1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Saves problem. Please Help

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Frexion, May 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frexion

Frexion Orbital Explorer

Hi! I have a problem with starbound. It occured since i bought the game. The problem is , that When i have an endgame save , and then i create a new one , all outpost npcs from save 1 get copied to new save. I would appreciate if someone would explain what is happening and/or help me repair it.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach the full log located in your storage directory. It's named starbound.log (will show up as "starbound" when you don't have file extensions shown). There are also more logs (.1-.5). These are logs from the sessions before. If you didn't start the game after the error i don't need them. Use the "Upload a File" button to select and attach the log.

Depending on which OS you use the path wil be different and also if you use the GoG version of Starbound.
    Common steampaths are:
    Windows: C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\storage\starbound.log
    Mac: /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/*/Starbound.app/Contents/MacOS/starbound/storage/starbound.log
    Linux: ~/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/storage/starbound.log

~ Iris ~

3. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

no log needed. the outpost npcs are saved to the same file no matter how many characters u hav, meaning its the same outpost for all characters. i don't remember what file its in, but u will hav to delete/move that file and completely reset all worlds that file saves, including the outpost. note: this will also reset the outpost on the endgame save

Iris Blanche likes this.
  4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Oh this one. x) I mostly post my template when someone doesn't attach a log xD

~ Iris ~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.