FrenchTart

FrenchTart Subatomic Cosmonaut

What system are you running this on (OS, hardware, network connection)?