1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Risk of Rain Let's play series. Looking for tips to improve my game

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by aldershot, Feb 1, 2014.

1. aldershot

aldershot Tentacle Wrangler

(updated mar 13)
    We get frustrated and return to a toon we know

(updated mar 13)
    We play around with the enchantress a little.... and kinda fail =/

(updated feb 16)
    This time we do pretty well until we hit a snag with the indicator =/

(updated feb 15)
    Just updloaded another to the series. This time we unlocked the engie and give him a spin!

These are some videos of me playing some risk of rain. Still kind of new and sorta n00b to the game. would love to get some tips on how to improve my game.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
      Decahexahedron likes this.
    • aldershot

Just updloaded another to the series. This time we unlocked the engie and give him a spin!

• Valerie Valens

Valerie Valens Void-Bound Voyager

Protip, once you activate the boss, enemies will spawn very quickly for 90 seconds regardless of whether the boss is killed or not, so it's better to just run the f**k away and only turn around to take pot shots if you can get away with it.

aldershot likes this.
        • aldershot

hey Val, thanks for the tip! That pretty useful

• aldershot

another addition to the series

Valerie Valens likes this.
            • Valerie Valens

Valerie Valens Void-Bound Voyager

Definitely making some progress here. I was about to yell at you for ditching the Explorer's Key at level 5, since you could unlock a Golden Chest with it much more easily, but you picked another one, which is good. The Drone Helper item is pretty garbage late-game as it summons 4 piddly low-tiered drones that only lasts for 10 seconds max. It is only ever useful in levels 1-2 where enemies don't do as much damage or when you have nothing else as far as useable items goes.

Can't really blame you for dying in level 5 though as you didn't realize that there is a place near the eastern end that you could climb up to.

• aldershot

haha thanks for the tips Valerie. they are actually super useful

• aldershot

Another session of our risk of rain let's play series. It's been too long since I've played and kinda fail terribly =/
                  But we did get the enchantress!! Woot!

Ps. this is a 2 parter. I get frustrated and gose back to the engie :p