1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Risk of Rain in Lego

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by TheMugbearer, Dec 13, 2013.

1. TheMugbearer

TheMugbearer Phantasmal Quasar

Because I love Lego and RoR and I can!

Note: all figures and ship's model are made in Lego Digital designer.

[​IMG]
    UES Contact Light side
    by The Mugbearer, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    UES Contact Light

[​IMG]
    UES Contact Light Tractor

[​IMG]
    Risk of Rain - Commando

[​IMG]
    Risk of Rain - Engineer

[​IMG]
    Risk of Rain - HAN-D

[​IMG]
    Risk of Rain - Huntress

[​IMG]
    Risk of Rain - Miner

• meow247

meow247 Pangalactic Porcupine

mooooore :rainbow:

• Av3nged

Av3nged Space Penguin Leader

Nice! Your other work is also mazing :eek:
        I really love that Blitzcrank and the FTL ships, and the rest for that matter xD
        good job ;)

• TheMugbearer

Thanks. =) I hope that The Lego Group will pick my FTL project for next official set.

• DNLK

DNLK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do Kickstarter.

• needsomemiracle

needsomemiracle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is so freaking cool.

Alternatelively, the Lego website has a voting system in which they consider making it a real Lego set if it gets more than a certain amount of upvotes (several thousand? I can't recall).

• TheMugbearer

It's not the official Lego site, but a separate project called Lego CUUSOO. 10.000 votes are required for the project to be reviewed, and even after achieving such a number it is not 100% chance that your project will be picked.
                Also, current CUUSOO politics prohibits projects that suggest a theme.
                More over, what value Risk of Rain could provide aside from some sentimental feelings for it's fans? I know that it sounds strange, but... Still, it might be a good idea to give it a try, but consider also IP problems. What of RoR devs wont allow the project to happen?

• needsomemiracle

Well now, isn't that true for every work of art presented as a process over time?
                  Keychains, t-shirts, pins and plushies made after webcomics provide no value aside from reminding you of the webcomic you like (and negligible utility), yet such merchandise proved to be successful. Same for video games: you don't really need that jewel box with an extra-shiny CD and finely-printed booklets to play the game, but there's a market for those too.

I have a Star Wars Lego set (9500) permanently assembled for decoration in my book case, and I'm about twice as old as the box says I should be to play with this set. It's there because I like both Lego and SW. I also like RoR, so I would be the target audience.

I wouldn't worry about IP though. hopoo games is pretty cool guy. Eh is chill about Risk of Rain and doesn't afraid of anything.

P.S. Thanks for the clarification. Yeah, Cuusoo is the name I forgot.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
                  • TheMugbearer

Yes, this is very true. I am just not really sure that Risk of Rain in Lego format with gain as much attention as FTL project I've made.

My girlfriend owns a collection of white Bionicle figures thanks to me. So I know that feel. =)

But there's to much 'what ifs' to consider. What if Lego won't accept it? What if we never get the 10k votes? And so on and so forth. On the other hand, not every project that I make should be considered successful.

Welcome.

Actually, if I will ever have to make a RoR project, I will make UES Contact Light a main feature of the set with maybe a few minifigs (much like Star Wars collectible sets).

• needsomemiracle

Oh, so that was you! I'm not really that involved in Cuusoo but I've seen friends link it during a chat. Kudos and good luck with the review.

As for RoR, you're right, it doesn't have enough exposure yet.

• TheMugbearer

Thank you. I am really nervous about that. Also, they are gonna do a huge update for FTL. I guess I'm gonna be busy making Layout C's for every ship haha. :D

• Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

okay this is outstanding.
                          1. Should do the rest of the characters
                          2. Some full scenery or sets based on different parts of the maps would be amazing
                          2a. to include the various Artifact variants and shrines
                          3. Mobs?
                          10/10 would buy ^^

• Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Thats awesome nice job, also it looks great I would buy it!

• TheMugbearer

Grunni, Ixantir and Jonesy like this.
                            • TheMugbearer

Grunni, meow247, Ixantir and 2 others like this.
                            • FL-Nordin

FL-Nordin Void-Bound Voyager

hahaha, nice how do you even find the appropriate parts

• TheMugbearer

Oh, that's a natural way of things: I have many years of practice with Lego Digital Designer behind my shoulders. =)

• TheMugbearer

• mageblood

mageblood Big Damn Hero

These last two remind me more of Bionicle. Either way, they all look pretty cool and, being a fan of legos, I would be willing to buy a set of RoR legos. Sadly though, I am no longer a child and the fun wouldn't be the same. They are better fit for collection.

• TheMugbearer

There's no surprise, I am a huge Bionicle fan.

Thank you. =)