1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Risk of Rain Wiki: Good idea or bad?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by okok111, Jul 3, 2013.

?

Should there be an RoR wiki?

1. Yes, definitely.

50 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. NO, HELL NO.

5 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Maybe, I'm not quite sure.

10 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. Vahnkiljoy

Vahnkiljoy Ketchup Robot

Which is why I think that the wiki should be held off on, at least until it is officialy out and things won't be changing from patch to patch if they do.

• Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

Cool. I think it should follow a similar colour scheme to the forum, though. That works better, in my opinion.

Rawrquaza likes this.
      • Shrooblord

• okok111

okok111 Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, that page right there is better than anything I could do. :up:

Shrooblord likes this.
        • Draken09

Draken09 Black Hole Surfer

Well, since the wiki is up, might we turn this thread from hypothetical discussion, to overall organization? To start, I'd like to see if Shrooblord would like to team up with me to work on the Characters. (Him doing the formatting and me getting data.) However, I will have to leave fairly soon (23rd) so I won't be able to test then. :(

• okok111

I'd be happy to change the contents of the OP so that it's more of a thread about the wiki than a thread about whether there should be one or not, but we'd need an admin/moderator to change the title of the thread (SERIA? WE KINDA NEED YOU HERE.) Either way, thank you for finding data for the wiki, it is much appreciated. Don't feel pressured to find info though, as any contribution is much appreciated.

Draken09 likes this.
            • Shrooblord

Sure - I love writing those little tidbits and making it look nice. Just hit me up with a PM whenever you have enough information on one character so I can create a whole page about it. I'm also planning to do the Items and monsters soon, but, eh... not right now. xD

Draken09 likes this.
              • Draken09

Here's a little tidbit for the wiki; getting two Heaven Crackers makes it activate every three attacks instead of four. I'm not sure how common this knowledge is, and I figured since I noticed it and it's rather uncommon to get more than one (hence making testing a pain) I would just record the info now.

Also, I just had an idea on how to handle secret items/areas to preserve their secretness (sorta) while still providing info. We simply don't list them. We could still have the pages with data and such, but secret items wouldn't be in the items list, so people would have to already have found/heard of them to use the search bar and get there!

• okok111

That could work, but then again there's the page list that shows everything... (http://riskofraingame.wikia.com/wiki/Special:AllPages)
                  Unless that only works for admins, of course.

• Draken09

Nope, it works for everyone... Oh well, I guess that won't work.

• Shrooblord

We could label them <ITEM NAME>_(SECRET!) so people know whether or not they're about to spoil themselves.

Draken09 likes this.
                      • okok111

That could work too, and then we'd be able to put them in the generic item/level categories!
                        EDIT: That is, we wouldn't have to. Just might be easier to find that way. But should it be easy to find secrets? I don't really know.

• Draken09

What about instead of tagging them as item or level, we tag them as secrets? Then we can have them organized in a seperate list!

• okok111

That could work too, yeah. Now that I think about it, that's a pretty good idea.

Draken09 likes this.