1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Roka Race Mod Beta v0.41

Adds fluffy, curious and innovative canines.

1. Syfe_Fireshard

Syfe_Fireshard Pangalactic Porcupine

Syfe_Fireshard submitted a new mod:

Roka Race Mod - Adds fluffy, curious, and innovative canines.

Read more about this mod...

2. Syfe_Fireshard

3. Syfe_Fireshard

4. Syfe_Fireshard

5. Syfe_Fireshard

Syfe_Fireshard updated Roka Race Mod with a new update entry:

Huge fix but at a price...

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. Syfe_Fireshard

7. Syfe_Fireshard

Goodies galore~

8. Dragon_Tom005

Dragon_Tom005 Existential Complex

A very nice, structured mod. I'm really enjoying it so far. I also like the cloths. :D

Edit: looking back at it, I regret not putting 5 stars now. Dang it!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  9. DaWrecka

DaWrecka Pangalactic Porcupine

I want to like this mod. I really do. But there's something about it that skeeves me out. Something about it that makes it take up residence in my personal Uncanny Valley. The noses skeeve me out a little, or more specifically the lack thereof; But there are facial options that give them noses, so that's not really it. I think I've nailed it though. Well, two "it"s.

First of all is the arms. At least, the female arms, while in motion. (haven't looked at the males) They're just too skinny and too bendy at the same time. They don't look so bad at a standstill, but while moving, they look like gloves stuck on the end of a couple of pipe cleaners. Worse, the arms don't seem to be attached at the shoulders properly. It's noticeable while walking unarmed, or running with one-handed items, but it's at its worst while facing the left side of the screen while carrying a broadsword - the left arm is completely detached from the body. You can see it in the image I've attached. (assuming I haven't screwed that up)

Second, a lesser issue is the spines, and again this is visible in the cropped screenshot, although it's perhaps a little easier to see in motion, and also easier if holding two one-handed weapons than a broadsword. I can accept that Roka are alien canids, but I'm pretty sure that any humanoid sticking its chest out that much would have a spine like a pretzel.

If those can be fixed though, I'll be all over this like Robbie Coltrane on a plate of chips.

Attached Files:

10. Syfe_Fireshard

sorry about all that >< it was an edit of the Avali spriteset. i may end up experimenting with the default arms and such. Ive no idea why the arms on that one float, and ive looked into it before.. i really need to get back to working on this and work out these bugs. and on the topic of the nose, the way the muzzle has to be positioned as really problematic on a pixelated scale, this was the best one i could make so far but i may improve it later. i wanted it to be 3/4 turn but it ended up at a full 90 looking ahead.

11. Syfe_Fireshard

I want opinions. should i merge the default arm sprites with the Roka body sprite? this could eliminate the arm issues and also make the Roka compatible with vanilla chest armors and clothing.

Edit: my test group members all say Yes on this idea so far, and ill be making the upper body the vanilla style as well, im hoping this can make it even more unique, and more compatible.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  12. DaWrecka

DaWrecka Pangalactic Porcupine

Noticed recently that cobalta ingots are crafted with 1 piece of ore. I suspect that's not working-as-intended.

13. valavaern

valavaern Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As of 1.3, this race seems to be broken; the game crashes when you attempt to use the captain's chair, which is common for races that haven't been updated.

14. Gaspydoggy

Gaspydoggy Void-Bound Voyager

Hello Whenever I Go or launch the robot also when using the captains chair the game crashes like no tomorrow Hopefully this can get updated

15. valavaern

You can fix the captain's chair by editing a few lines of code yourself:

Got to the RokaRaceMod/objects/soma/somacaptainschair folder
    open the somacaptainschair.object file in a text editor (notepad or notepad++ if you have it)
    find the line of code that says
    "interactAction" : "openCockpitInterface",

and replace it with the two lines
    "interactAction" : "ScriptPane",
    "interactData" : "/interface/cockpit/cockpit.config",

save, close, and your captain's chair now works.

still working on the mech. That crash has to do with the race missing any drop-pod animations, but I haven't looked into what's fully needed for that yet~

16. Syfe_Fireshard

Sorry about all that. im gonna be working towards remedying the errors very soon as i just got my new pc up and running. thank you for reminding me of what i need to fix.

17. Syfe_Fireshard

BACK AND FIXED

18. valavaern

To all those updating to the latest version: delete the old folder, then move in the new one. Just dragging the new one in and telling it to ever-write will make the game crash on launch~

19. Hopalongtom

Hopalongtom Subatomic Cosmonaut

Could you please rehost the pictures please? The screenshots are down.

20. Syfe_Fireshard

still trying to find a place for those, sorry about that. photobucket decided to make their services paid -.-