RP Ruined

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Relten, Jun 5, 2016.

1. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

"Flooring it...a phrase for making a car go very fast.."

2. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

"A car moving at a moderate speed is still faster, and will run until the fuel runs out. Animals will need to rest often. What I'm saying however, is that we shouldn't mix; either we go with just cars, or just beasts."
    "The car still has a 'floor'. A better term would be 'full throttle'."

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  3. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

"Ah... Okay..."
    He smiles a bit, though still visibly confused...

4. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Fiekes gives a wry smile. "I could spend hours explaining the intricacies of motorized travel, but now might not be the time."

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  5. Jareix Cryvix

"Perhaps when we are on the road..."

6. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

"Has everyone reached a decision then?

7. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

"Okay we're gonna have to fall on majority decision..vote for cars.."

8. Jareix Cryvix

"Camels... Cheaper...?"

9. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

"A single camel, maybe. Enough for all of us? No likely. Also, I am a mechanic, not a veterinarian. I can fix a car, but not a camel."

10. Jareix Cryvix

"But... Doesn't sand make machines break? I've met many a stranger stranded with a metal carriage... Are "Cars" like those but more like a moving cannon?

11. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

"Sand can be a problem, but as I said, I can fix that. But if a camel breaks a leg? Do we have anyone who can fix that? And what do you mean by a 'moving cannon'? Like a tank? Because that's an entirely different beast."

12. Jareix Cryvix

"Hmm... How many camels can we bring? I've heard "damn" quality cars are over a thousand notes or similar... Camels are about a tenth of that aren't they? If it breaks a leg somehow, fresh meat..."

13. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

"Then one of us will be stuck on foot, which will slow us down even more."

14. Jareix Cryvix

"Bring extras probably. Camels are mostly for carrying food and equipment aren't they?"

15. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

"And the extras will cost extra. And I thought they were for riding? Travelling by foot is just not my bag."

16. Jareix Cryvix

"Well... I'm used to sand-drakes for riding, but they're practically not that much faster than on foot? How good are cars anyway? All of the ones I've seem end up stuck... Not really worth ten camels in my opinion..."

17. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

A time of sitting silently and observing the conversation has given Kamilia more than enough time to weigh the options. "I'm thinking camels, frankly."

haynesy566 likes this.
  18. haynesy566

haynesy566 Heliosphere

"Perhaps we should stop quarrelling about our mode of transport, I figure we could solve the grouping and transport issue in one go. Camel riders in one group, those suited to vehicles in another."

19. Captain Kane

Captain Kane The Waste of Time

Aukur gives Kamilia and Altim nods of approval. "I agree with Altim. Besides. I will not use a car. A camel is a beast that can be understood. Cars are monstrosities."

Kaiachi and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  20. Jareix Cryvix

Hearing cars being described as "monstrosities" puts the final nail in the coffin for using cars for him...
    "I vote camels... They'd also probably be better for distance as well. Possibly hauling any loot we find in the ruins...And could probably carry more gear... Right?"

Kaiachi likes this.