Modding Discussion Revival of Ammo Overhaul by Wurmheart

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by xxCygnus13xx, May 1, 2017.

1. xxCygnus13xx

xxCygnus13xx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello all,

I have been spending the past few weeks revive the popular mod Ammo Overhaul by Wurmheart and I finally have something usable!

I received permission from Wurmheart a few years ago, and I finally got around to bringing the mod back to life.

This is a mod that almost made it into the core game itself, but this ended up not happening unfortunately.

I have done my best to convert and keep the original weapons and designs of the mod, but Starbound has changed a lot since this mod was last updated and as such, I have had to make some changes. Most notably, I have had to adjust the crafting tiers to better reflect the current tier system of the game.

I have also removed some content from the original mod. Currently, flamethrowers, biome weapons, and crossbows have been cut, but I plan on bringing back the flamethrowers and biome guns. (YAY FIRE!)

As such, I am currently looking for people to test the mod in it's current form to help balance and fix any potential issues. I am currently going through a play-through with this mod to help test things as well.

So please feel free to download the mod and give any insight, advice, or suggestions as you see fit.

Thank you,
    xxCygnus13xx

Below is the nexus page with more details (granted it is out of date) on the mod.
    http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/324/?

Attached Files:

bk3k likes this.
  2. xxCygnus13xx

Fixed some inaccessible ammos due to removed items from game, but not from assests *shakes fist at Chucklefish*
    Fixed missing "x" from table interface.

Attached Files:

3. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

This is pretty amazing, both the original mod and the fact that you managed to revive it. Definitely planning on using this one for my next character.

xxCygnus13xx likes this.
  4. xxCygnus13xx

Fixed not being able to craft steel.
    More tweaks to crafting recipes for cartridges. No more needing to keep ore, started making the recipes make sense (toxic uses venom samples, incendiary uses oil, explosives use volatile powder, etc)

Attached Files:

5. Happi

Happi Void-Bound Voyager

Is this still being worked on?

6. xxCygnus13xx

No, the version on the nexus is the old version, the latest version I have made is 5/3/17 and found in this thread. I havent worked on it in a while, so it may or may not work with the current version of starbound. I will come back to the mod once i am less busy with school and work.