1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Risk of Rain (short animated tribute) by: FL-Nordin *FINISHED*

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by FL-Nordin, May 19, 2014.

?

wich character do you want to see side by side with the commando in desolate forest

1. Mercenary

46.5%
  2. Sniper

53.5%
  1. FL-Nordin

FL-Nordin Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I am a stick animator just for fun (nothing serious) but I just wanted to let you guys know that im making a animation tribute of RoR
    its a competition hosted on stickpage.com, and for the competition we could all choose a game to animate that we liked most. most of the games like AC series, Dark Souls, final fantasy, ghost recon, minecraft, L4D, Last of us... you get the idea, where chosen, but no I had a different game in mind. The reason im doing RoR is because I kinda-recently bought it and im blown away by the atmosphere, music and hardcore gameplay. I wanted to do this a long time ago but never got to it, but because of this competition (and the sweet cash prize) I made some free time to sit down and animate some.

*DUE DATE IS JUNE 25th*
    - I put a link to this site in the main menu of my animation
    - Also a link to chris (the music artist) his site in the main menu as well
    - I will try to put the same atmosphere of the game in my animation
    - I will also try to not spoil alot (the animation only includes intro and desolate forest untill main character teleports)
    - I'll only feature commando and maybe mercenary or sniper in the animation
    - I hope to not let you guys down, I will try my best with the skills I have

LINK TO COMPETITION - http://forums.stickpage.com/showthr...-**NOT-ACCEPTING-ANYMORE-SIGNUPS-OR-CHANGES**
    LINK TO SCREENSHOTS N DETAILS - http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?83479-Game-Tribute-Legion-2-Risk-of-Rain-(FL-Nordin)
    FINISHED ANIMATION http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?86349-Risk-of-Rain-Tribute

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
      Finn Learson likes this.
    • RiokuTheSlayer

RiokuTheSlayer Phantasmal Quasar

Nice, I'm actually making a "second" game for it. Just a remake in a different engine, with easier capabilities to add stuff to it. So we're both making tributes to the game.

• FL-Nordin

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

That was amazing.

• TheMugbearer

TheMugbearer Phantasmal Quasar

Dude
          Only because of YOU I am gonna make a Merc figurine out of my virtual Legos.
          Also, where do I throw money to make you open a magical chest of MOAR?

• FL-Nordin

thanks guys, there could be room for the next level (if i have the time for it) afterall they only teleported away from the 1st level, and are you really serious about the throwing money at me, or is it just a form of speech?

• TheMugbearer

TheMugbearer Phantasmal Quasar

Well, if I had spare money I'd definitely donate you for all your efforts.

• FL-Nordin

hahaha thanks m8, I appreciate the thought of it

• shadowpikachu

shadowpikachu Space Spelunker

OHOHOHOHO, i love this...
                  I smell second level as it shows "Items SO FAR"

Take your time this is great, at first i thought it was just going to be stick figures, then i saw providence and i KNEW this was gonna be good, well animated too.

Only nitpick is the fps makes it seem choppy at areas.

• cowcatcherer

cowcatcherer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

dude that was freakin awesome! keep up the good work.

• Draymarc

Draymarc Aquatic Astronaut

What the Mercenary did to Colossus looked like it came straight from Shingeki no Kyojin :rofl:

• FL-Nordin

yeah, i took close notes of that scene, because i found the series so awesome, i wanted to reference it, but it was getting alot of fuss in the stickpage threads, because people thought i had rotoscoped it, but that wasnt the case, however i have still much to learn about refferencing and copying since those 2 things can get mixed up pretty easily (if one is not informed enough), it was a poor discision on my part.

• This was such a cool video. I asked @mollygos to make sure the hopoo team got to see it. =]

• NLZ

NLZ Void-Bound Voyager

This video was awesome. "I sense a risk of rain" :D