1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Save not reading?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Azellia, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Azellia

Azellia Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I opened up my game today to discover that it won't read my precious save file. I checked in appdata and the files are all still there. Opening the files in notepad shows that they still have information on it (so they're presumably not corrupted). The only odd thing I see is what could possibly be an unfinished command;(<readyForHarves)

I was in Summer of Year 4 and really don't want to lose my save. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do? For the record, this may have happened because I shut off my PC without exiting the game the day before. There have been no crashes whatsoever, so it isn't because of that.

• Yusuke Urameshi

Yusuke Urameshi Space Kumquat

Can you upload your save file and your savegameinfo file to www.filedropper.com and copy paste the links it gives you here?

• Azellia

• Yusuke Urameshi

It's working right now. But.
        There was some location data missing that I had to patch in from my own file. As such, your greenhouse setup is now identical to mine. Ancient fruit plants with 4 iridium sprinklers and about 4 quality sprinklers.
        Your completed community center was maintained thanks to
        sorrymyfault for providing me with his save that had a completed community center that I could patch in to yours.
        Your enemy kill count data for the adventure's guild was also lost. Do you remember if you had completed any of the challenges? Or about how far you were into them?
        For a refresher: http://stardewvalleywiki.com/Adventurer's_Guild
        This is important because if you didn't complete the challenges and I use my data which has some of them completed then you will be unable to obtain the unique rewards.

• Azellia

That's awesome, I'm glad you got it to work! Thanks for taking time out of your day to fix my file for me. I really appreciate it!

In terms of Adventure Guild quests; I had completed the Skeleton/Cave Insect quests, while everything else was roughly halfway done. I don't mind redoing any of them if they can't be individually saved, though!

• Yusuke Urameshi

Alright, I'll get it done when I get home from work. And you're welcome!

• Yusuke Urameshi

Try that.

Attached Files:

• Azellia

Yep, it's working! Thank you again.

I'll be sure to backup my saves regularly now, haha.

Yusuke Urameshi likes this.