1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED SBTileD [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Other' started by Monijir, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

I am trying to get this working, but I can't seem to get it to show tile images. Running out of Nightly (Glad Giraffe).

2. Monijir

Monijir Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There should be a shortcut in the Starbound/tiled/ folder called packed and it should take you to Starbound/tiled/tilesets/images/ . I was worried that it wasn't going to work in windows, and I bet that's it.

That's a problem that can show up in different contexts. I think TileD 14.2 might be the minimum for getting this to work. Do you mean any or all tile images? Is this while opening a map or adding a new one?

My best recommendation for this is to open up the tile set in a text editor and search for "image" : That's the JSON attribute which points out the path to reach the image file. You can use CTRL + H to modify the path on all the tiles simultaneously or rearrange the files so the existing path works.

3. Pixelguru26

Pixelguru26 Pangalactic Porcupine

I can't seem to unpack the file; every time I try, I get an error message "Windows cannot open the folder. The compressed (zipped) folder '~\Downloads\SBTileD045.zip' is invalid." I have tried redownloading, it still fails. Anybody know what's up with that? Am I being obtuse or is it just weird?

4. Monijir

I compressed it as a .7z file but named it .zip so I could upload it here. IDK if windows supports 7z by default but this should do it. This won't be an issue once I have off site hosting going.[DOUBLEPOST=1449026033][/DOUBLEPOST]Especially because the workaround I was using to keep it compatible with Glad Giraffe and Pleased Giraffe apparently doesn't work on windows. If you're running Glad Giraffe you'll have to copy paste the tiled/tilesets/images folder into tiled/ and rename it 'packed'... SBTileD V 0.55 should go up tonight and have that set up by default.

5. Monijir

Monijir updated SBTileD with a new update entry:

Git hub + Windows fixes

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. Monijir

This is what it means to add a property called parameters >

propertyparameters.jpeg

These are the properties you'll want on your farmables to keep them from spawning as seeds. Adapted to the glitch village dungeon definition, still untested though.

7. Mackinz

Working with Monijir to make a building in Tiled has been an experience. Now, I am looking into ways to paint a structure's blocks. If anyone has idea on how to do so, please do not be shy.

8. Monijir

For some reason Microdungeons have a limited size, not sure where the line is but a 50x100 map won't do the job. It doesn't kick back any sort of debug message or error either, just sort of gets ignored. I had to split this one and use connectors to get it going. I'd really like to know if that limit could be adjusted somehow.

Click for embiggening

Screenshot from 2015-12-02 03:46:25.png

9. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

A project has come to mind involving dungeons, so I will be devoting some time to working with Tiled. Ill help with improvements however, if at all, I can.

10. Mackinz

Think you could send me the files for this, Monijir?

11. Monijir

That'd be great. I didn't get much clear feedback until last night. My lack of windows / mac experience is a real handicap to the whole enterprise. Just don't be too honest about my lua script.

I can send it to you. I may have to manually adjust some paths. It should be good to go after that.

12. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Allow me to introduce you to me PHP coding. I KNOW I am doing a bad job, I just don't know how to do better. :rofl:

Monijir likes this.
  13. Monijir

A heads up to anyone who hasn't heard. They've got tiled support built in on the new update. So like it says on the front page of this mod ; I recommend you remove your tiled folder before installing the update, or removing it then re-installing the update. For instructions on the latter of those check this mod's front page.

14. Monijir

Absolutely Critical Fix For Second Unstable Update.

15. Pixelguru26

Pixelguru26 Pangalactic Porcupine

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks. As for the windows stuff; I'm running windows 7. Pleased giraffe works fine (so long as you get the required other stuff, included when the update came out) and 7z files are not supported by default, but pretty much anyone who does windows has 7zip, so it might as well be.

16. Monijir

Sorry about that, it was super inconvenient, but it took me a while to learn how to use Github (the night before they started including all this by default).

17. Monijir

Here's another example of an in-game to micro dungeon build. Complete with debug output in the terminal and the original reference. Thanks to Mackinz for the source. It was a 55 minute process, from getting the source image to playing it in game. Huge props to Chucklefish for the improvements to the engine - Starbound is infinitely more forgiving with these maps than it was a month ago.

In game stuff :
    Screenshot from 2015-12-03 00:32:52.png
    Editor stuff:
    Screenshot from 2015-12-03 00:49:48.png

So at the moment this is just a repository for some alternate tile sets with altered alignments (pipes and screws are centered and more readable), and alternate graphics for the miscellaneous tileset (these try to convey the function of the tile with symbols instead of lettering), and liquids (includes images for the unused liquids). We'll see what happens when CF posts a modders guide - but if there's a use for example or template maps in the community, that and mod support will become the focus of the project.

18. Monijir

Removed redundancies, corrected oversights.

19. PinkieCube

PinkieCube Big Damn Hero

I need help.

I have problem with the tileset.
    I have a windows 7 Pc with 64x bit and
    I don't know how I should import the tileset.
    I have problems to edit the right map.
    I have problems to load the map in the file.

Please, help me. :cry:

Edit:
    I can open the JSON-data in the Tileset file.
    They're not break.

Edit II:
    I can not open the map.
    It is not possible to open - maybe it is break.
    I don't know. - I will wait. I need support by you or other people.

I won't done alone. I will need help and support certain!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  20. Mackinz

It's not the easiest thing to figure out, but there are multiple drop-down menus that do exactly what you want to do. Just make sure to change it file opening window so it is not looking for tmx files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.