OOC Ruined: Temple of the Forgotten Empire

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Relten, May 29, 2016.

?

What should I do with this RP.

1. Continue from where we last left off

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Continue after a small time skip

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. Start over

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. Abandon the whole thing

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Abandon

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

Old fashioned stuff for the time, hand me downs of the age, antiquated things like computers if they had them in older forms and mechanical objects, that's why he was a bit of a tinkerer.

Computer wise I mean he knew how to work them, no hacking skills or anything, mechanical wise, he knows how things tick, how to take them apart or build or fix them.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    Relten and Firebird Zoom like this.
  2. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

So he's a gunslinger, a tactician, and a tinkerer?

Boy, he's just filled with surprises isn't he?

3. HunterC1998

Tactician? Where was that from?

4. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

This bit gave me the impression that he methodically plans out his battles.

5. HunterC1998

Oh no, he just expects more than what's likely to come, like he's jumpy if what he sees is everything that is to come, always expecting more to be around the corner..

Paranoia really..

Relten likes this.
  6. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

I would have worded that as: Cautious.

HunterC1998 and Firebird Zoom like this.
  7. HunterC1998

Sorry, I'll fix that.

Relten likes this.
  8. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Remember to try and get those applications updated folks! I only have three out of the nine apps that were here from the first run through.

Also, if you want to have a second character, now would probably be the best time to create it. Otherwise you might end up waiting for a while to hop in.

Jareix Cryvix and Firebird Zoom like this.
  9. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

@Relten would it be alright if I brought along an entertainer? Just a man to keep the spirits up, hopes high, and the morale manageable.

Relten likes this.
  10. critsarecool

critsarecool The Waste of Time

I am gonna work on the apps soon, sorry, I've just been horribly busy and am just now finding some downtime.

Relten likes this.
  11. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

What do you mean by that? Like a bard of sorts?
    That's alright.

12. Jareix Cryvix

Bard, Magician, Storyteller/performer, Gambler, and playwriter. A man seeking to write a play for the decade from what can only the adventure of a lifetime perhaps. With the help of some fictitious twists, he hopes to make this reality into a wonderful fantasy.

Relten likes this.
  13. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Of those things, what are his primary occupational skills?

Is he a writer who is struggling to find the right kind of thing for his story/book/play?

or perhaps he is an actor (probably a talkie one given the era) who is trying to get the right style of mentality for an upcoming movie?

My main reasoning behind this is because he seems capable of a wide variety of things that are typically specialized in individually. Besides that one little issue, i don't see anything wrong with an app created with that type of character.

14. Jareix Cryvix

He writes and performs musicals, but has a bit of a gambling addiction. 'Nuff said.

15. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Alrighty, have fun making the character.

@HunterC1998
    So, did you update that app yet?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  16. Jareix Cryvix

I hope this is acceptable. I decided to ditch the gambling shtick.

Name: Mskizus the Marvelous
    Race: Chlaloi
    Description: Tall and limber like a pencil doll, with skinny nimble limbs, powerful legs, and dexterous fingers. He almost looks like a locust or cricket of sorts. He dresses in a rather fancy looking dress set, including a tuxedo, cape, shoes and gloves.
    Inventory: clothes, entertainment set(like one of those salesman cases. Contains his viola, music sheets and scripts (mostly for anyone willing to join him in a session, as he's memorized all the pieces by heart), assorted props and costumes including some puppets, and a few different backdrops to use for the mini-diaorama) food, a small handgun he carries just in case.
    Spells: just some assorted stuff for dramatic flair he learned in his travels. A creating a cloud of vapour, making a quick flash or bang, and summoning magelights
    Backstory: born to a life of slavery, Mskizus was always the dreamer. While toiling away at whatever task it was, be it labor, walking in the line, or looking presentable while being sold, he'd always be having a story turning in his head. One of many he would tell to the other slaves. Their faces, bitter and hardened from their life, would always seem to be a motivation to make others smile. He loved that feeling, when you are telling a story or singing a song, and then people with faces of apathy suddenly begin to show glimmers of emotion, and then hope. He would spend hours keeping spirits up, singing songs while they dug in the fields, holding plays when day's were glum, and garnering much attention for himself by dancing at auctions. Of course, most of the time such joy would be stamped out, but other times it'd suddenly bring joy to others, cracking a genuine smile on the normally harsh and cruel faces of slave owners, glee to the bystanding spectators, and even sometimes getting himself extra portions, one time even convincing the owner to provide better quarters. Eventually, he was bought and joined a theater troupe. And that's when it really took off. Still a slave, he climbed the ladder of the troupe, until he eventually found himself writing the scripts and scores! It was then that he was gifted with the greatest gift he could possibly ask for. Freedom. Freedom to spread fhe joy to whomever he felt needed it, and write masterpieces of the ages. Armed with the instrument of his choice, some custom tailored clothes, and the dusty portable diorama, he set off into the world. Though without the support of a master, now he'd have to find a way to make income. This looked like the best choice, so hopefully he can put his skills to use in keeping up the morale.
    Traits:
    Teller of tales, singer of songs, stronger of strings: Mskizus is a marvelously talented entertainer, both of music and of storytelling, often incorporating both. He can tell the tale of anything from a drama, to a tragedy, to a comedy.
    Nimble: His life as a slave and body as a Chlaloi has provided him with a body of an agile and dexterous kind.
    Charmingly roguish: He's picked up a few tricks in the troupe on things like how to make an escape, how to go unseen, and how to avoid trouble.
    Flaw:
    Non-combatant: he has absolutely no skill nor drive for fighting of any kind. He's never fired a gun, and the fights he's been in he's always either surrendered or gotten decked without landing a whiff.
    Skinny: his nimble stature makes lifting heavy objects not his forte, and can just as easily be bested with a well placed blow.
    Unused to freedom: he's spent not much time being free, and is for the most part still entirely a follower. Ask him to make any complex decision outside of a story, and he'll be lost entirely.

Relten likes this.
  17. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

An entertainment slave eh? How intriguing. And one of the races which we hadn't seen used yet at that.

Now, I am just finishing up a few things for the starter area. Hopefully, it should be far more in depth and adequate for establashishing both the overall tone of the story, and the story itself. I am having a really good feeling about this one! ^_^

Is life still being a pain @critsarecool?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    HunterC1998 and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  18. CondescendedWow

CondescendedWow Supernova

Jesus I remember how I was gonna do something with this RP and then fell off the board, how's the story so far?

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  19. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

In the process of being rebooted, if I'm not mistaken.

Relten and CondescendedWow like this.
  20. CondescendedWow

CondescendedWow Supernova

Oh cool! Wonderful timing then I guess?
    Well if you could even call it that

Relten likes this.