1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Save Crash After Entering Marnie's Ranch

Discussion in 'Support' started by SadisticMemer, Oct 23, 2018.

1. SadisticMemer

SadisticMemer Void-Bound Voyager

I'm currently having an issue in Steam multiplayer(playing alone) where on any day that I enter Marnie's ranch, my game will crash at the end of the day. It started 27 Fall, continued throughout winter, and I checked again 1 Spring. (I was told the seasons might affect crashes, but I'm no wizard.) My game crashed like ten times until I figured out the condition. I can talk to Marnie outside her ranch, so it's not triggered by her character, but if I enter her house, no matter what, my game crashes upon save.

I investigated other save crash possibilities, which don't apply:
    - I tried running the game as administrator
    - I have had crashes with and without the kitchen upgrade
    - I have all of my tools on me, though two are copper
    - I don't have any empty spaces in any chests
    - I'm playing totally vanilla, no mods or save edits

Additionally, I can play the game regularly without any crashes, so long as I don't go into Marnie's ranch.

All of my error logs are identical, so I attached the most recent one.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• SadisticMemer

Those links brought me to Steam's Validate Integrity of Game Files option, so I hope that's the same thing as resetting content files. Correct me if I got lost somewhere along the way.
      I tried going into Marnie's ranch again after validating successfully, but it still crashes on save. Here's my file below.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
      • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Yep, that seems to be a game bug; I reported it to the developers with the details. In the meantime you can avoid Marnie's ranch (you can use the Pelican Fiber mod to buy animals without entering the ranch).

• SadisticMemer

Thanks for the help, very much appreciated!

• SadisticMemer

After checking out your bug report mentioning the mayor's shorts, I went and completed the quest, and now my game saves properly! I also have an extra pair of shorts, but that doesn't crash the game, so I'll just bury them in a chest somewhere. Thanks for catching that!