1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Rise of the Hylotl 1.8 - Dungeons Fixed

Hylotl-themed dungeons, lore-based armors, weapons, items, tiles, objects, etc.

1. WihiWihi38

WihiWihi38 Master Chief

After a wipe and reinstall of Starbound, it's working fine now. Could have been either of the other mods I had in place (Star Wars armors and Firefly ship mod). Loving the mod seancruz

2. Hydre

Hydre Void-Bound Voyager

The steel bar recipe shows up fine for me, perhaps it's some other mod that causes it to disappear?

3. WihiWihi38

WihiWihi38 Master Chief

Hydre,

Yah, that's what I'm thinking. Not sure why Firefly ship mod or Star Wars Armor mod would do this, but perhaps it was just the combination of all three. It's all working fine now.

4. MrKicklagger

MrKicklagger Yeah, You!

how do you get cellpods and cell matter?

5. seancruz

seancruz Big Damn Hero

You can purchase the cellpods seed in the Herbs Garden. You must farm the plant in order to generate cellpods.

Cell matter is a resource found in the Cell Minibiome found underground. They're these dna-looking plants that slightly glow. I've seen them spawn in slime minibiomes. I'm not sure if they're a variation of the slime minibiome, or all slime minibiomes spawn cellmatter.

6. Elder-Mod

Elder-Mod Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, this mod is positively fabulous! The only problem is that it no longer works with Furious Koala. Can this perhaps be amended? I wish to have this back as quickly as possible, it's too much fun to play without!

Hausmeierkarl and funkymunke like this.
  7. Hausmeierkarl

Hausmeierkarl Void-Bound Voyager

I agree. Great mod that is missing in the current version. I'm really looking forward to an update now. In a rush to play, I manually updated the file, but it obivously resulted in numerous generic objects and other materials missing. I hope you get to it soon. Keep up the good work.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  8. FearActual

FearActual Aquatic Astronaut

Can we please get an update for furious?

Please and Thank You!

9. seancruz

seancruz Big Damn Hero

aw man this update snuck in at the worst time ever!

I am sorry it might be a while til I update to Furious, I've got so much on my plate!

10. Sketch2347

Sketch2347 Phantasmal Quasar

So im curious is it possible to encounter these as a human, and would i be able to gather the gear from a shopkeeper through blueprints?

11. gagreflex910

gagreflex910 Void-Bound Voyager

Awww this mod looks so awesome!I guess I'll play another race while I wait for this to be updated. I think it'll be worth it :)

12. stardust7671

stardust7671 Pangalactic Porcupine

please update this mod my house looks to boring for my hylotl

13. seancruz

seancruz Big Damn Hero

You may encounter the villages, but you may not craft the new plants, armors, building materials, weapons, etc. Blueprints is something I'll be considering at some point, but getting into that can be tricky for me at the moment.

Almost done updating! Just gotta fix an issue with the armors!

14. seancruz

seancruz Big Damn Hero

So the villages are not loading proper. The building loads, and a couple objects load, but the NPCs don't appear neither do doors, lanterns, and other objects. If anyone has an idea as to why this is, let me know. Otherwise, dungeons at the moment are holding the mod back from being fully updated :/

15. Glitchtonite

Glitchtonite Subatomic Cosmonaut

Sweet job man on the mod! CANT WAIT till its fully updated and good luck on the dungeons :)

16. Hausmeierkarl

Hausmeierkarl Void-Bound Voyager

Glad to see you are making progress :) I've sent you a message a while ago with some things I found, while trying to update the mod manually for myself. All the issues were mostly related to the three strings: "size", "amount", and "price" for "object" files. All values for these have to have the quotation marks removed, otherwise they won't load properly and the monasteries spawn empty. I sent my starbound log related to the mod with it at the time. The monasteries are working for me and are fully functional, with NPC's and all the items/tiles as well.
    Many solutions can be found in this thread http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/new-updates-and-how-it-affects-you.66554/

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  17. lovewhale

lovewhale Poptop Tamer

OH GODD, I am so hard for this mod.

Been checking several times a day for the past week to see when it would be updated, and seeing the last few comments has ignited a fire in my loins that can only be extinguished through some prolonged exposure to some o that sick-ass armour.

I thank you for working on this, but my gf will hate you because I will probably not even communicate with her when this is released.

18. seancruz

seancruz Big Damn Hero

seancruz updated Rise of the Hylotl with a new update entry:

Furious Koala Update!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reeddick likes this.
  19. skulledrebel

skulledrebel Void-Bound Voyager

I CAN SEE THE FUTURE. I kid you not, like five minutes ago I was thinking, "If Rise of the Hylotl would just update I wouldn't be so bored... Oh well," AND THEN BAM, you update. You rock!

20. badboy_zay

badboy_zay Void-Bound Voyager

thanks for the update. do I have to remove old universe files to make this mod work?
    also, does this mod compatible with Variety is the spice of universe and Dungeoneer dungeons?