1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Rise of the Hylotl 1.8 - Dungeons Fixed

Hylotl-themed dungeons, lore-based armors, weapons, items, tiles, objects, etc.

1. xypher3ns

xypher3ns Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Came back to say MAN I love this mod! I'd highly recommend it to any friends of mine that play Starbound (and I have already, hehe.) because I absolutely adore the effort put into it. The detail on the sprites, the amazing tiles, even down to the armours and their descriptions.

Absolute kudos. I'm even planning on making an entire Hylotl village on my server thanks to this mod!

So in short; Keep up the astounding work, seancruz!

2. Zouleena

Zouleena Pangalactic Porcupine

Hylotls are my favorite race (can't wait to see them fleshed out by the devs) but in the mean time I'm really digging the design and asthetics you've attributed to them in your mod. Might just have to download this as my first ever mod and play with this later on ;)

ps... need to work on that female armor, this gal needs to cover up her finny bits ;)

Finn Learson likes this.
  3. seancruz

seancruz Big Damn Hero

Thanks, unfortunately I cannot collab at this time. I am currently producing my own game, and I was only able to work on this mod because of Winter Break. Now that it's almost over, I'm rushing to finish as much as I can.

4. seancruz

seancruz Big Damn Hero

@xypher3ns thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it

@Zouleena yes I know :( hopefully this weekend, I'll get all those fem versions done, why did I not do it from the start?!

Zouleena likes this.
  5. kitsunespirit

kitsunespirit Cosmic Narwhal

Totally understandable. If you dont mind, could I use some of your things? Probly the foods and decorations.

6. seancruz

seancruz Big Damn Hero

As long as you credit them in your Mod overview and updates. They also must be different from the way they're used in my mod.

7. Fullapple1991

Fullapple1991 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I really think it's epic! :rofl: But could\would you do another mod for the humans? I play as one, it it really anoys me how the theme is prison and not culture... <_<

8. GGBudderCast

GGBudderCast Intergalactic Tourist

Now someone neades to make this for the Avians couse i dont like Hylotl's that much sorry Hylotl fanns :D

9. seancruz

seancruz Big Damn Hero

I wish! I do not have time since I gotta get back to my game. If I did, I'd do all the races.

I think the Avians are well-off at the moment. Florans could use a bit of touching, humans definitely need some love. Apex dungeons also need variety. If I had time I'd expand on all races. Maybe even make my own races.

kay pee and Fullapple1991 like this.
  10. betato

betato Void-Bound Voyager

My first and middle characters where hylotils! When I saw this mod I'm now planning to make another one!

xypher3ns likes this.
  11. seancruz

seancruz Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]

A sneak preview on what I'm working on (no the character). It's taking longer since I'm currently on a road trip.​

Zouleena, kay pee and xypher3ns like this.
  12. Dr. Toros

Dr. Toros Existential Complex

Hey, I really like this mod, and love all the details and cosmetic enhancements that Hylotl receive.

My only criticism is the fishbone armor. It's a beautiful set, and I like that you made fish more useful, but lore-wise, Hylotl going out and killing fish for their bones would be taboo.

In many ways, fishbone armor would be more appropriate for floran, both aesthetically and thematically.

13. seancruz

seancruz Big Damn Hero

Yeah that's a good point. But, let's say that the hylotls are more of the cephalopods mollusc kind rather than the chordates kind. Besides, hylotl missionaries have to survive somehow :whoop:

14. kay pee

kay pee Master Chief

Beautiful work! The pixel art is phenomenal. I love the background houses in the screenshots as well. And all the descriptions and lore you added make sense. I enjoy making things out of only monster drops, it adds meaning to the game. (even though fish are bloody hard to find). I'm not sure if anyone has experienced this, but I can't create the healing pond because the iron lantern crafting seems to have vanished. Not sure why? And your plants grow unusually fast. Not that I'm complaining, because I'm impatient, but I just thought I'd let you know. Again, great work. Please keep it up. I can't wait for female stuff.

15. seancruz

seancruz Big Damn Hero

Thanks! The iron lantern should be craftable in the crafting table, as well as your mobile crafting UI. Or do you mean that you can't craft the healing pond even after crafting iron lanterns? Maybe I ought to just take out the lantern recipe part completely lol

Oh darn, my plants are not supposed to grow that fast. Initially during testing, I had them grow in seconds for testing purposes. Later I changed them to regular speeds. I'll have to check that out. Thanks for bringing it up!

16. kay pee

kay pee Master Chief

Figured out the problem with the iron lanterns. They weren't showing up at my crafting table for some reason. Restarted the game and they show up now. I then crafted the healing pond. Everything works great. Poop drops seem a little sparse. Every ten (or so) monsters I kill, I only get one poop. Maybe reverse the recipe and make two fertilizers per one poop?

17. thelightreaper

thelightreaper Subatomic Cosmonaut

oh man this mods amazing just don't know how to get the ingredients for the cellular armor

Sketch2347 likes this.
  18. seancruz

seancruz Big Damn Hero

seancruz updated Rise of the Hylotl with a new update entry:

The Monastery Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

19. WihiWihi38

WihiWihi38 Master Chief

Anyone else having issues with Metal Working Station not showing Steel Bar as a recipe even after you reach Beta sector? I crafted starmap MK2 and used it and still nothing. I'm currently doing a fresh wipe/install of the game to see if it was this mod or one of the other two small one's I had installed that was causing this.

Aside from that, love the mod. It's added a lot more depth to the Hylotl race and makes the game that much more enjoyable. Doesn't hurt that it's great to look at too.

20. seancruz

seancruz Big Damn Hero

I'll look into that once I get a chance. That's certainly strange.

The only thing the update includes is a new dungeon file, with the proper images to make the dungeon, and the material files for the new tiles and objects. None of them have anything to do with steel bar. I do believe that one of the armors does require steel bars, not sure which.