1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED S3r1ous Mods 125

Compatible with the latest version. Easy to use. Stable. Periodic Updates.

1. ThaOneDon

ThaOneDon Parsec Taste Tester

These arent cheat mods, genuine DLLs from zlib and SDL sites, latest versions. Download and compare them if you dont believe me. No cheat mods are included in this compilation, and i dont plan on including them.

The ones that come with the game are older for licensing reasons probably.

The ones included in my mod pack:
    zlib1.dll 1.2.8
    sdl.dll 1.2.15

Benefits are in the background, in how the game is coded. Huge amount of changes too numberous to post here.
    If you ever felt the game lag, load, generate worlds, screen,graphics slow for some reason these DLLs fix that to a degree impossible to predict
    unless we had access to source code.

1 thing is certain - these DLLs work, ive been using these for ages. It completely baffles me that developers insist in using old ones even indies.
    Its wrong. Completely, utterly wrong. Some of the issues fixed in new versions will never be addressed unless the DLLs are updated.
    So i am using them and adding to the pack but i wont list them just in case. So that only knowledgeable people that know what theyre doing and are willing
    to try these out use them.

All you need to do is compare the change logs on the official site, list is ridiculously long in what they have fixed, improved and so on:
    SDL
    http://www.libsdl.org/release/changes-1.2.html
    ZLIB
    http://www.zlib.net

2. Haku

Haku Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ahh ok well I meant by free crafting; basically the Extra Matter Manipulators that dig everything in an instant, Tabula Rasa makes crafting half or more of everything free, and then the creative mode boxes that craft most everything for free. I COULD create recipes and tiers for the items as specified in the Tabula Rasa mod page, but this is a mod pack you put together. So it'd be neat if that was all ready, otherwise it's all just free craftables all around. Which to me, is a cheat.

I was also just asking where the DLLs are placed in the Starbound directory. D:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  3. ThaOneDon

Creative Mode is yeah included to avoid any problems you might get with the mods. I could remove it, but then people would have to download the mod themselves, install it and so forth to bypass bugs. Bugs which are caused my incompatibilities between mods or other reasons. Remove it and you are all good if balance its bad.
    No one is making you to use it, if balance is a problem it can be just deleted and voila. Its probably the only mod i will include that allow u to do this stuff anyway.

DLLs are placed where the exe is.

UPDATE: You know what? The pack HAS become very stable..... I guess i can remove it.

4. Bedren

Bedren Intergalactic Tourist

Hello ThaOneDon, big fan of your pack, saved me tons of work. especially since I host a multiplayer server. I noticed in the new version V12 you placed jte_farming_hops a patch for Starbooze but Starbooze is not in the pack, this causes crashes for the client side users (Dependency missing starbooze). Also this may be unrelated to your pack but we proceeded to add Starbooze and now nobody can plant any seeds of any kind, they get used but don't plant anything. I deleted Starbooze and the jte_farming_hops patch and we still cant seem to get the seeds to plant at all. Gonna try removing jte stuff and see if it fixes it. Removing jte stuffs fixed all our issues. Just FYI and thanks for your hard work.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  5. ThaOneDon

Yeah that mod is very problematic..... ok next version is going to exclude these mods
    Creative Mode - breaks balance in the long run
    Persistent Farmables - strange bugs and problems
    StarBooze - problems

But this is the new updates coming:
    Augmented Armors 1.0
    Energy Bridges 1.1
    Professionbound 0.0.2alpha

New mods:
    Shoehead's Threads 1

If new versions of these mods - Persistent Farmables, StarBooze will fix the issues (i will be testing) in the future, ill add them back in

6. ThaOneDon

ThaOneDon updated S3r1ous Mods with a new update entry:

V13 "Fullback"

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. SassySanchez

SassySanchez Intergalactic Tourist

Thank you so much man.

8. ThaOneDon

The next versions will heavily focus on balancing things out. I need your feedback on anything that you feel is overpowered.

*Currently i see USSR (cosmonaut gun) stuff seems way to powerful for beginners. I will probably remove that.

9. ThaOneDon

ThaOneDon updated S3r1ous Mods with a new update entry:

V14 "Thule"

Read the rest of this update entry...

10. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

Hey! Nice collection, and specially your ambition to make it as balanced as possible. I'm making something similar, but mostly for myself and my server - so like a server side mod set. I just noticed you removed manipulators, it's one thing I really do like in this game - matter manipulator, but default version is just so .. crappy. I've worked with dafman4 on his tiered manipulators, and I only liked 1 for each tier - which makes them slower to get then pickaxes and drills, and they're usually tiny bit slower then pickaxes - which makes both useful - but i've made them 3x3 from starter to tier 9 and only last tier is 5x5, just because you're so cool and you got to tier 10 :) Now, how hard are they to get? I'm not rly sure, maybe to easy ... but if you like, give it a try and let me know your thoughs - i can make some changes to the mod, and ask the author to update it if it's something you might like :) http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/tiered-mat-manipulators-light.1269/

11. SweFox

SweFox Guest

So you have permission from all these creators? On the first page you basically said "adding now, asking later".
    Also, can you explain this?

I mean, why do you have a donation button?

12. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

It's a donation. It does not obligate you to donate. He puts work into compilation, so that stuff works together, picks mods for you etc. Even though he's not creating a mod per-se, its still work. You can simply not donate, if you don't feel like it.

13. ThaOneDon

Yes i do, for EACH AND EVERY MOD. (some are excluded cause i didnt get it or not allowed). Some mods dont require permission.

14. ThaOneDon

Yeah your mods seem more balanced. Testing them now.

15. SweFox

SweFox Guest

Makes me happy to hear.

If you do put down a lot of time seeing if they are balanced together, work etc then I can only say good work.

16. ThaOneDon

Well i even stream some of the gameplay on twitch. Test each day.

17. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

Well it's not mine, but I scrapped out only 10 from the original 26 mm's, and modified them a bit :) I think it could use a bit more tweaking ...

18. ThaOneDon

Yeah.

19. Deathwire22

Deathwire22 Big Damn Hero

Really nice mod pack ! :)

20. Midnightman

Midnightman Void-Bound Voyager

Cheers for this compilation update I already removed these :p. I think the powerful matter manipulator could be an awesome part of the game IF they made it upgradeable and balanced!~ Also stay strong,the egomaniac mod creators who don't allow permission are pathetic. You rock man saves so much time trial and error bullshit.