1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED RPG Growth 1.92

Adds RPG-like growth (stat points and classes) to Starbound

1. ThornyFlora

ThornyFlora Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, glad it's not crashing anymore. Yea, I figure larger world sizes would certainly cause memory leaks and allocation issues, especially with how Starbound generates and loads planet chunks into memory. Hopefully it won't happen anymore, but I am always attempting to optimize my mod, and there's a lot more to be done in that regard. Hope you have fun playing :)

2. CBWX

CBWX Pangalactic Porcupine

how do i open up this mods menus? is there something i need to set up or do i just skill stuff first? :rofl:

Edit: nvm i had to craft the book ^^;

3. TenkoKuugen

TenkoKuugen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is there any way to make stat scroll points permanent? if necessary, split the scroll into scrolls for each stat and then track the stats added via these scrolls separately but keep them even after prestige? Because right now you have to wait with your stat point scrolls until you basically know for sure you won't ever prestige again and that's a bit meh considering the mod is still getting new stuff.

4. ThornyFlora

ThornyFlora updated RPG Growth with a new update entry:

Major Update 1.4

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. Silverforte

Silverforte Spaceman Spiff

I love that you're still working on this. I do have a question. Is it safe to just update the mod (not steam) by deleting the mod from the mod folder then replacing it with the updated version on the same character? I don't want to start over every time there's an update and a lot of mods can cause problems when updating without starting a new character, which is why I ask.

6. ThornyFlora

It's safe. Unfortunately, there's a bit of a bug, so I'm reuploading another version, 1.4c.

7. ThornyFlora

Patch 1.4c

8. ThornyFlora

Patch 1.4d

9. ThornyFlora

Patch 1.4e

Silverforte likes this.
  10. ThornyFlora

Patch 1.4f

11. ThornyFlora

12. SacredCaedeus

SacredCaedeus Phantasmal Quasar

This mod sounds great from what I've read via the info file. I think I'll hold off though until a healer base class is added. If one is ever added anyway.

13. ThornyFlora

Well, Knight, and especially Paladin, can heal via Perfect Shields in some cases. Necromancer can heal via the Reap Tech. Rogue can heal via their Siphon Spore finisher. And Vanguard, the Explorer+Soldier Specialization can heal via getting kills with Danger Close, their Specialized Weapon. And on top of that, Vitality, a stat, raises Max Health. So, no specific Healer yet, but there are some avenues for self and team-healing.

SacredCaedeus likes this.
  14. ColonolNutty

ColonolNutty Ketchup Robot

15. SacredCaedeus

You aren't wrong, because I did see those. Unfortunately a lot of those classes go against type for me, as I'm a White Mage (read: healer) at heart. A support class that can heal and buff is almost always for me. Wizard does seem fun enough for me though. Looking at the mod as a whole though... I really wish you good luck in this going forward. This mod, in my opinion, really fixes the problem the makes Starbound boring, which is that all characters are the same, and that your gear defines you instead of accenting you. Maybe I'll just suck it up and play Wizard a bunch in the mean time. :p

16. ThornyFlora

Well, waiting is never a bad idea ever. I'll be adding a Cleric role for Wizards and Explorers, and there will be a Medic, Alchemist, and Bard Profession, both of which will provide self and team support. If you wait, though it might take a while, you'd be able to experience everything fresh and also get to be a Healer :)

17. ThornyFlora

18. The Avelon

The Avelon Phantasmal Quasar

I'm looking at the possibility of a Zerotap Dash plugin for RPG Growth, but it would have to come with a few additional edits normally outside of the scope of ZTDs: I'd have to change the activation for any skill using RPG Second Action (PlayerTechAction2), which activates abilities like the Explorer's dash/Sprint toggle, Knight's slam, and Ninja's Assassinate.

Does anyone have some ideas on what they would like to be using to activate these abilities? I haven't done a playthrough with RPG Growth before, so am not really sure how it would feel to change a number of the keybinds. Especially for veteran players this might be strange.

19. SacredCaedeus

I swear I saw the mod's name somewhere either in this thread or the front page, but... what the heck is the mod you use for the additional side icons, ThornyFlora? I can't even find it with my crappy searching skills.X3 Sorry, I hate to be that person. I've been looking around for UI mods that look like that, but can't find it.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  20. ThornyFlora

Quickbar Mini, perhaps?