1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Vanilla (No Mods) [RP] Boundstar - 24/7 with personable staff (Working character descriptions!)

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by Maikoa, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Maikoa

Maikoa Subatomic Cosmonaut

[​IMG]

"What is Boundstar?"

The short answer is: a minimal lag, quality RP-centered, casual-play permissible server.​

The long answer is: A labor of love started between real-life friends that grew and evolved over the years. Originally one of the first starbound servers upon the release of the game; Boundstar was a casual server that allowed roleplay. After the change-of-hands in ownership and the change of interests of its playerbase, Boundstar grew to become focused on creating an immersive and lore-rich world for roleplayers to inhabit.
    "What does this server offer?"​
    Boundstar has a friendly, attentive staff and a great, non-toxic creative community! It is a roleplay server where character development is encouraged, creativity is emboldened and players are welcome to contribute to the world their ideas and thoughts. User created hub planets and vast, aesthetically pleasing builds are sure to await you in your first foray into the server. In-depth lore for the server can be found here. The server is constantly growing and incorporating new ideas to suit the needs and wants of players. There are regular staff and player hosted events as well, to keep things fresh and interesting!

Additionally, regardless of your roleplay experience, the server is friendly and accommodating to new roleplayers and experienced roleplayers alike, with staff-run roleplay practice and a getting-started in roleplay guide.
    "What about the server itself? How do I join?"​
    The server is password protected and the password is a clickable phrase within the rules. If you have trouble finding the password, you can contact staff so that they may best assist you! It is highly recommended for players to register on the forums in order to be able to best experience our server, as our lore and other important documents are there. Discord is recommended as the go-to for talking with staff and our community.

Important links in regards to this server​
    Boundstar Forums
    Boundstar Server Rules

Important RP related links in regards to this server​
    Boundstar Core Lore
    Boundstar Material Lore

Boundstar Character Death & Cloning Lore

Below are some screenshots of one of the more popular hubs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    2nd Lieutenant Raoni likes this.
  2. Lax_Life Games

Lax_Life Games Space Hobo

hi i cant seem to log on to the server and what is the ip/password

Ahrceon likes this.
  3. Maikoa

Heyo!
    The password and account name are within the rules which are located here: http://www.playstarboundstar.com/faq.php
    The ip is: 74.91.112.193

4. Lax_Life Games

thank you[DOUBLEPOST=1437102944][/DOUBLEPOST]
    it says im anonymous

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  5. Maikoa

Ah, if it's anonymous, that means you need to enter both the account and the password.

It should look something like this:

[Server IP]
    [Account name]
    [Password]

The account name and the password you find in the rules. ^^

6. Lax_Life Games

hey what is the server account

7. Maikoa

Account name is: a
    The password is in the rules. ^^

8. TheUnknown12

TheUnknown12 Space Hobo

Hey um so well lol im hopeful to jopin this awesome server so is a dude named TheUnknown (all games and steam thats my name im serious) from a wastelandish planet an allowed rp type :rofl:
    he has some itnresting gear thats wastelandish to :rofl:

9. TheUnknown12

TheUnknown12 Space Hobo

??? what happended e.e

10. Maikoa

Ah, yeah! Of course! We allow most any characters.
    I was RPing with you on Alternis!

The server ended up going down for a moment due to an error with the server console, but that was sorted in about five minutes. (sorry about that!)

Look forwards to continuing to RP with you though! ^^

11. Hakma

Hakma Tentacle Wrangler

I cant find the pass?

12. Maikoa

Ah, the password is located: Here and it's in the roleplay rules section. You have to click the phrase to make a dialog box pop up. It'll have the account and password. ^^

13. Mrs Bartender

Mrs Bartender Scruffy Nerf-Herder

says that there is a redirecting loop so i cant play on your awsome sounding server :(

14. Maikoa

The website is down for maintenance because the host is experiencing SQL errors, so during that time there will be a redirect loop.. :C

You can PM me and I can send you the password if you agree to abide by the server rules. :>

15. Mrs Bartender

Mrs Bartender Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If only i knew how to PM!

16. Maikoa

I sent you one detailing how to send PMs and such. ^^

It will pop up as an alert for you.

17. Mileardo

Mileardo Space Hobo

password?

18. Maikoa

19. Maikoa

20. mizucario

mizucario Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sorry for poking around, but I'm curious if the server is vanilla or modded.
    If it's modded can i have a list of the mods - that way i wont have any problems with missing stuff .=.
    would love to play as a familiar though.. .=.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015