Ruined Planet

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by ShinigamiX, Feb 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ShinigamiX

ShinigamiX Big Damn Hero

So as the title says, its a suggestion for a ruined planet biome.

Once this world of vibrant and green and bustling with people in large cities. Unfortunatly due to a lack of planning and a lack of care their machines causes the world to produce acid rain and make it fall almost constantly. People fled not caring about the planet and leaving is a desolate wasteland filled with ruined cities, no trees and lots of poison water everywhere.

It could be possible to find the odd survivor or two that have managed to survive in the remains of the once great and powerful cities. Some might be straight out hostile wishing nothing more than to take what you have just to eat, while others may wish to be taken elsewhere (such as a colony/another village/the outpost) and very rarily would be one that might just be happy with their way of life and simply show you a smile and are even willing to trade what little scraps they have in exchange for some things.

Cities could be half-submerged in the ground or at least designed with the idea of trying to keep the acid rain out but due to them being ruins, hole and cracks have appeared.

As a mini-biome suggestion for this type of planet.
    It would be a piece of untouched nature hidden in a grotto underground. Such a thing is the planet's attempt at fixing itself.

_________________________________________________________________________________
    As a possibility, depending on how hard it would be to implement into the game. There could be the option for actually fixing up the planet and clearing away the acid rain. Though I guess really I like the idea of at least being able to build some colony on a planet that is almost always being affected by acid rain.

Corraidhín likes this.
  2. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

It would be a pretty mod, since I dont think the devvies are focused on creating new content just yet, but rather making sure all the current/nightly content is as finished and bug free as possible. Regardless, it would be a very interesting biome indeed

3. ShinigamiX

ShinigamiX Big Damn Hero

Even if its a suggestion that doesn't get implemented straight away I'm hoping that they might see this idea and at least put in on a backlog that they'll get round to when they get a bit of free time.

4. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

That would be nice! yeah! I ve always wanted that Chrono Trigger-esque Ruined era world with barren lands and overwhelmingly dilapidated cities... and robot enemies!

5. ShinigamiX

ShinigamiX Big Damn Hero

Yeah, some beaten up robots that due to bad wiring will attack you on sight would allow is a good excuse for not only guard robots attacking you but also simple cleaning robots..... or maybe some kind of evil toaster.
    DEATH BY TOAST!!!

6. spyroguy

spyroguy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looks like you're (sorta) getting your wish with the Scorched City planets in the next update!

7. ShinigamiX

ShinigamiX Big Damn Hero

I still hope for a planet that has almost constant acid rain. Whether the reason is from the species that once lived there or not.

8. spyroguy

spyroguy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I hate acid rain because there's no way to defend against it except cheating and going into admin mode. Poison resistance doesn't block it, even though it should.

9. ShinigamiX

ShinigamiX Big Damn Hero

Yes, that's sort of the point of having almost constant acid rain. You either need to build/find shelters are you go or dig pathways underground.... or use pathways underground if pathways were already there.