RP RnD

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Whitlinger Doodle Do, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Whitlinger Doodle Do

Whitlinger Doodle Do Pangalactic Porcupine

It is possible, some think, to see the future for what it is. In their view, nothing is impossible.
    ---
    You and your brethren have hurtled through a dark, frozen void for longer than a star exists. Some of your people believe that your ancestors were tasked with building a home in the unreachable extra-galactic stars.
    Others say that your ancestors built your giant ships, moored together using little more than high grade steel and impossible polymers to escape a war that threatened their existence in the galaxy. Your ship may as well be a world, everyone says.

They are both wrong.

Welcome to the first installment of Research and Dungeons.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As you wake up this shift, you recall that this is the shift of the Annual extra-galactic station Science fair. It is a science fair because the Planner-priests are currently children, sometimes it makes you wonder why exactly anyone who plans events must be from a hereditary line of social-event engineers, but alas, their science is for practicality and your science is... well, for science.

Your aspiration of course, is very special, and you understand that you could not even aspire to understand enough material to make it work alone, so you must work with others. You shudder as you think of them, their pithy aspirations are surely nothing to yours.

What you consider even worse is the official policy on tenure: There is no tenure. Generally you thought of this as an undergrad as a means of preventing the collection of institutional detritus from making your life difficult with their "Typewriter only" classrooms and their plaid sweater vests, but now, you see that you must continue the only available retinue of income as a scholar: digging around dungeons and researching what you find.

There's only one problem, who are you?

2. I'm sorry, what?

3. Whitlinger Doodle Do

What seems to be the issue with this?

The densly packed information?
    Or the unusual premise?

Or did I put something in a confusing way?

4. I don't really understand the premise at all.

5. yeah what is this about? and where is the OOC?

6. 2ktaco

2ktaco Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I understand. Atleast, I think I do.

Its an rp on big world-sized space ship/station thing.
    To start, you post an "app" containing all the info denoted in the little black(er) box.
    after enough people apply, he'll start the rp.

To be honest, it had very little concrete background explaining what the heck it is about. Which, piques my interest because, all I'd have to do is come up with a great character and see what happens.

Edit: We'd be super cool space scholars who dig in the bowels of the space-ship world for cool stuff to sell and make profit to survive.

7. oh ok cool, I see. I dont think I will apply though.

8. Whitlinger Doodle Do

This is amazing because it's actually what I meant.

9. 2ktaco

2ktaco Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like the idea but, I too, will not be applying. Got to much going on. Good Luck.

10. twitchyspeed

twitchyspeed Void-Bound Voyager

So is this still active/open?