1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Risk of Rain won't start

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thegiantfishdude, Nov 29, 2015.

1. thegiantfishdude

thegiantfishdude Intergalactic Tourist

so I just bought the game and downloaded it off of steam, however, whenever I tried to run the game, the game would pop it for a second or two and then disappear as if I never clicked the play button.

This is sad because I really wanted to try out this cool game.

Any suggestions?

P.S I'm running a windows 10 laptop with a dual core Intel i7 and Geforce gt 630 graphics cards

• NateDiemer

NateDiemer Subatomic Cosmonaut

Sometimes it slides back behind everything else for me. Try looking for the application under "Applications" in your task manager and select "Move to Front". That usually does the trick for me. Hopefully I'm not too late and you can find this.

• thegiantfishdude

thegiantfishdude Intergalactic Tourist

based on what I saw, risk of rain pops into my task manager for one second then disappears as if I deleted the program

sry for the late reply

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
        • edmundkoh90

edmundkoh90 Space Hobo

I'm having the same issue. i hope the someone reply this thread soon. i bought it from the steam sale and now it doesn't even start. Steam would say the program is running for a couple of seconds and it would just go off, no screen or even a black screen. :(