Modding Help Save the day AS...

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Naly, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Naly

Naly Intergalactic Tourist

It's my 2nd year, winter, day 1.

Sebastian: full hearts.
    Alex: full hearts

I really cannot decide which one I like more.

Here comes my question:
    Is it possible I make my current day "save as" another save ? in that case I could have two separate story--- marry Alex and then some other day I want to start over with Sebastian then I don't have to start the game with sketch.

• Silverbane7

Silverbane7 Pangalactic Porcupine

the only thing i can think of would be to save a copy of the save manualy, like when you back up your starbounds befor steam updates them (i do that because i tend to change what mods i have running each stable version lol)
      if its like starbound then you would just have to copy the folder or files that are related to your characters save and place them in a folder someplace safe.
      then you could replace the files from your 'married alex' file with the 'will marry sebastian' ones at a later date? im just not sure how stardew saves its save files lol

• Naly

Thanks for the idea!
        So if I copy the current save file out, and will the game still be able to load it if I change the file name etc?

• montana123

montana123 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Press Windows Button + R
          Type in %appdata%
          Go to StardewValley - > Saves (Your Full Path now should be: [InsertUserNameHere] -> AppData -> Roaming -> StardewValley
          Copy your Savefolder Ex: Phate_116356361
          Rename it to Ex: PhateNewDuplicatedSave_116356361
          Open that newly copied folder
          Rename the File: Phate_116356361 -> PhateNewDuplicatedSave_116356361

Done!

You are lucky because I just wanted to duplicate my save file anyway for modding :D

• Naly

Thank You Sooooo Much!!!
            Really helped me :D