1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Risk of Rain Patch v1.0.2 released.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Foamed, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Bob_boberson

Bob_boberson Space Penguin Leader

Ah hmm....Nice that this was fixed so quickly. Do agree about the damage scaling on it though. Should be 10% per enemy it pierces or something more along those lines not 50% drop each enemy. :/

• andschwa

andschwa Void-Bound Voyager

Hi,

Since this update my roommate and I can't get online multi-player to work. The chosen port is properly forwarded and allowed through the firewall (and in fact, used to work fine), but the game isn't listening on my IP. The game will not show my public IP whatsoever (whether the option is "shown" or "hidden", with "shown" it's just blank, with "hidden" it's just dashes). I'm on Windows 8.1, and he's on Windows 7, both with version 1.0.2 through Steam.

It'd be great if we could get this working again. Thanks!

• A1CZERO

A1CZERO Subatomic Cosmonaut

I personally find Sniper very enjoyable and the increased charge speed helped a lot. Enforcer was probably my least favorite before now, but with that improved Protect and Serve he feels so unstoppable now.

• SPLlT

SPLlT Big Damn Hero

Do you REALLY want the sniper to be on the same level as other classes?
          Don't you think the difficulty of playing sniper feels GOOD?

... :3

But if you want the sniper to have a buff... here's what you might like.

He is hard to play, but I think if he is supposed to specialize in single target damage, the spotter shouldn't have a cooldown. Either that, or add in the 10-20% reduction per enemy pierced rather than 50%. Or instead of dropping in damage by 50% per enemy, make it so that it hits at least 25% of your original % damage. (For example if you fully charged, the first enemy would take 100% damage from the shot, the next 50%, all the rest behind it 25%)

• Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

It is a charge field generator bug.
            DON'T take that item until the bug is fixed. (I got it in the 1.0.1 version, so this is not new to the 1.0.2)

• Saeryf

Saeryf Phantasmal Quasar

Uhh, I've never had a problem like that with Chargefield Generator. In fact, I picked up a second one just now for testing purposes and can confirm that it's not breaking it by having 2. What it actually improves, I'm unsure. Ate it to about a dozen mechanical spiders shortly after.... lol.

• Dzumeister

Dzumeister Subatomic Cosmonaut

i don't even

• joey4track

joey4track Ketchup Robot

Well after the update the game crashed once my chargefield generator proc'd so I don't know how you didn't get affected by it, but it is definitely bugged.

Also, in no way does the Merc need any buffs whatsoever...

• Bob_boberson

I recently found out that it is not JUST the Chargefield, but a combo of it and the Will o of the Wisp. May possibly be other things too, but it reacts to the Chargefield in a messed up way currently. From what I can gather it seems the Chargefield hits with the Will O Wisp explosions instead of its normal damage which causes the flying away part....

• Degu

Degu Yeah, You!

Is there any news on when the humble version of the update will be available to download? I have the steam version but the friend i play with does not and we havent been able to play today.

• meow247

meow247 Pangalactic Porcupine

probably in 2/3 days. have patience :coffee:

• Degu

Degu Yeah, You!

Oh i am very patient don't worry :) I just wasn't sure.

• Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Personnally, I got 3 time the Chargefield and it bug everytime even if I don't had the same item each time. (no Will o of the Wisp)

• Bob_boberson

Hmm this bug seems very strange... I just picked one up in a run a while ago and it ran fine even with all sorts of other goodies on me...

• Saeryf

Saeryf Phantasmal Quasar

I've had a few runs where I got the Chargefield Generator, but I haven't had any of these problems yet which is really strange to me. I don't doubt that you guys are having these problems, I'm just saying it's strange that I haven't had it yet. It'll happen in time I'm sure. :p.

• silver593

silver593 Subatomic Cosmonaut

That will not work for me, I have NVIDIA surround enabled because I use it for work, it takes freaking forever to disable it and once it does all of my programs freak out because its in surround anymore. Id prefer if the devs fixed the issue.

• zemaus

zemaus Tentacle Wrangler

Nice to see all these bug fixes :DD

• Bob_boberson

Here here!

• Jizzneyland

Jizzneyland Space Hobo

Hello,

this might be a stupid question, but I don't know where I can download the new patch. I don't have the steam version, I bought Risk of Rain with the "Buy Now" feature on this side.

Can somebody help me?

Greetings

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

If I'm not mistaken you get it via the humble store then?